Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
However, Messi has just as much talent as Ronaldo - he just doesn't have the same staggering statistics as Ronaldo...yet...to back it up.
Ronaldo is also aided by his size. If Messi didn't have that illness and was a little bulkier, he'd be stronger. That'd help. But then again, Messi said that diesease is what caused him to focus on dribbling more, so who knows?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
reddwarf said:
Ronaldo or Messi? Wow, that really is a tough one.

Last season Ronaldo was, without question, the best football player on the planet. However, Messi has just as much talent as Ronaldo - he just doesn't have the same staggering statistics as Ronaldo...yet...to back it up.

I think it is entirely possible that we may have already witnessed Ronaldo's best season. Messi, on the otherhand, I think will get better and better and when he's reached his mid to late 20's I think he will be the best player in the World.

In conclusion, Ronaldo in the short-term and Messi in the long-term for me.

That's kinda what Jazz said. and maybe you guys are right about in the long run Messi might be better.
But Ronaldo isn't on best form at the moment so don't right off his season yet.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
Ronaldo is also aided by his size. If Messi didn't have that illness and was a little bulkier, he'd be stronger. That'd help. But then again, Messi said that diesease is what caused him to focus on dribbling more, so who knows?
maybe his ilness helped him? His low centre of gravity gives him a huge advantage
like Maradona.

VaVaVoom said:
But Ronaldo isn't on best form at the moment so don't right off his season yet.
Ronaldo is still to come good this season and I know he will. He will still bang
in 30+ goals and do well.
As for Messi, I think he is a shoe in for the Ballon D'or next year, even at this
early stage. He is having an incredible season and I would bet big that he will
win the prize next year, which is kind fo what myself and RedDwarf (good post btw)
are trying to say. Messi has more room for improvement, which at his age is staggering,
but has Ronaldo peaked? Can he do better than last season???

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Last season Ronaldo was a better player than anyone by faaaaaaar. As for this season not only has United started slowly but so has Ronaldo, he has been playing quite poor all season yet is still our top scorer I think that shows true class. However over the long term Messi will be a better player he's 20, I think which is 2 years younger than Ronaldo, and over those 2 years that was when Ronaldo established himself as one of the best around, Messi has already done that, so who knows how goopd he'll be by 22.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
piazza said:
Ronaldo:

Left foot, right foot, head, set pieces, dribbling

Messi:

Left foot, X, X, X, Dribbling

there you have it.

Messi is also a spitter, which makes him one of the lowest forms of human beings there are.
I'd go along with this... Messi is in good form at the moment and is more likely to 'show up' in the big games so to speak ... altho Ronaldo did score in the CL final, and played class! ... dont get much 'bigger'than that!

Ronaldo is a better all rounder, has everything... he's also less injury prone than this little guy, and I don't think Messi could handle the Premiership fullbacks everyweek, he'd be stretchered off v regularly! Ronaldo is also a goal machine... Messi not as consistent scoring wise ...

I'll go with Ronaldo, and I'm confident he'll stay with us for some time yet ... and we will never get the best player in the world again unless we make him ourselves ... so get off his back ppl and start supporting him!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Last season Ronaldo was a better player than anyone by faaaaaaar. As for this season not only has United started slowly but so has Ronaldo, he has been playing quite poor all season yet is still our top scorer I think that shows true class. However over the long term Messi will be a better player he's 20, I think which is 2 years younger than Ronaldo, and over those 2 years that was when Ronaldo established himself as one of the best around, Messi has already done that, so who knows how goopd he'll be by 22.
I know what you guys are saying re him being so good at such a young age and having the potential etc... but I think Ronaldo is much more of a natural athlete, he rarely gets any kind of injury, where as Messi picks up hamstring and thigh strains quite often...

all the injuries will take their toll on him, look at Michael Owen for eg...

We'll see ... nbut as I see it the question regards the Premiership, and I don't think Messi would be as effective there as Ronaldo is!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts