Manchester United Talk banner

messi or ronaldo

2K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  eoininho 
#1 ·
:eek: dont know if this has been done before and that it will probably **** a few people off:rolleyes: not that i really care its simply who would you rather have in you team MESSI or RONALDO mines would be ronaldo as hes already proven in the premiership id be more than happy for him to stay as long as we dont get another summer of him singing 'should i stay or should i go' just thought id give this a go whats your opinion on this

#6 ·
piazza said:
Didn't he say something about his kids or something?

That's what I read anyway, still you are correct.

If you ask about my personal view, Christian Poulsen is a dirty player himself...

the fact is still...Totti got a 3 game ban for spitting....and you say Messi is the lowest of the lowest....and still like Totti... Maybe they said something offending to Messi that made him spit.

Still, Poulsen is a dirty player and I heard even that players in Juve first didnt want him there. :D

#7 ·
spellbound said:
If you ask about my personal view, Christian Poulsen is a dirty player himself...
the fact is still...Totti got a 3 game ban for spitting....and you say Messi is the lowest of the lowest....and still like Totti... Maybe they said something offending to Messi that made him spit.

Still, Poulsen is a dirty player and I heard even that players in Juve first didnt want him there. :D
Agreed. You raise a good point, and I retract my "lowest of the low" statement.

Ronaldo is still a much better player than Messi, regardless of personal behavior, if they were both saints, or the pope or something like that, the bottom line is Ronaldo is one of the most complete players in the world. Messi is great at what he does, but he simply does less than the European Player of the Year.

#8 ·
Ronaldo in my opinion as what he does on the pitch, Messi is a player that can only run with the ball and make things happen.

But with ronaldo, come on guys, sometimes he just needs one touch and he can play a perfect through ball, he can run with the ball just like messi, but ronaldo has pace when there are counter attacks you can bet ronaldo will always be there, with messi he is slower. Ronaldo can score with any part of his body, ronaldo has that goal touch, even if the ball is missed passed roanldo will still score or if not atleast make the keeper to try and deal with it. Ronaldo is never of target. Messi is world class but ronaldo has a lot more attributes.

#9 ·
I like Ronaldo.....but I like Messi more than him...WHY ??? I dont know why but I really like Messi than Ronaldo....If Messi join ManUtd, United will be even better & biggest club...How Messi dribbles and how he score goals...Plus all BPL player already knew how ROnaldo perform on the pitch and a guard tightly by others defender and I believe this is the reason why Ronaldo form have been a little bad this season...

#13 ·
Piazza you make me laugh, you calling us double standard yesterday for wanting Stephen Ireland back while non of us slated Byod..... that amused me alone then you slate Messi about spitting and your boy Totti did the same.
Thanks for pointing out that Spellbound ;)

Jeeeez if i was a mod i would BAN those who say Messi, do you think any Barca fan would say Ronaldo is better--- not a hope, now i can see why Stephen and Ant-Devil get annoyed with United fans. We have the best player in the world at our club and you still aint happy.

#14 ·
VaVaVoom said:
Piazza you make me laugh, you calling us double standard yesterday for wanting Stephen Ireland back while non of us slated Byod..... that amused me alone then you slate Messi about spitting and your boy Totti did the same.
Thanks for pointing out that Spellbound ;)

Jeeeez if i was a mod i would BAN those who say Messi, do you think any Barca fan would say Ronaldo is better--- not a hope, now i can see why Stephen and Ant-Devil get annoyed with United fans. We have the best player in the world at our club and you still aint happy.
im just being realistic! and cant we have freedom of opinion?

i dont care if barca fans dont say ronaldo, i just think messi is better.
im reli happy with ronaldo btw.

:eek:

#15 ·
Im actually with Forza on this one. Dont get me wrong, Ronaldo deserved his
Ballon D'or cos he was the best player over the last 12 months, his 42 goals
and the trophies he helped United win.
Saying that, I actually think Messi is far more consistent. He always plays well.
With Ronaldo he can be sh1te but pop up with 2 goals. We have seen this
numerous times, but its not a criticism of him. He is obviously in the top 2
in the World, but Ron and Messi are miles ahead of everyone else.

When we look back in 10/12 years time, I think Messi will go down as the greater
of the 2, He is the greatest natural talent since greatest (Maradona)
I want Ronaldo to stay at United for many more years and I think he will
and I wouldnt 'swap' him for Messi. Ronaldo could still achieve legend status
if he sticks around. He could also get United's goalscoring record if he stayed.

But I still think that Messi>Ronaldo in general and definitely in the future (barring injuries)
There is VERY little between them though.

#16 ·
piazza said:
Ronaldo:

Left foot, right foot, head, set pieces, dribbling

Messi:

Left foot, X, X, X, Dribbling

there you have it.

Messi is also a spitter, which makes him one of the lowest forms of human beings there are.
But did Maradona have a right foot? and was he good in the air?
It didnt stop him being the best player ever and Messi is a carbon copy of him, its unreal.

As for the spitting, yes its digusting but it doesnt make him a worse player.
Sure look at Ronaldo, he cant cover himself in glory either with his general antics.
I can see where you are coming from with your argument but the mere mention
of Maradona just blows it out of the water imo. There isnt much between the 2
players, but obviously most people on this forum will be biased towards Ronaldo
and thats fair enough, but Ive seen enough of both players to come to my own conclusion.
Thats the beauty of football anyway, we all have different opinions.:)

#17 ·
My point is--- i ask a Liverpool fan who's the best in the world and they say Torres or Gerrard.
I ask my Liverpool mate who's the best team and he says Liverpool every season.
I ask a United fan whos the best team and some say Chelsea.
I know im gone way off point here but its just hard to read or listen 2.

For the first time in 40years a United player was crowned KING of the world and to see United fans calling other players better is hard to read.

For me United will always be the greatest team---- through good or bad.
And at the moment Ronaldo is the best.

Sorry for ranting off topic:)

#18 ·
Jazz 16 said:
But did Maradona have a right foot? and was he good in the air?
It didnt stop him being the best player ever and Messi is a carbon copy of him, its unreal.

As for the spitting, yes its digusting but it doesnt make him a worse player.
Sure look at Ronaldo, he cant cover himself in glory either with his general antics.
I can see where you are coming from with your argument but the mere mention
of Maradona just blows it out of the water imo. There isnt much between the 2
players, but obviously most people on this forum will be biased towards Ronaldo
and thats fair enough, but Ive seen enough of both players to come to my own conclusion.
Thats the beauty of football anyway, we all have different opinions.:)
I never said spitting makes Messi a worst player, he's simply not as good as Ronaldo, he can't do what Ronaldo can.

And Vava, I wasn't criticizing you, just Jazz cause he gave me a b0llocking, or whatever.

#19 ·
piazza said:
I never said spitting makes Messi a worst player, he's simply not as good as Ronaldo, he can't do what Ronaldo can.

And Vava, I wasn't criticizing you, just Jazz cause he gave me a b0llocking, or whatever.

Thats not true piazza !!

messi can do other things that ronaldo cant do not every player is the same there all different but messi edges it

#20 ·
red dave said:
Thats not true piazza !!

messi can do other things that ronaldo cant do not every player is the same there all different but messi edges it
Really?

Cause when's the last time you saw Messi sky over someone and hit a gorgeous header into Cech's bottom corner, or how about the header against Roma?

Messi is definitely better with the ball at his feet, but not by much, it doesn't outweigh what Ronaldo can do.

#21 ·
piazza said:
Really?

Cause when's the last time you saw Messi sky over someone and hit a gorgeous header into Cech's bottom corner, or how about the header against Roma?

Messi is definitely better with the ball at his feet, but not by much, it doesn't outweigh what Ronaldo can do.

Piazza i'm with you all the way friend, it's just really hard to please some people.

#22 ·
piazza said:

Fair enough mate. Thats your opinion.

How was I b0llocking you? :rolleyes: :confused: Im just trying to debate the thread topic is all.
You seem to take offence to things I say quite easily. Have I done owt to p1ss you off Mr.Pizza?

#24 ·
piazza said:
Really?

when did ronaldo score past madrid? :rolleyes: when did ronaldo go past 5 players and the goal keeper and score:rolleyes: seariously mate we can use examples all day.

messi is much more consistant atm. but i like both these players.

#25 ·
Jazz 16 said:
How was I b0llocking you? :rolleyes: :confused: Im just trying to debate the thread topic is all.
You seem to take offence to things I say quite easily. Have I done owt to p1ss you off Mr.Pizza?
Honestly, you take the things I say faaaaar too seriously. I'm not mad, I was mostly pointing out an anomaly I noticed. To be honest, I forgot about Totti spitting. :eek:

The b0llocking thing was about Boyd and all that, cause Vava was speaking of it.

Vavavoom said:
Piazza i'm with you all the way friend, it's just really hard to please some people.
People are blinded by their own dislike for players it seems. They're also blinded by their adoration.

Watch the two impartially, Ronaldo is clearly better. Though they are both breathtaking and an absolute orgasm to watch. I'd love to see them on the same side, just to see what would happen.

#26 ·
VaVaVoom said:
For the first time in 40years a United player was crowned KING of the world and to see United fans calling other players better is hard to read.

And at the moment Ronaldo is the best.

Sorry for ranting off topic:)
You werent ranting mate. I can see what you are saying and I respect your
opinion. Ronaldo HAS been the best over the last year and he deservd his award.
Im not disputing that one bit, but overall I think Messi will go on to become
the greatest player ever. I can see it in him and he is a bit younger than
Ronnie as well. Look at Ronaldo when he was Messi's age...he wasnt half the player Messi is.
They are both up there as the two current greats and they will both go on to be
mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Cruyff, Zidane etc....
Im not 'dissing' Ron for saying Messi is better. Its just my opinion but tbh there is
nothing really in it and there are 2 equally good arguments for them. Lets see what some others say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.