Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's with Mexes at International level?I mean most people agree that he's a world class defender for Roma, right?

Time and time again people will tell you he's great for club.So when he finally get's his chance to play for country what's going on there?

Watch the highlights of France Vs Austria. Wait until right near the end. It gives a really great view, close up, of Mexes "marking" an Austrian player.

At least if his National career stagnates he can always play for the French Rugby team. :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
OK, this clip makes him look particularly bad.

When Spain played Sweden in Euro 2008 Sergio Ramos was up against 'Puta'himovic and got dumoed on his ass, before Ibrahimovic turned, fired and scored.

That made Ramos look bad, but he;s still a top defender.

Now, this clip makes Mexes look anything, but world class, but I'd still say he;s in the top 10. But would you guys believe there's actually a very active member on this forum, who really believes that Philipe Mexes is better than Rio Ferdinand?!

Yep ...he also believes in the toot ferry, the easter bunny and that a stork delivered him to his parents.

I personally think he just wanted to throw a different name into the mix when were discussing world-class centre backs and then was too proud to retract his statements.

Top bloke nonetheless.

Take a bow Mike Piazza. :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lmao where is pizza boy :D
Cmon, pipe up mofo.....
Mexes>Rio in your opinion so back that **** up now if you will please sir Pizza :)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Ok everyone, wait until I put a video of Rio Ferdinand mainlining cocaine off a hooker's asscrack! :p

Nonetheless, I didn't know Sebastian Chabal and Mexes managed to figure out a ways to change bodies for a day! Mexxxes made me look pretty stupid there, maybe it was nerves? Who knows? I get just about every Roma game on tv here and I watch every United game and based on what I see every week from them
at the club level, that's where I get my hypothesis.

RedForceRising said:
OK, this clip makes him look particularly bad.

When Spain played Sweden in Euro 2008 Sergio Ramos was up against 'Puta'himovic and got dumoed on his ass, before Ibrahimovic turned, fired and scored.

That made Ramos look bad, but he;s still a top defender.

Now, this clip makes Mexes look anything, but world class, but I'd still say he;s in the top 10. But would you guys believe there's actually a very active member on this forum, who really believes that Philipe Mexes is better than Rio Ferdinand?!

Yep ...he also believes in the toot ferry, the easter bunny and that a stork delivered him to his parents.

I personally think he just wanted to throw a different name into the mix when were discussing world-class centre backs and then was too proud to retract his statements.

Top bloke nonetheless.

Take a bow Mike Piazza. :D
I agree with everything you have here, other than the tooth fairy stuff (I don't even believe in God! :D)

I remember when Zlatan made Ramos look stupid and the pounding Ramos took after that as well. Everything looks awful in slow motion, and everyone has bad games.

In conclusion: "Form is fleeting, Class is permanent"

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
piazza said:
Ok everyone, wait until I put a video of Rio Ferdinand mainlining cocaine off a hooker's asscrack! :p

Nonetheless, I didn't know Sebastian Chabal and Mexes managed to figure out a ways to change bodies for a day! Mexxxes made me look pretty stupid there, maybe it was nerves? Who knows? I get just about every Roma game on tv here and I watch every United game and based on what I see every week from them
at the club level, that's where I get my hypothesis.

I agree with everything you have here, other than the tooth fairy stuff (I don't even believe in God! :D)

I remember when Zlatan made Ramos look stupid and the pounding Ramos took after that as well. Everything looks awful in slow motion, and everyone has bad games.

In conclusion: "Form is fleeting, Class is permanent"

You get that on Fox Soccer?

I need to ask, cos there's a very real (frighteing) chance I might get exciled to Pittsburgh on a permanent basis.

Anyways, if you're gonna put up any videos, I'd prefer videos of Ramos getting pounded :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
HEY its a big difference between looking silly after another player finishing off a good move....and this what some call defending by Mexes. No defender is flawless and there will never be one but a sign of a class defender is that he dont make it a habit of poor defensive plays.

NO ONE wants a defending player who do one silly mistake one time and the next time do something useful. If thats class 97.5% of all professional defenders are class defenders.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
spellbound said:
HEY its a big difference between looking silly after another player finishing off a good move....and this what some call defending by Mexes. No defender is flawless and there will never be one but a sign of a class defender is that he dont make it a habit of poor defensive plays.

NO ONE wants a defending player who do one silly mistake one time and the next time do something useful. If thats class 97.5% of all professional defenders are class defenders.
he is ok. but i hate him...:p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
RedForceRising said:
You get that on Fox Soccer?

I need to ask, cos there's a very real (frighteing) chance I might get exciled to Pittsburgh on a permanent basis.

Anyways, if you're gonna put up any videos, I'd prefer videos of Ramos getting pounded :)
United against Arsenal is usually on twice a year. Most of the time I'm forced to watch United on the internet however. They almost always show (reruns at least) of the "big 4" Italian teams. I'd say about 10 or so league games of United were on last year. The champions league on ESPN usually shows our group games, but unless we draw someone really good in to round of 16 there isn't much chance you'll see us till the quarters (where we'll inevitably draw Roma). My best advice to you, is to make sure you get Setanta and probably BBC International and Sky if you insist on watching them on television.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
piazza said:
United against Arsenal is usually on twice a year. Most of the time I'm forced to watch United on the internet however. They almost always show (reruns at least) of the "big 4" Italian teams. I'd say about 10 or so league games of United were on last year. The champions league on ESPN usually shows our group games, but unless we draw someone really good in to round of 16 there isn't much chance you'll see us till the quarters (where we'll inevitably draw Roma). My best advice to you, is to make sure you get Setanta and probably BBC International and Sky if you insist on watching them on television.

Cheers piazza.

Setanta, BBC and Sky it is then. :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i wonder how much Futbol will rate Mexes
he rated Rio Ferdinand 4 just because he was slight responsible for 1 goal
even tho Rio have been top

what do you rate mexes fur ?
-4 :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
ouch....my stomach just turned upside down...

wasnt Fergie interested in Mexes a couple of years ago before he left Auxerre for Roma?:eek:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
ouch....my stomach just turned upside down...

wasnt Fergie interested in Mexes a couple of years ago before he left Auxerre for Roma?:eek:
and we got Vida the world best defender from Moscow for less price :rolleyes: :p :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts