Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are for sure the best, I went to California 2 days after the world cup, and given their large portion of Mexican and other Latin immigrants, they have Telemundo out there, and I got to watch both semis, the final and the 3rd place game in Spanish. Which I highly recommend someone do, if they are attempting to learn a language.

My aunt actually works for Telemundo in Chicago, and I got to meet the guy who does the bulk of the commentary(goooooool) in this vid, his name is Pablo Ramirez, and yes, he is that intense in real life.

This game has a special place in my heart as well.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
piazza said:
They are for sure the best, I went to California 2 days after the world cup, and given their large portion of Mexican and other Latin immigrants, they have Telemundo out there, and I got to watch both semis, the final and the 3rd place game in Spanish. Which I highly recommend someone do, if they are attempting to learn a language.

My aunt actually works for Telemundo in Chicago, and I got to meet the guy who does the bulk of the commentary(goooooool) in this vid, his name is Pablo Ramirez, and yes, he is that intense in real life.

This game has a special place in my heart as well.

There's a lot of emotion in latin commentators, in south america and europe

this is a special one for me, from last year's semi-final against benfica, that ended 5-3. These are comments from radio comentators, over the TV's transmition:

These two are from, what was probably our most extravagant commentator, Jorge Perestrelo, who passed away in 2005. His last game commented was the uefa cup semi final in 2005, and the last goal he so emmotionly celebrated was the qualifying goal that Sporting scored at Alkmaar to play in the UEFA final that year. I still get chills when I hear that one...

Here's an argetinian commentator, Victor Hugo Moralez:

And here's a Brazilian, commenting on Everton's goal last night ;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
LMAO! :cool:

That was hilarious!! Especially the second goal, i dont know what he was saying, it sounded like arsehole but obviously it was not...but he kept saying it and then even said it in italian lmao, that was hilarious! What a finish by del piero too and grosso should be proud of his goal too! :cool:

U know its funny you mentioned a game from the world cup in 2006, i was actually there during the world cup (i may have told you before i spent a year there) and i was at the fan fest in cologne for the final and alot of other matches like the england ones etc and spanish matches in either cologne or aachen (the place i studied) and the atmosphere was AWESOME!

Seriously, i never been in a country that was hosting a world cup before and like the whole country was together and all had there german flags painted on the faces and singing 'wir fahren nach berlin' and it was seriously something special. It was a great hot summer too and like people from all the other nations had come too to support there team, was something i'll never forget.

Like the year i went, the world cup happened right at the end of it so we all got the enjoy that and the local team (alemenia aachen) got promoted to the top tier of german football too, was an crazy crazy time i'll never forget! :cool:

Crazy commentary! :cool: had me laughin'!

pz!

ps how good is your spanish?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
United_OG said:
LMAO! :cool:

That was hilarious!! Especially the second goal, i dont know what he was saying, it sounded like arsehole but obviously it was not...but he kept saying it and then even said it in italian lmao, that was hilarious! What a finish by del piero too and grosso should be proud of his goal too! :cool:

Crazy commentary! :cool: had me laughin'!

pz!

ps how good is your spanish?
Lmao.

Golazo which means loosely "What a goal!"

If that was pronounced it Italian, it'd be like Golazzo, and in Italian, when there is two Zs it makes a sound like a T and an S in English, for instance:

Piazza- pee AHT zuh

My Spanish is pretty good, I can read and write it perfectly, but its tough to speak it and understand it at a speed that a native would, but I'm getting there.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I love Latin American commentators. They are just aaaaawwwwwwwwsssssooooommmmmeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I remember a game where Messi scored & I think my eardrums burst.

Goalazo Di Messi went on for I'm not joking a minute non stop.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the one posted by piazza has some real lungs....i think if he could he would have shouted goooooool until the morning:D. Latin comentantors....spanish...portugese..italian....are always great shouters:D

·
Stuck in reverse
4,145 Posts
I think they're annoying...
There's also this Argentinean commentator who sings after a goal is scored.

I'll look for a video.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Bambino Pons ... quality.

There was a good Guayo back in the day who used to say "tà tà tà tà tà
tà tà tà" (tà is està in Rioplatense, the accurate translation in this context
could be "there it is").

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The best one was Bambino Pons to Eye of the Tiger when Scholes scored.

Gol ... gol de Scholes, gol de Scholes, gol de Schooooooooooooooooooles.

·
Stuck in reverse
4,145 Posts
Have you heard the one where has sang Ruby by Kaiser Chiefs to Rooney's goal?

Rooney Rooney Rooney Rooneeey! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts