Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember those crazy chaps at myfootballclub.co.uk, who were going to band together for 35 quid each to buy an English football club? It looks like they're about to pull it off, as they're in due diligence for the purchase of an as yet unnamed club, as their site explains:

Over 53,000 signed up to phase one. A unique Trust with online voting has been registered with the FSA. The forum has amassed 80,000 posts. Over £700,000 has been collected from members in 70 countries. Nine football clubs have come forward, and we've sounded out several others.After many meetings and much travel, we have finally narrowed it down to one. We believe that this football club offers MyFootballClub members the best chance of success.

We've agreed terms in principle for the purchase of the football club, and the due diligence process has started. We are doing all we can to ensure an agreement is signed ahead of the January transfer window. And all the indications are that this process will move quickly.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andycole9 said:
i might try that and buy myself a new gaff
:eek: You want to live at Leedscum United ?? :eek:

Thats who i reckon it might be, been reading a few forums and the Myfootballclub pages and at the moment they are prime candidates.

On second thoughts, yeah lets all buy into this scheme...........Reds can get together, manage thier club and we can send them even further down. lol.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Better yet let's all get together and buy Liverpool F.C.

Step-

1. Terminate Gerards contract with immediate effect...
2. Ban the fans from watching matches at Anfield...
3. Get them relegated.....lol...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MyFC to become first club to be run by fans via the net
By Nick Harris
Published: 13 November 2007

A new age of football club ownership will dawn today with the announcement that MyFootballClub, a disparate internet-based collective of fans from more than 70 countries, has agreed in principle to buy a professional English club.

In a groundbreaking move that will redefine the parameters of supporter involvement, MyFC's members – few or none of whom have an existing affiliation to the club – will vote on every key decision in its day-to-day running , from picking the team to selecting transfer targets and sanctioning moves.

The name of the club will be confirmed at www.myfootballclub.co.uk at midday. The Independent can reveal it plays in the Blue Square Premier (the tier immediately below League Two) and has hopes of promotion to the Football League for the first time. The most contentious aspect of the takeover – due to be completed within weeks – is that MyFC members will pick the team.

But it is understood that the club's manager – who will officially become "head coach" to signify his changing role – is in favour of the buyout. He will advise MyFC members of his views but ultimately will be obliged to field whatever team the MyFC members select. No professional club in the world has ever been run on such a basis, and the project is sure to attract some criticism.

However, the club's existing Supporters' Trust, which was informed of the takeover on Sunday, is also in favour of the move, which will instantly enrich the club by hundreds of thousands of pounds and dramatically boost its fan base. MyFC, the brainchild of a former football journalist, Will Brooks, was launched in April. It already has around 20,000 members who have paid a £35 annual fee to join, giving it a kitty of more than £700,000 – and growing – to take a controlling stake in the club and invest heavily in players.

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article3155121.ece

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's Ebbsfleet United - currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier.

How do I know?

I'm one of the new owners :D

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
reddwarf said:
It's Ebbsfleet United - currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier.

How do I know?

I'm one of the new owners :D
Nice.......

Now you can tell everyone you have same job as Abramobitch, lol.....

Ebbsfleet is probably more financially solid than Leeds too, lmao :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Woking v Ebbsfleet United will be shown live on Setanta Sports on Thurs 29th November.

Can't wait to see the lads in action!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
reddwarf said:
Woking v Ebbsfleet United will be shown live on Setanta Sports on Thurs 29th November.

Can't wait to see the lads in action!
What do you mean "the lads" ?

Surely you mean "MY lads", lol.....

You own them now Mr......

They are your bitches :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The news isn't going down well on any football forum i've been on so far.
Even on the MyFC forum theres people saying things like " i want out", "I'm not paying into that ", I'm pulling out " etc.

And .......

Statement from the Fleet Trust

The Fleet Trust wish to respond to the press reports this morning about
the imminent takeover of Ebbsfleet United Football Club by the
'myfootballclub.co.uk' consortium, to ensure there is no
misunderstanding as to the position of the Trust in respect of the deal.

We were informed of this deal less than 48 hours ago by the current
owners and have not yet met with any person representing
'myfootballclub.co.uk'.

We have not seen any business plan from my 'myfootballclub.co.uk'
outlining their plans for the club.

Until we have met as a board, we will not be issuing any further
comment.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Admittedly, there has been a mixed response Salford Red.

The forums I've been on have had some people excited by the news, interested in finding out more and discussing the positives and negatives of the potential takeover.

Other people have expressed their disappointment at the club chosen (the website initially wanted a club capable of reaching the Premier League but this was based on all 50000 people who registered interest paying £35 when in fact only 20000 have done so) and some have dismissed the idea as ludicrous.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reddwarf said:
Admittedly, there has been a mixed response Salford Red.

The forums I've been on have had some people excited by the news, interested in finding out more and discussing the positives and negatives of the potential takeover.

Other people have expressed their disappointment at the club chosen (the website initially wanted a club capable of reaching the Premier League but this was based on all 50000 people who registered interest paying £35 when in fact only 20000 have done so) and some have dismissed the idea as ludicrous.
Just cannot see it working mate. Good idea in theory but just not practical.

Sullivan of Birmigham City is talking sense for once.

Website agrees Ebbsfleet takeover

Birmingham co-owner David Sullivan has voiced reservations over the long-term viability of the MyFootballClub website's takeover of Ebbsfleet United.

Sullivan has had 14 years of boardroom experience in running Birmingham.

He told BBC Sport: "My heart says it's marvellous that fans can own a club and vote on any decision of consequence, but in reality it won't work.

"At a lower level it possibly might work but in the Premier League or the Football League it would struggle."

On Tuesday, MyFootballClub confirmed it had agreed a deal to take control of Blue Square Premier outfit Ebbsfleet.

The website will buy a 51% controlling stake and has the option to purchase the club outright in the future.

The website's members will have the right to vote on all major decisions affecting the club, including having a say on team selection.

"I look forward to the experiment but I think it will be an utter disaster, although I could be very wrong," said Sullivan, who spoke to BBC Sport before the takeover announcement was made.

Sullivan predicted the website could face insurmountable hurdles if fans were involved in player transfers.

"If a player is in demand you need an instant decision, you can't go on the internet for six or 12 hours and let people vote," added Sullivan.

"Virtually every transfer deal has to be done at tremendous speed because other clubs are going to be interested.

"We have jumped in at transfer deadlines, buying players that were going elsewhere. We have got hold of players that were en route to one club and brought them to Birmingham.

"Middlesbrough beat us to signing a player in Turkey this summer.

"A few years ago Craig Bellamy was coming to us and Celtic jumped in and got him and derailed the transfer."

MyFootballClub members will vote on team selection but Sullivan also questioned how the club's manager would react to the fans' input over who he could pick and play.

"A manager ceases to be a manager if he can't pick the team," said Sullivan.

"If the fans vote on who plays in each position the manager might as well just be the trainer. If you don't pick the players, you're not the manager.

"I think a manager would find it frustrating if the fans made a couple of changes and the team lost."
From his experience at Birmingham, Sullivan believes the majority of fans are intelligent but that they do not always understand the realities of running a football club.

"When you buy a player you consider the transfer fee, the agent's fee, and their wages," he continued.

"But those details are confidential and unless fans have that information you can't make a rational decision. There's an issue of transparency.

"We had a spell last season where the fans wanted to sack Steve Bruce and they put up suggestions of managers who I knew wouldn't come to us.

"The fans would change managers every three months. It would be like Spain, where they go through four a season."

Sullivan praised the website's promotion of democracy but had one final piece of advice for the club's new owners.

"I hope all the members come to the matches," he said. "It is a bit off if they join on the web and vote and don't come to the matches but are still picking the team.

"The only people who should be able to pick the team are those that attend the matches."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/7081468.stm

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From the Ebbsfleet forum, honest..you could just not make it up !!.:eek:

Quote:
mesage to ebfleets fans - you are in gud hands!!

hello to you all from myfootballclub.

i am one of the new owners of ebsfleets fc and I ask you fans not to worry a bit about the clubs future. to back myself up, i have personly played championship manager 2003/04 for the last 4 years and i have taken barnet to the champioship by 2009/10 season, so i am experienced in what is required to ran a football club at this level.

i, myself have won manger of the year award at my local under 13 team last season.

i hope to personly enjoy a good tenure at this club and sign some beter players for you in order to gain league status by sometime in the next 6/7 years.

so the current players will be given time before we dable in the transfer markets and sign a new team in order to make it up the league and probably the premiership in the next 7/8 years.

with regard to signings, roberto carlos is out of out reach and not relistic so please do not suggets this. but I did sign tony yeboah in championship manager 2003/04 before firing my physio due to wages problems.

the team should get lot of new fans at your ground to join you the real fans, so this should pleese you. i carnt go to be there as i have to be at lerning placed and tits a longg ways to go frum on satdays.

liam daish will be given a chance to run the teem, but our desisins are final in runing the club.

all in all, i really do reassure you that everything will be ok, and i hope you trust in us to pull you out of this league and ibo the premiership by 2010 or maybe before this.

jarrad (new joint owner of ebsfleet 2007-)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
You are joking yes Sal, lol.......

This guy says 6/7 years to get to the League - then he says Prem League by 2010 ????

WTF >>> ???

I think this guy is taking bloody piss !!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
carlyluvsunited said:
You are joking yes Sal, lol.......

This guy says 6/7 years to get to the League - then he says Prem League by 2010 ????

WTF >>> ???

I think this guy is taking bloody piss !!!
No, not joking. :eek: Only ones joking are the idiots that have bought into the stupid idea of MyFC.
That is real quote from the Ebbsfleet forum ( i'm crap at quoting/copy/paste stuff ).
Theres even more of the same sort of thing, but thought that summed up the sort of person who will be " running" Ebbsfleet FC.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
No, not joking. :eek: Only ones joking are the idiots that have bought into the stupid idea of MyFC.
That is real quote from the Ebbsfleet forum ( i'm crap at quoting/copy/paste stuff ).
Theres even more of the same sort of thing, but thought that summed up the sort of person who will be " running" Ebbsfleet FC.

That is so funny to see though, lol....

This man he only pays 35 pounds now he is saying all this crap, lmao......

Oh shit too funny :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
"At a lower level it possibly might work but in the Premier League or the Football League it would struggle."
Yep, speaks a lot of sense that guy ;)

SALFORD RED said:
From the Ebbsfleet forum, honest..you could just not make it up !!.:eek:

Quote:
mesage to ebfleets fans - you are in gud hands!!

hello to you all from myfootballclub.

i am one of the new owners of ebsfleets fc and I ask you fans not to worry a bit about the clubs future. to back myself up, i have personly played championship manager 2003/04 for the last 4 years and i have taken barnet to the champioship by 2009/10 season, so i am experienced in what is required to ran a football club at this level.

i, myself have won manger of the year award at my local under 13 team last season.

i hope to personly enjoy a good tenure at this club and sign some beter players for you in order to gain league status by sometime in the next 6/7 years.

so the current players will be given time before we dable in the transfer markets and sign a new team in order to make it up the league and probably the premiership in the next 7/8 years.

with regard to signings, roberto carlos is out of out reach and not relistic so please do not suggets this. but I did sign tony yeboah in championship manager 2003/04 before firing my physio due to wages problems.

the team should get lot of new fans at your ground to join you the real fans, so this should pleese you. i carnt go to be there as i have to be at lerning placed and tits a longg ways to go frum on satdays.

liam daish will be given a chance to run the teem, but our desisins are final in runing the club.

all in all, i really do reassure you that everything will be ok, and i hope you trust in us to pull you out of this league and ibo the premiership by 2010 or maybe before this.

jarrad (new joint owner of ebsfleet 2007-)

I've already seen that on the MyFC forum where someone copy and pasted that and then everyone started ripping into him for being an idiot.

The Ebbsfleet website crashed yesterday due to the volume of traffic trying to get onto the website - you're bound to get a few idiots.

I would like to think that I am not an idiot :p and will take my role very seriously. I plan to watch all of the streams of the matches, training sessions and press conferences so that I can make informed decisions when I cast my vote.

I've been having a lot of debates with various people on various forums about this and I just want to clear up how the club will be run.

It isn't going to be a case of mob rule, there isn't going to be 20000 different opinions on how to run the club, we will not be making decisions during matches and there isn't going to be a change in the coaching team (even the board directors will be staying on).

The coaching staff and the board will be presenting options to us and we will vote.

For example:

1. We think we should sign Player A. He will cost £x and we think we should sign him because...

Should we sign him? Vote yes or no.

2. We think we should play 4-4-2 in the next game but the players would be happy to play 4-3-3.

Should we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3? Vote now.

3. I recommend right-back A over right-back B for this game because...

Should we play A or B? Vote now.

Each vote will have a deadline so any people who do not vote miss their chance - we do not have to wait for all 20000 to cast their vote.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does this actually come under the heading of 'fan owned' as none of them can seriously be considered fans when they put their cash in before knowing which club it was to be?

I can see this being total chaos....who shall I vote this week? he looks a nice boy... tick. Who shall we buy or sell next week ? You will have 20000 opinions & most of which will be ridiculous.

20,000 sat behind a keyboard voting on team selection, formation etc They're spread all over the UK and all over the world, 73 different countries, so the vast majority will never see them play either in the flesh, webcast or even on TV. So how can they be relied on to vote on something they'll know nothing about.

There's also a lot of questions being asked about finances as well at the moment.
For example ; - On the MyFC website it states " PURCHASE FUND:
£ 1,375,000 ", this was 3 months ago.
Yesterday i recieved an email asking if i wished to join and it states " PURCHASE FUND: £700,000". dated 13/11/2007.

People really do need to be looking into things a little more carefully .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts