Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Plebbsfleet United Football Club....who.....??????

carlyluvsunited said:
You are joking yes Sal, lol.......

This guy says 6/7 years to get to the League - then he says Prem League by 2010 ????

WTF >>> ???

I think this guy is taking bloody piss !!!

too much 'Football Manager'...carly....lmao....

andycole9 said:
any chance of a trial redwarf?

lmao.....mate..seriously..I think you should aim a bit higher......:D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Does this actually come under the heading of 'fan owned' as none of them can seriously be considered fans when they put their cash in before knowing which club it was to be?

I can see this being total chaos....who shall I vote this week? he looks a nice boy... tick. Who shall we buy or sell next week ? You will have 20000 opinions & most of which will be ridiculous.

20,000 sat behind a keyboard voting on team selection, formation etc They're spread all over the UK and all over the world, 73 different countries, so the vast majority will never see them play either in the flesh, webcast or even on TV. So how can they be relied on to vote on something they'll know nothing about.

There's also a lot of questions being asked about finances as well at the moment.
For example ; - On the MyFC website it states " PURCHASE FUND:
£ 1,375,000 ", this was 3 months ago.
Yesterday i recieved an email asking if i wished to join and it states " PURCHASE FUND: £700,000". dated 13/11/2007.

People really do need to be looking into things a little more carefully .
There will not be 20000 different opinions because we will be limited by the options the head coach and the board give us.

We will receive match and player reports and recommendations from the head coach on who to pick. We will be given option A and B and have to vote between them.

If people have decided to pay £35 and then not bother to watch the web casts, read the match reports and get involved then more fool them - they have wasted their money and totally missed the point of the whole project.

In terms of the purchase fund the £1.375m was based on all of the people who had registered an interest (over 50000) paying their £35. Do the maths. Of the £35 paid, £27.50 goes into the purchase fund. 50000 x £27.50 = £1.375m. We don't have 50000 fully paid members - this has been widely publicised in the media.

Ebbsfleet United are currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier, 4 places from the playoffs and a potential place in the Football League. They have potential - I am excited about this venture and keen to get involved.

I understand that you clearly think this is a bad idea and perhaps it is but how do we know until we try?

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I think it's really good idea :)

In fact for £35 it's worth paying this just to see what happens.....

So I will.........

As for the way they say they will run it.....

Well who knows.........nobody ever tries this before so no one knows....

Well worth a £35 gamble I say :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
reddwarf said:
There will not be 20000 different opinions because we will be limited by the options the head coach and the board give us.

We will receive match and player reports and recommendations from the head coach on who to pick. We will be given option A and B and have to vote between them.

If people have decided to pay £35 and then not bother to watch the web casts, read the match reports and get involved then more fool them - they have wasted their money and totally missed the point of the whole project.

In terms of the purchase fund the £1.375m was based on all of the people who had registered an interest (over 50000) paying their £35. Do the maths. Of the £35 paid, £27.50 goes into the purchase fund. 50000 x £27.50 = £1.375m. We don't have 50000 fully paid members - this has been widely publicised in the media.

Ebbsfleet United are currently 9th in the Blue Square Premier, 4 places from the playoffs and a potential place in the Football League. They have potential - I am excited about this venture and keen to get involved.

I understand that you clearly think this is a bad idea and perhaps it is but how do we know until we try?
First of all ...There WILL be 20,000 people voting and each one will have an opinion = 20,000 opinions.

Regarding the Purchase Fund, £1.375m is the figure stated on the MyFC web pages ( and is still there right now ). NOT figures bandied around by the media.
It does NOT say " possible" Purchase Fund, it says quite clearly for all to read, Purchase Fund = £1.375m, when in fact the real Purchase Fund is £700,00, so that is in fact total rubbish and lying to anyone who visits the site.

And if anyone thinks that 20,000 people sitting behind keyboards deciding on important dealings of a football club is the way to run a football club all i can say is I feel sorry for the future of football.

Carly could i just ask...if this was Manchester United would you be happy that thousands of people would be deciding all the things regarding United, people who will never go to the match, people who have no clue about the history of the club, people who have never even heard of Manchester United untill today, people who still have no idea where Manchester is in the country, people who just want to play football manager with a real life club, would you still think it is a good idea ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Look Salford Red, I wasn't defending MyFC - they have and still are making mistakes. There are people who have paid their £35 and seem to have no idea what rights that gives them or what they have bought into.

I am visiting the MyFC site daily so I know the wrong figure is still up there - as is the claim that they will be buying a League club. They haven't updated the website yet. I was just explaining why it's the wrong figure - and I meant the figure of 20000 paid members had been widely publicised in the media, nothing more.

We're not saying this is the way to run a football club - we are just a group of people who wanted to give it a try to see how it pans out. It could be a success, it could be a failure or it could be somewhere in between but we will not find out until we try.

In all honesty I would be horrified if this happened at United. I would be extremely sceptical, worried about the clubs future and would expect a fans revolt. I understand many of the Ebbsfleet fans concerns - but that is why I am taking my role in this very seriously and WILL watch the match streams, attend games when I can, read all the info the head coach and board give us etc so that I can make informed decisions when I vote.

You think it's a bad idea and I am not going to try and change your opinion, simply because I don't know that this is a good idea. But it'll be interesting finding out...

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Nobody knows if it is a good idea....

It's never been tried before so anyone who claims it's a bad idea is making it up !

I've paid my money anyway !

I read about Gravesend (as they used to be called).....

And to be honest they have had a very boring existence for 100 years and achieved nothing at all !!

So the help of a million pounds and probably more for a club at their level is going to make quite a big difference I would think.

Offer a million pounds to the teams above and below them right now and they would be quite happy I'm sure !!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts