Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky News has reported that Michael Carrick has broken a bone in his foot and will be out for up to 6 weeks .
Poor guy hasn't had much luck with injuries . Thank God we are fairly ok for cover in midfield .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Carrick breaks bone in foot

United schemer out for up to six weeks​

Michael Carrick has been sidelined for the next four to six weeks after hobbling out of Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Liverpool with a broken bone in his foot.

The Manchester United midfielder missed training on Tuesday ahead of the club's UEFA Champions League opener against Villarreal the following evening, prompting speculation he had picked up a serious injury.

Those suspicions have now been confirmed as United brace themselves to be without the talented schemer for up to six weeks.

Carrick will miss Wednesday's game with Villarreal and is now a major doubt for forthcoming European clashes with Aalborg and Celtic.

In Carrick's absence, when coupled with Paul Scholes' suspension, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will likely pair Owen Hargreaves with Anderson against Villarreal, although Darren Fletcher will also come into contention.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4154042,00.html

Z

·
0 Posts
I was amazed he wasn't substituted much earlier. It looked like he was struggling for a good 20 minutes or so before half
time finally came and it could possible have worsened in that time. I hope he recovers soon though, he's one of my
favourite players when he's fit, his passing is amazing and he'll be a big loss to the team.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
now thats crap :(

we lost one of our best midfielders

Hargreaves and Anderson have some hard time in the next few weeks

but if Scholes gets back his good form i think this will decrease the loss of Carrick

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
damnntt now we're losing alot of players ... all injured before the big games on wed and sat... i cannot imagine we could be defending all the titles we've got last year if we're still like this

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Blade said:
I was amazed he wasn't substituted much earlier. It looked like he was struggling for a good 20 minutes or so before half
time finally came and it could possible have worsened in that time. I hope he recovers soon though, he's one of my
favourite players when he's fit, his passing is amazing and he'll be a big loss to the team.
agree with you

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Blade said:

thats exactly what i wrote on sunday in a post ,it was a dreadful decision by the utd staff ,i listened to the game on the radio and the commentators were also amazed that carrick hobbled around for about 20 minutes until half time when clearly in pain.:eek:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I have finally figured it out:

Abramobitch has a voodoo doctor hidden away at the Bridge who spends all his days sticking pins in dolls dressed up as United players.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Red Devil said:
I have finally figured it out:

Abramobitch has a voodoo doctor hidden away at the Bridge who spends all his days sticking pins in dolls dressed up as United players.

..... man that might not be far from the truth. Some of the players have had dreadful luck with their injuries.

Carrick was professional and brave to go in for that tackle, but I wish he hadn't.
In the larger context of things he could have backed out of the challenge or avoided it altogether. It might have looked bad or signalled weakness to the Liverpool players, but at least he could have carried on playing....

I know how it sounds and actually Carrick showed how committed he is to the UNited cause, but he's not much use to the cause now is he...... *sigh*

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its a shame but its part and parcel of football. At least we have the likes of
park, Hargo, Manucho getting fit and some lad called Ronaldo???
He's not too bad I hear.
But Carrick will be a big loss. He looks like he will be a more effective player
in the middle then Scholes, Anderson and Fletch this season so we need to get
him back soon. We can cope but its certainly not ideal at this tough, crucial early
part of the season.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
terrible blow to the team, im just hoping hargreaves has no reaction to his tendonitis .we really need him now carrick is out.
i reckon we will be ok , its not exactly the best news after the week weve had.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz 16 said:
Its a shame but its part and parcel of football. At least we have the likes of
park, Hargo, Manucho getting fit and some lad called Ronaldo???
He's not too bad I hear.
But Carrick will be a big loss. He looks like he will be a more effective player
in the middle then Scholes, Anderson and Fletch this season so we need to get
him back soon. We can cope but its certainly not ideal at this tough, crucial early
part of the season.
I watched sky sports news yesterday and they did a piece from our training ground . They were there mainly to talk about Ronaldos return but the subject went onto Manucho .
The camera then switched onto him as he was training and my god is he a big lad . I cant wait till we can unleash him onto the rest of the league . At 6'2 hes the same height as Ronaldo ( and myself ,sorry couldn't resist ) but he's much bigger in build ( again like myself lol ).
So bring him on, he looks a quite exciting prospect .

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
dublin red said:
I watched sky sports news yesterday and they did a piece from our training ground . They were there mainly to talk about Ronaldos return but the subject went onto Manucho .
The camera then switched onto him as he was training and my god is he a big lad . I cant wait till we can unleash him onto the rest of the league . At 6'2 hes the same height as Ronaldo ( and myself ,sorry couldn't resist ) but he's much bigger in build ( again like myself lol ).
So bring him on, he looks a quite exciting prospect .
i have seen the clip as well and you are right he looks powerful , i watched him in the african cup of nations and he looked pretty good , he is the sort of player who would thrive with two wingers.
when all fully fit ,what and awesome array of talent up front with berbatov tevez rooney manucho ronaldo and nani

1 - 20 of 29 Posts