Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know if he is ready to start pre season training?
He isnt carrying any knocks I hope.

Either way, it's going to be strange having him play for us but we wish him all the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As the day has worn on, the more I am coming around to the idea. He is happy to take a wage cut which is a very good thing.

Baring he stays fit, he will scores lots goals. No doubt. His goals to games ratio is amazing for all clubs and country. Even for Madrid over half his games were as sub but he still scored plenty of goals for them including in the El Grand Classico.

Im excited

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
He's the sexiest striker we've had in sometime.

You know, Wazza, Berbatov, Carlito:p

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He'll be used as a sub when we're 1 down or drawing level in must win game. Looking at his scoring record and is great, I'm gonna trust Fergie..... lets be fair it's hard to keep 3 world class strikers happy as you seen with Tevez, but Owen could be a sneaky and great addition to the squad..... he's a proven scorer and lets hope he stays fit and plays many games for us.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Anyone know if he is ready to start pre season training?
He isnt carrying any knocks I hope.

Either way, it's going to be strange having him play for us but we wish him all the best.
nope, no knocks, or else it would be reported for sure.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Nani and Berbatov will be happy. We've got a new scapegoat.

He'll be used mainly from the bench, but I'm sure is capable of starting games when Berba and Rooney are out form, injured or suspended.

Good signing, but I, along with the majoity, hope it's not our last!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I can see him being our third choice striker , playing in a kind of supersub role filing in for berba and rooney when they get injured .

·
Registered
70 Posts
how did he pass the medical !!!!:eek:

will be good if he stays fit. I really thought he would end up back with Rafa "no money to spend" Benitez.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Awful signing.

Anyone who's watched him consistently (and isn't a biased fool) over the last two years will tell you that even when fit (Rarity) he's not what he was.

Z

·
0 Posts
VDS

Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Park/Nani

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney​

That's not too shabby, but there's still room for improvement and I hope Fergie still has one or two targets in mind.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Awful signing.

Anyone who's watched him consistently (and isn't a biased fool) over the last two years will tell you that even when fit (Rarity) he's not what he was.
This could bring the best out of him, it's worth a try. If he regains his scoring boots we've just snapped up one hell of a finisher.

1 - 20 of 1175 Posts