21 - 40 of 1175 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
VDS

Brown - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Park/Nani

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney​

That's not too shabby, but there's still room for improvement and I hope Fergie still has one or two targets in mind.
Anderson and Carrick doesn't work in midfield from what I've seen, though to be fair I don't think we've seen it too much. I'd put Fletcher ahead of Anderson personally.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Awful signing.

Anyone who's watched him consistently (and isn't a biased fool) over the last two years will tell you that even when fit (Rarity) he's not what he was.

You'd be surprised how little people have watched about Michael Owen over the last two years.

I can guarantee you that if we were talking about him three months ago, the same 'punters' who are saying he's an OK signing or even a good signing, would have been posting facepalm pictures.

I will support him. Yes I will, but I really would have preferred someone younger and more fit.
He's played more games than Saha last season, so is probably a bit more fit, but only maged two goals more.

Saha 16 games 8 goals
Owen 31 games 10 goals.

And yet I apparently have no idea about football, because I'm not an ex pro.
Probably he's on a much lower package than Saha, but still .....
.... you get the sense this isn't an ideal signing by anybody's means.

Defenders find it easy to mark him and track his runs. He usually misses out on good through balls b half a yard or so and as one of the best teams on the countr attack, will he be effective?

Michael - I support you to prove my doubts wrong, make me look silly for doubting Fergie and force me to eat humble pie. (though i haven't sad anything exaggeratedly wrong).

The Manc and versa - give me strength my brothers.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i hope we dont hear fergie is happy with his squad yet, owen may make a great super sub only time shall tell that.

he has a lot to play for with regards to his england selection so i hope he can handle the pressure and expectation of it also and hes also got many reds including my self to win over, so hopefully he still has the balls to be able to do that.

my hope is that fergie works with him on his game, while owen also passes his knowledge on some younger prospects with regards to welbeck and for me the more similar macheda.

i hope this is not our last signing of this window and for the love of god dont give him the number 7 shirt.

WELBECK FOR 7

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I aree, I hope that this definitely isn't Fergies last signing of the summer. I expect him to buy 2 or maybe 3 players before the end of the window. One will probably a youngster, one that we've been linked to such as Dodo or maybe Douglas Costa and the other I'd expect to be a name that we all know quite well. Maybe Tuncay :p ? Our odds on him at the moment are like 50/1 and they were for Owen a few days back Ha. Someone may of made a small fortune of this signing.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
in all fairness you have to love fergies style inviting him for breakfast.

anyone know any good links to mutv i wouldnt mind seeing him being unveiled etc?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Ill hold my hands up I slagged this transfer off yesterday....

BUT

After some deep thought I've come to realise this is quality.YES he has injuries,YES he's lost some pace BUT HE CAN SCORE !!! Maybe we need to stop the fancy shit which gets wasted in games,we need a poacher sometimes.Some may say Berba can poach,but he his too busy doing his twirly spinny do the defender trick so is not always in the right place.Owen knows his pace has gone,but the instinct is there so he WILL be in the right place at the right time.Also this REEEEAALLLLYYYY pisses the scouser off,an ex Kopite legend,stepping out at OT in the PROPER red shirt.This,on its own,is worth the deal on its own!!!!!

I think the training/medical facilities at OT are far superior to most clubs and I know if a player is injured,he is jnjured,but hopefully our regime can help deter any niggles.SAF has done it with Giggsy,knocking down the number of games,lighter training has helped prolounge his fabulous career.

Imagine RAWK if Owen bangs in the WINNER at ANFIELD,KOP END!!! It would be magic.

I for one are very much PRO Michael Owen!!

:cool::cool::cool:

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
You'd be surprised how little people have watched about Michael Owen over the last two years.

I can guarantee you that if we were talking about him three months ago, the same 'punters' who are saying he's an OK signing or even a good signing, would have been posting facepalm pictures.

I will support him. Yes I will, but I really would have preferred someone younger and more fit.
He's played more games than Saha last season, so is probably a bit more fit, but only maged two goals more.

Saha 16 games 8 goals
Owen 31 games 10 goals.

And yet I apparently have no idea about football, because I'm not an ex pro.
Probably he's on a much lower package than Saha, but still .....
.... you get the sense this isn't an ideal signing by anybody's means.

Defenders find it easy to mark him and track his runs. He usually misses out on good through balls b half a yard or so and as one of the best teams on the countr attack, will he be effective?

Michael - I support you to prove my doubts wrong, make me look silly for doubting Fergie and force me to eat humble pie. (though i haven't sad anything exaggeratedly wrong).

The Manc and versa - give me strength my brothers.

I agree with this 110%. I'd love Owen to prove me wrong, I just really don't think he will.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
VDS

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney​

That's not too shabby, but there's still room for improvement and I hope Fergie still has one or two targets in mind.
Am I the only on that would cry if that was the lineup in the opening game? That looks pretty bad IMO.

We need to make some more (and better) signings. The Owen transfer scares the Hell out of me because now it likely means we're don signing strikers. After losing Ronaldo and Tevez I fear there's going to be a serious amount of goals to be made up and I don't see Owen/Valencia being the key to that. Valencia at this point in his career is a nice little player but don't underestimate just how much of a downgrade he is from a Cristiano Ronaldo.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Lol @ This comment from RAWK

you know what makes angry not that the move happened because i expected it. its his 'without a moments thought comment' - **** you you little c*nt

hahahah good to see Owen doesnt give a **** already!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think owen is a decent signing....as he was free....he might be good if he stays fit long enough...!
the formation

Owen/Berbatov - Rooney
doesnt look that good but with 2 quality buys in the left wing and a right back i think we would have a team to win the 4th in a row

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I can see clearly a game where we play Berbatov and Owen upfront, play crap with no threat in behind. Losing 1-0 with 20 minutes to go. On comes Rooney but we still can't find a goal.

I'm being serious aswell. Rooney - Owen is an ok partnership. Berbatov - Owen will just be awful.

Owen will play as a free roaming striker, hoping to get some scraps. He hasn't got the pace to play on the shoulder while his build up play is also poor, meaning he won't play in the hole.

Looks like yet another season with Rooney playing in his wrong position then.

Anyway, good luck to Owen. I hope he shuts me up.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
For an Anderson fan, you don't have much patience.
I'm not much of an Anderson fan anymore. I was towards the end of last season but he really dissapointed. Haven't given up on him but he has a lot to prove.

Also, I don't see how this isn't having patience. I don't rate Owen as a player, simple as that.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I can see clearly a game where we play Berbatov and Owen upfront, play crap with no threat in behind. Losing 1-0 with 20 minutes to go. On comes Rooney but we still can't find a goal.

I'm being serious aswell. Rooney - Owen is an ok partnership. Berbatov - Owen will just be awful.

Owen will play as a free roaming striker, hoping to get some scraps. He hasn't got the pace to play on the shoulder while his build up play is also poor, meaning he won't play in the hole.

Looks like yet another season with Rooney playing in his wrong position then.

Anyway, good luck to Owen. I hope he shuts me up.

Me too:rolleyes:
Just kidding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Am I the only on that would cry if that was the lineup in the opening game? That looks pretty bad IMO.

We need to make some more (and better) signings. The Owen transfer scares the Hell out of me because now it likely means we're don signing strikers. After losing Ronaldo and Tevez I fear there's going to be a serious amount of goals to be made up and I don't see Owen/Valencia being the key to that. Valencia at this point in his career is a nice little player but don't underestimate just how much of a downgrade he is from a Cristiano Ronaldo.
Listen we just have to rely/hope MO doesnt pick up injuries. I realise history does not suggest this. But with a strong pre season an a bit of luck he will steer clear. If this is the case, he is guarenteed to score goals, I am sure of that. I dont think we need more strikers now.

A strong imposing midfielder would be next on my shopping list, shame we didnt get Wilson Palacios before Spurs. (maybe we still can)

For all still craving likes of De Rossi,and Ribery et al. Just forget it, it aint going to happen.

With Valencia and Owen so far Fergie has gone for proven PL players. And this is generally what he does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont see Owen as a gamble, On a free transfer no one should really be complaining. I see him as more of a replacement for solskjaer than tevez. Think we still need a right back, (i.e) Sergio Ramos and a player with a bit of pace and skill in his game and plays on the left wing.

Edwin
Ramos Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Anderson Silva
Owen Rooney
Subs, Foster, Brown, Oshea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov. Thats my ideal squad for next season if Fergie gets the wallet out!

Fletcher for number 7!

21 - 40 of 1175 Posts