Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 1175 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I dont see Owen as a gamble, On a free transfer no one should really be complaining. I see him as more of a replacement for solskjaer than tevez. Think we still need a right back, (i.e) Sergio Ramos and a player with a bit of pace and skill in his game and plays on the left wing.

Edwin
Ramos Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Anderson Silva
Owen Rooney
Subs, Foster, Brown, Oshea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov. Thats my ideal squad for next season if Fergie gets the wallet out!

Fletcher for number 7!
That.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont see Owen as a gamble, On a free transfer no one should really be complaining. I see him as more of a replacement for solskjaer than tevez. Think we still need a right back, (i.e) Sergio Ramos and a player with a bit of pace and skill in his game and plays on the left wing.

Edwin
Ramos Rio Vidic Evra
Owen Rooney
Subs, Foster, Brown, Oshea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov. Thats my ideal squad for next season if Fergie gets the wallet out!

Fletcher for number 7!

Sergio Ramos? Do you honestly think this will happen. Completely unrealistic. Why are you wasting your time?

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Listen we just have to rely/hope MO doesnt pick up injuries. I realise history does not suggest this. But with a strong pre season an a bit of luck he will steer clear. If this is the case, he is guarenteed to score goals, I am sure of that. I dont think we need more strikers now.

A strong imposing midfielder would be next on my shopping list, shame we didnt get Wilson Palacios before Spurs. (maybe we still can)

For all still craving likes of De Rossi,and Ribery et al. Just forget it, it aint going to happen.

With Valencia and Owen so far Fergie has gone for proven PL players. And this is generally what he does.
I really don't know man.

He was healthy at times for Newcastle but just wasn't any good. That burst, the finishing, the great positioning - He just doesn't seem to be the player he once was, injuries may have taken their toll on him.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
And people were doubting Fergie. The man's a genius without a doubt.

We needed a clinical signing and guess what we get one of the best around for free.

Owen scored 30 goals in 79 games for Newcastle. That type of record is stil incredible. We'll be able to look after him better than the Geordies did. We won't need to rush him into action.

Then there is the service and passes Carrick, Berba, Rooney can play to him. Better quality ball means more chances to score. Michael Owen being as clinical as he is will score.

I for one am very excited about this deal.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts

Edwin
Ramos Rio Vidic Evra
Owen Rooney

Fletcher for number 7!

Don't agree on the RB. It's the least of our worries.

Madrid would never sell Ramos and we already have Brown, Rafael, Neville, Simpson and O'Shea to cover the RB spot.

You're right about the left wing though, because niether Tosic, Nani nor Park are ideal.
Nani has a lot of potential but is yet unfulfilled.

I wouldn't mind Silva, Young or Robben.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
And people were doubting Fergie. The man's a genius without a doubt.

We needed a clinical signing and guess what we get one of the best around for free.

Owen scored 30 goals in 79 games for Newcastle. That type of record is stil incredible. We'll be able to look after him better than the Geordies did. We won't need to rush him into action.

Then there is the service and passes Carrick, Berba, Rooney can play to him. Better quality ball means more chances to score. Michael Owen being as clinical as he is will score.

I for one am very excited about this deal.

He scored 10 in 31 last year, Saha scored 8 in 16......

Yes, he's a bit fitter than Saha, but Saha almost managed the same amount of goals with half the appearances.

As I've said before, I will hope Owen proves me wrong, but I really think this was an opportunistic signing and not one Fergie had really put high on his wish list.

How is Owen going to contribute on the counter attack?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
******* hell Manc,your a right whinge bag these last few days,go and get laid or have a wank man,jesus!!!! IM THE MOODY ONE :fyou::fyou::D
Give me somthing to be happy about.

We got embarrased in the CL final.
Lost the best player in the world.
Lost our most popular player.
Every top player seems to be rejecting us.
We've got a ***** kit.
Signing a crap, past it player.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Yes, he's a bit fitter than Saha, but Saha almost managed the same amount of goals with half the appearances.

As I've said before, I will hope Owen proves me wrong, but I really think this was an opportunistic signing and not one Fergie had really put high on his wish list.

Easily, he rarely leaves the opponents box, so he will be there to tap it in. Sweet!!!!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts

He won't contribute anything to our side other than a couple of tap-ins.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
You need to watch more games rather than just judge only by stats.
Are you really that ******* stupid? I made a post if you could open your eyes and read then you would see why. Moron.

Do you not like clinical strikers for free which was our complaint last season?

Some cretin telling me to watch games. Well I never.

41 - 60 of 1175 Posts