Manchester United Talk banner

Michael Owen Thread

Michael Owen 
70K views 1K replies 213 participants last post by  .Greenie 
#1 ·
See less See more
#52 ·
I dont see Owen as a gamble, On a free transfer no one should really be complaining. I see him as more of a replacement for solskjaer than tevez. Think we still need a right back, (i.e) Sergio Ramos and a player with a bit of pace and skill in his game and plays on the left wing.

Edwin
Ramos Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Carrick Anderson Silva
Owen Rooney
Subs, Foster, Brown, Oshea, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov. Thats my ideal squad for next season if Fergie gets the wallet out!

Fletcher for number 7!

Don't agree on the RB. It's the least of our worries.

Madrid would never sell Ramos and we already have Brown, Rafael, Neville, Simpson and O'Shea to cover the RB spot.

You're right about the left wing though, because niether Tosic, Nani nor Park are ideal.
Nani has a lot of potential but is yet unfulfilled.

I wouldn't mind Silva, Young or Robben.

#55 ·
And people were doubting Fergie. The man's a genius without a doubt.

We needed a clinical signing and guess what we get one of the best around for free.

Owen scored 30 goals in 79 games for Newcastle. That type of record is stil incredible. We'll be able to look after him better than the Geordies did. We won't need to rush him into action.

Then there is the service and passes Carrick, Berba, Rooney can play to him. Better quality ball means more chances to score. Michael Owen being as clinical as he is will score.

I for one am very excited about this deal.

He scored 10 in 31 last year, Saha scored 8 in 16......

Yes, he's a bit fitter than Saha, but Saha almost managed the same amount of goals with half the appearances.

As I've said before, I will hope Owen proves me wrong, but I really think this was an opportunistic signing and not one Fergie had really put high on his wish list.

How is Owen going to contribute on the counter attack?

#57 ·
******* hell Manc,your a right whinge bag these last few days,go and get laid or have a wank man,jesus!!!! IM THE MOODY ONE :fyou::fyou::D
Give me somthing to be happy about.

We got embarrased in the CL final.
Lost the best player in the world.
Lost our most popular player.
Every top player seems to be rejecting us.
We've got a ***** kit.
Signing a crap, past it player.

#58 ·

Yes, he's a bit fitter than Saha, but Saha almost managed the same amount of goals with half the appearances.

As I've said before, I will hope Owen proves me wrong, but I really think this was an opportunistic signing and not one Fergie had really put high on his wish list.

Easily, he rarely leaves the opponents box, so he will be there to tap it in. Sweet!!!!

#59 ·

He won't contribute anything to our side other than a couple of tap-ins.

#61 ·

We've got a ***** kit.
Is this a wind up post?Please tell me it is.

If not you are a spoilt shit bag. We have just won 3 consecutive titles (now sharing Pools Perch) a cl and been to a cl final, + 1 X League Cup + 1 X World Club Championship.

Go support City you blow in

#63 ·

We've got a ***** kit.
Try supporting Madrid soo.

Rooneys our most popular player btw.

Our best player didn't want to stay either. Want us to imprision him and force him to play?

#66 ·
Try supporting Madrid soo.

Rooneys our most popular player btw.

Our best player didn't want to stay either. Want us to imprision him and force him to play?
Nope, but a decent replacement would be nice. Doesn't have to be a 40M star. a good player who can get 20 goals, while contributing in other areas too would be ideal.

I'd love to know how much these Owen supporters have actually seen of him in the last 2 years.

#68 ·
Are you really that ******* stupid? I made a post if you could open your eyes and read then you would see why. Moron.

Do you not like clinical strikers for free which was our complaint last season?

Some cretin telling me to watch games. Well I never.

What's the point of being a clinical finisher when you don't get in the positions to finish?

Everytime I've seen Michael Owen over the past two seasons (even against mediocre opposition), he's been half a yard off the pace, easily picked up and tracked and nearly always arrives too late.

nobody is doubting his finishing quality, but there are lots of question marks about his movement and positioning. He has not adapted his game now that he's not as quick as he used to be and I'm not exaggerating.

Hopefully SAF, Phelan and Meulensteen can help him in that area and Michael Owen can be a positive influence for our younger strikers, but I don't think he's an ideal signing or even a good signing.

#71 ·
Nope, but a decent replacement would be nice. Doesn't have to be a 40M star. a good player who can get 20 goals, while contributing in other areas too would be ideal.

I'd love to know how much these Owen supporters have actually seen of him in the last 2 years.
Its called having a bit of faith. No point in being down on MO before he has kicked a ball. To be honest most Newcastle games I saw he looked fairly anonamous. But still that goal scoring instinct never left him.

I actually though he was good for Madrid. I watched a lot of their games that season, and his scoring ratio was brill. Lots coming from the bench. So if he is to be used as super sub for us, so be it. He will score....

#73 ·
I think this could be another laurent blanc/henrik larsson revival moment,

He is still a class poacher though he has lost that pace which got him away from defenders in the past, I know defenders can mark him easily but hopefully rooney/berba and whoever else will give enough trouble to let him do what he does best and he should get a lot more chances than he ever got at st. shearers park:

It makes sense to have him on a pay as you play contract just in case he gets injured again, but I think he is going to surprise a lot of people when (if) he gets match-fit:

It must be so frustrating for fergie finding someone that you would like and they turn round and say "I want to play for real madrid", (benzema,ribery, etc) what do you do,but I am sure he won't let us down:

anyway won't it be brilliant when he scores the winner in front of the kop, (I have already had stick from the norfolk scousers) bring it on:rofl:

and fergie should get some good racing tips now as well

roll on next season and come on you reds:

#74 ·
Its called having a bit of faith. No point in being down on MO before he has kicked a ball. To be honest most Newcastle games I saw he looked fairly anonamous. But still that goal scoring instinct never left him.

I actually though he was good for Madrid. I watched a lot of their games that season, and his scoring ratio was brill. Lots coming from the bench. So if he is to be used as super sub for us, so be it. He will score....
I agree about the Madrid thing. He was excellent there. The fans loved him.

But at Newcastle he has had 2 or 3 really nasty injuries and is a shadow of the player that left Madrid.

Liek RFR said, its all well and good being a great finisher but if you aren't the position to shoot then you will struggle.

Newcastle also built the team around Owen, so he had a decent return of goals. Will we do the same? Doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.