Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is talk on Tyneside that Owen will be on the march south for around £2m. He has expressed a wish, apparently, to return to the North West and I do know Wigan, Everton & Citeh are sniffing around. I suggested to a friend of mine that Tranmere would be a good team to put a bid in; they would make their money back in attendances alone.

But, Fergie, not so long back, was sniffing too. Does anybody think he may offer Owen a chance to end his career at a "massive"club instead of Eastlands or wherever? He is on the verge of being recalled into the England squad, his injuries seem to be behind him. Do you think he would be worth a 2 year contract and would Fergie offer it?

Sky sports have been discussing the impending move, in detail, all state he would be a bloody good bargain for someone and they fancy David Moyes will make his move. With Owen, it says what it does on the tin!

We have a scoring problem, and we know what we would be buying in Owen?

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
He gets injured when to often if we were to sign he probably would be like an other Saha injured all them time. I Could see him returning to Liverpool.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not to Liverpool - Fowler tried it and died. He does not have the speed anymore, at least not ON the pitch ;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Micheal Owen --- have to admit is quality.
2mil price tag ---- thats peanuts for an English international.
Sign him, yes or no? ---- Snap him up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Owen is a natural goal scorer. If he is fit then he will score. And for 2 million, what more do you want?

·
Registered
566 Posts
bargain for 2 million. definitely worth it but it would also mean the end of the tevez deal. however, he will be more useful to us than tevez but is also only a short term solution to our poor finishing until we provide decent crosses for berba.

·
Registered
542 Posts
oh come on! we need prospects in the team, danny welbeck and fraizer campebell>>>>owen. all the ****ing day

not a quick cheap deal and try to get maby 5 goals out of him and retire him with a 2nd division team. thats bleak

if this was a 28 year old italien who use to be good and in a club like newcastle none of you would even take an interest

p.s we try to improve the team not decay it

·
23,699 Posts
It would be so weird to see him in United colours.

I still have lingering doubts about his susceptibility to injuries and his sharpness in the box. Besides, he must certainly be off his peak a long time ago.

I would much prefer we leave a precious slot to groom campbell or wellbeck, or even to wait upon Manucho for a while more.

Think I pass on that. :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Everton- no way never.
Tranmere- never agree to personal terms, he's not even an actual Scouser, he's from Chester right?
Wigan- too small of a club

I could see him going to us or Citeh, but the latter will not be able to get anyone for 2 million anymore, they're gonna go for broke on buying a flashy MASSIVE signing. So if we can get a bid in early, we could snap him up while City try desperately to spend a hundred million on Kaka and Villa.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Yes, anyday.

World class striker, albeit with a less yard of pace. One on one you can bet your life he will find the net.

Can get him on a free in the summer.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
red dave said:
I hope we dont even think of buying him as is a washed up striker !!!!
nonsense, he is far from washed up.
owen is as clinical as he ever was , he might have lost some pace but he is still a world class finisher.
remember he does play for newcastle:eek: , and injuries have also hampered him, but signing for newcastle has been detrimental to his career.
if he played for a team that gave him scoring chances he could easily get back to where he was a few years ago, his record at madrid was phenomenal considering he spent most of his time there on the bench.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
piazza said:
Everton- no way never.
Tranmere- never agree to personal terms, he's not even an actual Scouser, he's from Chester right?
Wigan- too small of a club

I could see him going to us or Citeh, but the latter will not be able to get anyone for 2 million anymore, they're gonna go for broke on buying a flashy MASSIVE signing. So if we can get a bid in early, we could snap him up while City try desperately to spend a hundred million on Kaka and Villa.
Yes, he was born in Chester which is hardly a million inches away from "de pool".

·
Registered
734 Posts
IF we got him and kept him FIT it would be fine im sure he would bag a few goals but we really should be looking at bigger and better things than michael owen in fairness.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
thekeanefella said:
nonsense, he is far from washed up.
owen is as clinical as he ever was , he might have lost some pace but he is still a world class finisher.
remember he does play for newcastle:eek: , and injuries have also hampered him, but signing for newcastle has been detrimental to his career.
if he played for a team that gave him scoring chances he could easily get back to where he was a few years ago, his record at madrid was phenomenal considering he spent most of his time there on the bench.

agree 100% with you! could you imagine the amount of goals he would get for us with the chances we get every match! hes a former european player of the year ffs you dont lose talent you lose desire pace etc in owens case pace but you can alter your game to adapt to that lose look at giggs! owen is the type of goalscoerer we need and at 2 or 3 million would b the staelof the season even most seasons

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would like to see Manucho get the chance to show us what he can do. After all, he could be the striker we're missing.

However, I would have absolutely no complaints about signing Owen. He may have lost a yard of pace, but he's still a very good player and a great finisher. His injuries seem to be behind him as well.

But, if we are worried about his injuries, we could sign him on a pay-as-you-play deal, or offering him a basic, lower wage with bonuses.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Red Devil said:
Yes, he was born in Chester which is hardly a million inches away from "de pool".
Yeah, but its probably far enough away from there, for him not to want to play at Tranmere, especially for a former Ballon d'or winner, to play at a League One club that's not even his local one, would be pretty odd, plus he'd want a hell of a lot of money, and I'd like to see Tranmere pay someone 150,000 a week, when I doubt the rest of the team makes that combined.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts