Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 'Boro be their usual game raising selves against Liverpool? Their recent record against the dippers suggests they will.

The last 10 games between these two clubs at the Riverside is as follows:

2 Liverpool wins

4 Middlesbrough wins

4 draws

Do we think that trend will continue or will 'Boro roll over for them tomorrow? I'm hoping for at least a draw for 'Boro.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
draw. pool will flatter to deceive after their european heroics as usual. boro to take the lead and stevie me to save them in injury time

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
draw. pool will flatter to deceive after their european heroics as usual. boro to take the lead and stevie me to save them in injury time
Liverpool have been at their best when coming from behind this season. They've won about six games after going a goal down. They even came from 2 goals down to beat City at Wastelands. I'd love a draw though, I think Rafa would have a nervous breakdown :happy

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I would love to see Pool lose points from this game, but I think they will manage to get the 3 points from this one mostly because Boro are desperate this season. Come on Southgate prove me wrong

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Liverpool have been at their best when coming from behind this season. They've won about six games after going a goal down. They even came from 2 goals down to beat City at Wastelands. I'd love a draw though, I think Rafa would have a nervous breakdown :happy
thats wat i mean. it will take a goal against to wake em n get going. boro been poor this season, i think with them playin a top side and being at home mite lift em a bit.

cant see pool losin so i still think a draw. game against sunderland mid week should be interestin too:)

also zuco, do u think parry leaving will lift pools morale

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats wat i mean. it will take a goal against to wake em n get going. boro been poor this season, i think with them playin a top side and being at home mite lift em a bit.

cant see pool losin so i still think a draw. game against sunderland mid week should be interestin too:)

also zuco, do u think parry leaving will lift pools morale
The fans are certainly happy with it, but I actually think that problems like this can only affect the players in a negative way. When they see that their club is being run with all its dirty washing out in public it doesn't exactly instill confidence in them. Though having said that, they might that this is a victory for Rafa in that he's now got his own way. Could go either way to be honest.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The fans are certainly happy with it, but I actually think that problems like this can only affect the players in a negative way. When they see that their club is being run with all its dirty washing out in public it doesn't exactly instill confidence in them. Though having said that, they might that this is a victory for Rafa in that he's now got his own way. Could go either way to be honest.
Cheers master :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Southgate has a lot to prove to the fans and that win against West Ham,knocking them out the Fa Cup didnt do him any harm,but a result against Liverpoo should keep his job safe for a bit longer,so good luck Garrath,give em a good kickin,there will be no Torres,so unless Gerrald starts,they will be relying on Rat Boy,Benyhun for another lucky cross,to punt in with that over sized nose he has.:rofl: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
107 Posts
yep. leaving us 6 points ahead with a game in hand would be nicely nicely. would like also to see rafa break down on the sideline, do summat mentle, like attackin torres, or streaking that would be funny

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Boro's win against West Ham in the FA Cup is a timely boost before their game against Liverpool. They've been dreadful recently in the league but they do seem to raise their game at the Riverside when facing the big 4. Probably because it's the only time they get a decent crowd in the stadium.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Boro always seem to raise their game against the 'Top 4' sides, so hopefully they can do the same tomorrow.

Their 2-0 win over West Ham in the cup will also raise their morale a bit as well imo, seeing as it was their first goal in 9 games or something like that, and then they got a second.

I don't think they're good enough to win, but I think it'll be a draw.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Boro will bend over for Liverpool, then I expect them to pick up there form and play well against us.

Just gotta feelin its gonna go that way...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Middlesbrough haven’t won in their previous 4 league games (3 of them at home) I think we need some sort of miracle for Liverpool to slip up here though Southgate needs to start winning games at home to save his job so what a good opportunity to start winning.

I predict 2-1 to Middlesbrough and I will say they will score the winner in the 90th minute… just makes the win that little bit sweeter :p

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'm not expecting anything out of Boro in all honesty. Though I'd be ecstatic if they got something, but I think Liverpool will get a close win, I'm sure Kuyt will score.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
tuncay downing double act bought about a far better performance from the smoggies against the irons . i have high hopes for a scoring draw .

1 - 20 of 184 Posts