Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
lets see how the injury has affected him before making judgement on his future at the club. Some players aint ever the same after such as serious injury and this maybe case for silvestre.

For me, he has been great servant for the club and his importance as a squad player is undervalued by majority of fans. Remember, it aint 11 players that win us trophies

Z

·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
lets see how the injury has affected him before making judgement on his future at the club. Some players aint ever the same after such as serious injury and this maybe case for silvestre.

For me, he has been great servant for the club and his importance as a squad player is undervalued by majority of fans. Remember, it aint 11 players that win us trophies
It was a shoulder injury very similar to that which Vidic suffered.

I've never heard of a shoulder injury forcing a player to retire.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:

Vida's cut from a different cloth, then your average Frenchman though don't you think?

Z

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
Vida's cut from a different cloth, then your average Frenchman though don't you think?
Both have shoulders made out of the same stuff.

Silvestre has looked good when he came back at the
end of last season and in pre season so there's no
reason to think he can't be a good player for us next season.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
-zuco- said:
Both have shoulders made out of the same stuff.
False. Vidic's body is composed entirely of Titanium, and its not blood that runs through his veins, its actually Bacardi 151. He also doesn't breathe air... just smoke.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:

It wasn't a shoulder injury last season. That was the end of the season before.

Last season was a cruciate ligament injury.

Z

·
0 Posts
manutd004 said:
It wasn't a shoulder injury last season. That was the end of the season before.

Last season was a cruciate ligament injury.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Was drunk last night :p

He still looked sharp in the games since his return though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
:eek:

Was drunk last night

He still looked sharp in the games since his return though.
:p

He did. I agreed with you.

The only thing I didn't agree with was you saying he had a shoulder injury ;) :p

Z

·
0 Posts
manutd004 said:
He did. I agreed with you.

The only thing I didn't agree with was you saying he had a shoulder injury ;) :p
Pedantic mofo :p

That's usually my job :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
-zuco- said:

Thought you were always right? :confused: ;)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he's a good player and a very respected one i think. If not for his game than for his loyalty for this club. Nowadays it's very hard for the modern footballer to stay..more than...5-6 years to the club...he play's well but unfortunately for him we have the best left back in the world and we all know who i'm talking about:) but silvestre was always there when we needed him. Good luck Silvestre and thank you very very much for you're commitement for this wonderful family

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Thing is, who do people want as back-up to Evra?

World Class players, like Lahm for example (despite his awful defending in the final :p) aren't going to come as Evras no 2.

Silvestre is a great left-back, strong in the tackle, good defensively at LB, quick, great crossing, and hes willing to stay and fight for his place. I wouldn't actually replace him for anyone in all honesty.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
United's Silvestre Wanted By Celtic?

Earlier this summer, Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa were linked with United's injury-plagued left-back Silvestre.

Villa's Wilfred Bouma is out for six months with a horror ankle break and O'Neill was keen to provide cover in the full-back positions. However, Silvestre apparently rebuffed the Villans and looked set for another season as an Old Trafford fringe man.

Bordeaux, Roma and Paris St Germain were also linked with either loan or permanent moves for the 31-year-old but, again, interest has waned as the summer wears on.

However, O'Neill's former club Celtic are said to be very keen on the Frenchman, with boss Gordon Strachan desperate to bolster his attacking options further, having already captured centre-back Glenn Loovens from Cardiff.

The future of current left-back Lee Naylor remains in doubt and Silvestre would be likely be interested in first-team football at Parkhead, especially given that Champions League involvement also awaits.

Silvestre's desire to complete his testimonial year in Manchester has been clouding his thoughts thus far, but a season-long loan with the Bhoys could be the best footballing decision as he also desires to force his way back into Raymond Domenech's international set-up.

Silvestre wanted by Celtic

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Keep Silvestre
hes a good cover for evra and he can play as a cb to
imo he is way to better than brown in everything

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hoops hope to sign Manchester United star on loan
Aug 17 2008 By Mark Guidi And Gordon Waddell

CELTIC have made an audacious move to land Manchester United star Mikael Silvestre on loan.

MailSport can reveal the Hoops made contact with the European champs 48 hours ago about the availability of the French left-back.

Man United gaffer Sir Alex Ferguson is now considering a request to let Silvestre speak with the Parkhead side.

Celtic will find out in the next couple of days if their move has been successful but they know they stand only a slim chance of landing the defender.

However, they feel the bold approach would be worth it if it pays off. Hoops manager Gordon Strachan has been hunting all summer for a left-back and has been linked with several possible candidates down south and on the continent.

Frenchman Silvestre has made more than 360 appearances for United since signing in 1999 but is not guaranteed a starting slot in Ferguson's side.

That has alerted a host of top clubs who have been keen to offer the 40- times capped star the match time he desires.

Roma and Bordeaux were among the sides reported to be chasing him this summer.

But the 31-year-old will not leave United on a permanent move.

He is in his testimonial season at Old Trafford and will be awarded a lucrative benefit game next year as one of their longest-serving stars.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/2008/08/17/hoops-hope-to-sign-manchester-united-star-on-loan-78057-20700924/

21 - 40 of 49 Posts