Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not too sure whether he'll go tbh.

I don't think we'll let him go on loan. As I've said before, hes great as a LB, and is great, reliable cover for Evra.

I'd keep Silvestre for this season, then when his contracts up next year, let him find another club to finish his career with, then let Fabio compete with Evra for the LB spot.

I think thats our best option. However, if Silvestre REALLY wants to go, then we should show him enough respect and let him.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Silvestre linked to Man City transfer

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre is set for a move across the city, with Mark Hughes interested in signing the Frenchman.

Silvestre has fallen out of favour at Old Trafford and a serious knee injury last season saw him restricted to only three league starts for the Red Devils.

Although predominantly a left back, Silvestre has also featured in the centre during his nine years at Manchester United. However, the arrivals of Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic at the club have largely consigned Silvestre to the sidelines.

The Frenchman is now in his last season at United and the club may be willing to sell him as he will be able to depart for free next summer. A number of clubs have already reportedly expressed an interest in signing the defender including Celtic, Roma and Bordeaux.

However it is being reported that new Manchester City boss Mark Hughes is keen on signing the 31-year old Silvestre as he looks to bolster his defence and is said to be available for a knockdown £750,000.

Hughes has already brought in former Chelsea defender Tal Ben Haim this summer and Richard Dunne has also signed a new deal at the club. The City boss has also convinced right back Vedran Corluka to stay at City despite strong interest from Tottenham Hotspur. However, the Sky Blues appear to be a little short in the left back slot and Hughes may view Silvestre as the potential answer.

Certainly Silvestre can bring huge experience to Eastlands. He has 40 caps for France and has helped United to four Premier League titles during his time at Old Trafford.

Silvestre Linked with City Move

·
Registered
736 Posts
he's a world class player but he cant play with evra on the pitch...........
dont know why........but at the moment if he really fit .......he can be our left winger...

·
Since 1976
2,228 Posts
OMG sky sports news just reported he is training with us to keep up his fitness. Whats the odds Fergie will give him a game lol in line with his bizarre team selections of late!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts