Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably get some abuse for this thread but micky phelan is ****,how hes got the number 2 seat is beyond me.Its one of the most sought after assistant roles in the world and hes got it.I know he s been at the club for years etc,but loyalty shouldnt swing the vote.Fergie seems to be content with keeping his backside toasted on his seat so he sends baldy out to his dirty work.The fact his,the players dont listen to him,he has no decent ideas like Querioz did,he has no flair and frankly just seems to be a puppet on strings attached to fergies bubble jacket.It needs sorting,and sorting fast........:mad:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, when Mike Phelan was hired I think the general consensus was that he was an uninspiring choice.

Of course, we don't know what he does on the training pitch and if he does contribute any ideas or not.

But atm he looks to be a yes man. On matchdays I don't ever see him doing much. We are lacking different ideas and we seem be lacking the tactical knowledge we had when Queiroz was here imho.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i don't think phelan is a good choice he does not seem to inspire anybody . although he did give us the seasons funniest moment when he burst that balloon and almost gave fergie a heart attack , it was probably worth it for that moment alone , i still get the chuckles when i look at the dug out.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
any man who can fill a pair of shorts so well in the autumn of his years gets my vote . happy harry popping out in the cl semi dazzling kaka wil prove his worth mark my words . i doubt he gives any rallying speeches but he is part of the furniture

·
Registered
366 Posts
haggler said:
any man who can fill a pair of shorts so well in the autumn of his years gets my vote . happy harry popping out in the cl semi dazzling kaka wil prove his worth mark my words . i doubt he gives any rallying speeches but he is part of the furniture
wtf .Haggler are you sure that post was even meant for this site ? lol

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well if he is that sh#t why has he been hanging around old trafford since he stopped playing football, obviously fergie thinks hes great and that is all that matters .
He is free to pick whoever he wants and if phelan is the one who the hell are we to argue

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
What I think.

Is.

That Fergie and united never wanted to bring in an outsider, because no-one would have it unless they got guarantee of having the top job when Ferie retires.
Also part of the reason CQ left.

So, with Phelan there, he won't want, or even be offered, the top job.

When Fergie finally retires, an external manager will be brought in, without looking at Phelan getting promoted.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
i think phelan is a stop-gap solution. difficult to find as good as an assistant as carlos where the person coming in dont wanna be the number 1.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Stephen said:
What I think.

Is.

That Fergie and united never wanted to bring in an outsider, because no-one would have it unless they got guarantee of having the top job when Ferie retires.

When Fergie finally retires, an external manager will be brought in, without looking at Phelan getting promoted.
spot on again

·
Registered
310 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Probably get some abuse for this thread but micky phelan is ****,how hes got the number 2 seat is beyond me.Its one of the most sought after assistant roles in the world and hes got it.I know he s been at the club for years etc,but loyalty shouldnt swing the vote.Fergie seems to be content with keeping his backside toasted on his seat so he sends baldy out to his dirty work.The fact his,the players dont listen to him,he has no decent ideas like Querioz did,he has no flair and frankly just seems to be a puppet on strings attached to fergies bubble jacket.It needs sorting,and sorting fast........:mad:
I fail to see where these facts you have come from. Do you regularly talk to the
players and they tell you they don't listen to him? Or are you a fly on the wall in
the dressing room listening to his crap ideas and lack of flair? Just because he's
not jumping up and down on the sideline doesn't mean he's not a good assistant!
Carlos was probably the best assistant in world football or least up there near
the top so whoever replaced him had massive boots to fill. I don't see any
massive problems with us that can be blamed on Mike Phealan so i dont
understand you calling him *****.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Stephen said:
What I think.

Is.

Absolutely spot on!

The only question, if it was smart short term move.

I see Fergie talking more to Meulensteen than Phelan and Phelan doesn't look to have the confidence to bark orders at the stars....yet.

Let's hope this changes soon.

Everybody can use a rollicking or encouragement once in a while.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedMurph7 said:
I fail to see where these facts you have come from. Do you regularly talk to the
players and they tell you they don't listen to him? Or are you a fly on the wall in
the dressing room listening to his crap ideas and lack of flair? Just because he's
not jumping up and down on the sideline doesn't mean he's not a good assistant!
the top so whoever replaced him had massive boots to fill. I don't see any

Well said.

This is one of my gripes too, whenever someone seems to know
what orders Fergie is giving the players.

We have a lot of insiders here ;)

BTW welcome back!

Where the hell have you been?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RedMurph7 said:
players and they tell you they don't listen to him? YES
Or are you a fly on the wall in
the dressing room listening to his crap ideas and lack of flair? YES
Just because he's
not jumping up and down on the sideline doesn't mean he's not a good assistant! Yes it does
the top so whoever replaced him had massive boots to fill. I
don't see any
He's a boot boy,thats it.He was brouught in so they wouldnt have to fork out any more money for someone else,he still cleans the boots too:p
yes..

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyway,im entitled to my opinion and still think he's ****,he brings nothing to united,and you dont have to be insider to see that......just stupid if you dont

·
Registered
310 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Well said.

This is one of my gripes too, whenever someone seems to know
what orders Fergie is giving the players.

We have a lot of insiders here ;)

BTW welcome back!

Where the hell have you been?
Cheers RFR,
Had to move for college and had no internet for the past month. All sorted now
though so happy to be back.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
He's a good enough coach and short wearer, but assistant manager?

Doesn't really offer Fergie ideas when we're struglling.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
How much imput is he having do you think?

I think it was well docummented that Carlos had quite a heavy involvement with the team while he was here...

...where as, I'm guessing that Mike isn't as involved with the team line-up and tactical ploys.

Anyone see him picking his nose on the bench at Villa today? :p

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My point stands true,the guy is ****.It winds me up when SAF sits on his arris till the 70th minute to make a change,he should have changed it at half time,id have banged on Wellbeck,i bet he'd have finished that sitter from Wazza.......Idiots,the lot of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts