Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
My point stands true,the guy is ****.It winds me up when SAF sits on his arris till the 70th minute to make a change,he should have changed it at half time,id have banged on Wellbeck,i bet he'd have finished that sitter from Wazza.......Idiots,the lot of them.
It is the only big complaint i have had about fergie over all these years.
When things are going wrong in the first half and its obvious his selection or tactics are not working , he is stubborn and does not make his first change till the last 20 minutes. then has some strikers on the bench and brings on a defender.
Still thats why hes in the job and i am not

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Not good enough imo. However, bringing a big name in might be the wrong idea, too much change in the camp with a new manager coming in next 2-3 years.

·
23,699 Posts
Think there was a similar thread around the appointment of Phelan. Back then, everybody was drawing up their wishlist until the news broke. It became evident immediately that Phelan is not the Chosen One to take over Fergie but someone from within to assist the actual Chosen One to help faciliate the taking over at the helm just like what Clarke did for Chelsea when Mourinho came in? So he does seem to have a function later and thus not entirely a waste of time.

But yeah, just like Clarke, he looks like he is never going to be a manager. I don't see how by not opening his mouth or shifting his butt, he actually has the telepathic power to transmit his ideas and strategies during a game to anybody at all.

In any case, whoever the Chosen One must be big and competent enough currently to be manager elsewhere at this moment. He can't be sitting beside Fergie now to learn the ropes.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts