Manchester United Talk banner

Milan after Solid Defense - refuted by Vidic's agent

1K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  AidanNelson2009 
#1 ·
It has been today reported in the Mail On Sunday that AC Milan are lining £30m bids for Defenders Nemanja Vidic and Jonny Evans,Do they honestly think we would sell them?

Also what do you think about Jose Mourinho putting himself up for the next manager after SAF Leaves?

#3 ·
its funny to even think Vidic would ever leave the best team in the world and a team which has reli started to get the best from him. However I can't fault Mourinho for wanting him lol. As for him becoming next mufc manager I would love it.. like fergie he has an arrogance about him which fans and the media love. Mourinho is already got a fantastic cv and I think with the team Alex has assembled at man utd , Mourinho could and would be bery successful

#10 ·
IF we sold Evans and Vida who on earth could we get to replace them : No one, it would be impossible. Btw, I heard off a spanish guy in my course that Gerard Piqué recently said he would consider going back to UTD , any chance?
Jagielka ;)

Evans is very important hes not even from the best 4 defenders in his team right now but potentially wise it would be stupid to sell him and Evans is million time the quality of Pique

Vidic is our best player selling him would be crazier than me :red:

#11 ·
IF we sold Evans and Vida who on earth could we get to replace them : No one, it would be impossible. Btw, I heard off a spanish guy in my course that Gerard Piqué recently said he would consider going back to UTD , any chance?
If? there is no 'If' about it. We turned down 10million for evans last summer. he is the future of our club.
Vidic is the best defender in the world and must be worth at least 30+ million.
This is just a crappy NOTW story. Its never gonna happen. Evans and Vida are with us for the long haul.
Why would they want to leave anyway??

#17 ·
Exclusive: No Milan move for Vidic
Premier League: Vidic agent | Setanta

Nemanja Vidic’s representatives have told setanta.com that reports linking the Manchester United defender with a summer move to Milan are pure fabrication.

The Serbia international has produced some colossal displays for Sir Alex Ferguson’s side this season and has been tipped as a potential winner of the PFA Player of the Year award as well as the five trophies that United may yet collect.

The acclaim coming his way has not been limited to English shores and in recent days Vidic has been rumoured to be a transfer target for Milan, along with his young Old Trafford colleague Jonny Evans.

But the former Spartak Moscow star’s management company have firmly denied suggestions that a move to the San Siro could be on the horizon.

“It’s not true, it is an invention of an Italian journalist,” a spokesman for Assist, the company that represents Vidic, told setanta.com

“I don’t think there is any chance to move the player anywhere. He is quite happy.”

Vidic will look to further impress an Italian audience on Wednesday when he attempts to shackle Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the second leg of United’s Champions League tie with Inter.

Jose Mourinho’s side travel to Old Trafford following a 0-0 stalemate in the Italian fashion capital.

#23 ·
Obviously done by a pro-Inter Merda journalist to create tensions ahead of the game against Merda and to sow discord between Milan and Man Utd. Killing two birds with one stone as they call it. Clearly Man Utd fans are generating negative thoughts towards Milan by the show of contempt displayed here.

#24 ·
Last night I read a text sent into Teletext which claimed that if Milan are only interested in Vidic and Evans then that proves Ferdinand is not the World class player everyone makes him out to be.

I was incredulous. Rio is part-time United captain and one of the best central defenders in the World. The only reason Milan aren't interested is because they know United would never sell him!

Having said that I don't think there's any way we would sell Vidic either but Rio's captaincy makes him an even more difficult target.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.