Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed that the Italian giants are in the hunt for Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho.

His comments come after Milan's coach Carlo Ancelotti spoke of his desire to bring the superstar to the San Siro.

The 2004 and 2005 Fifa World Player of the Year has endured a torrid season at Barcelona, where his contract runs until 2010, and he is currently ruled out for six weeks.

Berlusconi believes the 28-year-old can be lured to Milan and when asked whether he would come, the Rossoneri president told Italian press agency Ansa: "I hope yes, I believe yes.

"We will try and buy him."

Gazzetta dello Sport have reported that the price they would be prepared to pay is 20million euros, adding there has been a meeting between Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto Assis and Adriano Galliani, the number two to Berlusconi at Milan.

The speculation comes as Milan are expected to overhaul their squad in the summer following their early exit from the UEFA Champions League and poor domestic campaign.

Adding to the speculation, coach Ancelotti spoke this week of his admiration of the Brazilian wizard, saying: "Ronaldinho is a great player. Milan's interest in him has been there for a long time.

"At this time he is a Barcelona player and the club is evaluating the development of this situation. He is a champion that interests several clubs."

English sides Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City are believed to be among other clubs watching the situation.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Are milan mad firstly they want shevchenko back who is past his best and now they are after ronaldinho in his prime amazing but now a under trained playboy

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
The_Red_Prince said:
It was innevitable.Ronaldinho going through the worst possible phase in his career and Barca was simply ignoring him
They wouldnt ignore him they know how good he is he is now lazy lost the spark for football its a problem with brazilian players they love to party

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
fazman said:
Are milan mad firstly they want shevchenko back who is past his best and now they are after ronaldinho in his prime amazing but now a under trained playboy
I was thinking the exact same thing, I tought the problem with milan was that most of their players were old and over their prime, so they are now planning to bring more over their prime players? I dont know what berlusconi is smoking.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
good for them...realy don't care...as long as he doesn't come to England (beside Man Utd) he can go where ever he wants, and in my opinion, Milan is the most suited club for him. A lot of brazilians around there

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
migueldadon said:
I was thinking the exact same thing, I tought the problem with milan was that most of their players were old and over their prime, so they are now planning to bring more over their prime players? I dont know what berlusconi is smoking.
they all do it ---- lauren blanc- henrick larsson anyone ?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
They can have him for all i care- personally i feel he is past his best.
:cool: I totally agree. Even though he's 'only' 28, he'll never be the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Regarding Ronaldinho, Im not too fussed where he goes, well Id prefer if he
stayed at Barca cos I like them.

Ive been hearing so much about his brother/agent Roberto de Assis, who was
having dinner with Man City's chairman recently, which led to City fans thinking
they were gonna get Ronaldinho, lmfao :D
Anyway, i was curious about this infamous brother of his so I decided to
wikipedia him to see what all the fuss what about (and to see if he too
resembled a horse :p )

I found a very bizarre thing and am not sure if its true as you can never
completely trust Wiki:

Roberto de Assis Moreira is the older brother, manager, agent and adviser of
Brazilian football star Ronaldinho. Although Assis is known predominantly for his
intelligent managing of better known and more illustrious younger brother
Ronaldinho's career, he himself was a budding football talent in his youth. In fact,
Brazilian giants Grêmio offered Assis' family a villa in order to keep the promising
youngster with the club.

However, that very villa was to be the scene of an unthinkable tragedy that
would hit the family soon after. João Da Silva Moreira, Roberto and Ronaldinho's
father, were killed in the swimming pool when a great white shark was left in the
pool as a joke by the young Ronaldinho.
His father did not see it and jumped
straight in and that was that.Roberto was 17-years old at the time, while
Ronaldinho was 8.

Check out the bit I highlighted :eek: :eek: wtf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_de_Assis_Moreira

·
Banned
298 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Regarding Ronaldinho, Im not too fussed where he goes, well Id prefer if he
stayed at Barca cos I like them.

Ive been hearing so much about his brother/agent Roberto de Assis, who was
having dinner with Man City's chairman recently, which led to City fans thinking
they were gonna get Ronaldinho, lmfao :D
Anyway, i was curious about this infamous brother of his so I decided to
wikipedia him to see what all the fuss what about (and to see if he too
resembled a horse :p )

I found a very bizarre thing and am not sure if its true as you can never
completely trust Wiki:

Roberto de Assis Moreira is the older brother, manager, agent and adviser of
Brazilian football star Ronaldinho. Although Assis is known predominantly for his
intelligent managing of better known and more illustrious younger brother
Ronaldinho's career, he himself was a budding football talent in his youth. In fact,
Brazilian giants Grêmio offered Assis' family a villa in order to keep the promising
youngster with the club.

However, that very villa was to be the scene of an unthinkable tragedy that
would hit the family soon after. João Da Silva Moreira, Roberto and Ronaldinho's
father, were killed in the swimming pool when a great white shark was left in the
pool as a joke by the young Ronaldinho.
His father did not see it and jumped
straight in and that was that.Roberto was 17-years old at the time, while
Ronaldinho was 8.

Check out the bit I highlighted :eek: :eek: wtf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_de_Assis_Moreira
that is soo sad story

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
marty davidson said:
English sides Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City are believed to be among other clubs watching the situation.
Never heard any mention of Manchester United, so I guess this doesn't even concern us at all? Thus, wouldn't it be more appropriate if this thread is in the 'Football Banter' sub-forum? Last but not least, I don't give two hoots about Ronaldinho moving to Milan. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts