Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lyon's Ghanian defender John Mensah suffered many racistic insults during the match against Le Havre

Most of Lyon's black players were awfully insutled by Le Havre fans on racial basis , but Mensah suffered the most repulsive insults
That was the main reason that Mensah got two bookings in short interval of the second half. He was so nervous he had to be shown a red 20 minutes before the final whistle.

It is my fault Menhas got the red , I should have taken him out a lot sooner . Insults that my players recieved are scandalous – said Lyon manager Claude Puel.

Even Lyon's president Michel Aulas was fuming:

- Since the warm up started,John Mensah, Kader Keita, Frederic Piquionne and Karim Benzema were the main targets of the racial abuse from Le Havre fans. John took it the worse. He took it very personally.

The French police said after the match that 1 of Le Havre's fans was arrested for racial abuse. There were 14 arrests last season for insults on racial basis. some of them were found guilty and sent to prison for few months.

so the next time before some of you start saying that eastern europe is a "racial factory " think twice... i'm sick and tired of all the prejudice about eastern europe.

police killing kids in greece, teens beat up and set an indian on fire in the middle of the rome, polish men are imported in italy every day to work on farms with no rights and in no human conditions just like slaves in the old days , for no paycheck, sleeping in barns with no electricity and no clean water, black players in spain are abused almost week in week out and yet Balkans is the main problem..

get real please people

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
cant stand racism at all. it has no place anywher let alone at a football game. how does someone explain to their young kids at that game why the african players were being called this or tht???!!

there are racists everywher, sad to say but here too in ireland. france has always been a hotbed of it with all the etnic minorities but to bring it to a football match is stupid

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CaptainRoyKeane said:
I got big issues with racist people, a very big one. One racist jibe at me and they are on the floor!
you should realise that it's their' problem not yours mate...

but i see what you mean...

but i couldn't be arsed to respond to a man who calls me for example " the croatian _____ " ...it's his problem

dont let it get to you man

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think every country has racists in them but some countries have bigger problems with racism than others. We've done a lot to stamp it out in this country but it wasn't that long ago that there were race riots in Oldham. It's an ongoing problem that needs to be tackled.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
There will always be racism in football i'm afraid. There are tons of Grade A ***** out there, who are brought up to think racism is right and a way to behave. Then you have the other morons who just do it because they hear others at it. it will never be fully stamped out because people like these will always exist.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
CROoney said:
...and yet Balkans is the main problem..

get real please people
What? I havent heard of any kind of serious racism in the Balkans since like 20 years ago when their was a genocide or something round that way. I've never seen/met/heard of a man from the Balkans who wasnt white anyway. The only problem I could imagine you have is religious conflicts but all the Muslim Balkan people I've met have been pretty tame in their god complex. Chill out mate no one thinks the Balkans is a sink hole of racial hatred.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There is rasicm everywhere unfortunately. A lot more incidents like this
happen in France and Spain. Its sad but true. It has gotten WAY better
over the last 20 years, especially in England. I can still remember people
throwing bananas at John Barnes :eek:
It is more prevalent in the Balkan states though and it needs to be eradicated
asap. Football has not time for racists.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Ditto to what everyone has said.

I hate racism/bigotry/etc of any sort. Judge the person, not the race/nationality/sexuality/religion etc etc.

versa said:
I quote somebody here: "There is only one race. Human race." ;)
Yeah, that's a good quote. ;)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Well there is certainly no place for that in football, a players skin colour or religious beliefs have nothing to do with football and should not be tolerated. Just like what happened to our national team when we played spain although when we played them the other day there was no problem which is good.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
le havre fans should get banned for 3 home matches at least.. and if this continues the team should be taken points off.

this is terrible and remember when spain fans targeted some of england players...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Justice said:
What? I havent heard of any kind of serious racism in the Balkans since like 20 years ago when their was a genocide or something round that way. I've never seen/met/heard of a man from the Balkans who wasnt white anyway. The only problem I could imagine you have is religious conflicts but all the Muslim Balkan people I've met have been pretty tame in their god complex. Chill out mate no one thinks the Balkans is a sink hole of racial hatred.

Well obviously you haven't seen some post after heskey was abused in zagreb...someone even said that "eastern europe have always been a racism factory"

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jazz 16 said:
happen in France and Spain. Its sad but true. It has gotten WAY better
over the last 20 years, especially in England. I can still remember people
throwing bananas at John Barnes :eek:

justice my mate - see ?

i seriously can't believe that people believe that with every single evidence confirming the opposite

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
CROoney said:
justice my mate - see ?

i seriously can't believe that people believe that with every single evidence confirming the opposite
Read my whole post Crooney my man!!
I said it was more prevalent, which means it happens more in the Balkan
states, but I also said it happens in Spain and France, which it does.

Jazz 16 said:
happen in France and Spain.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jazz 16 said:
Read my whole post Crooney my man!!
I said it was more prevalent, which means it happens more in the Balkan
states, but I also said it happens in Spain and France, which it does.
oops - sorry i was and still am a bit confused...

never meant to make you mad , but i cant see how is more prevalent on balkans....nor can justice - can you please explain what you mean -

i mean how is it more prevalent in the balkans... it's prejudice imo

i havent seen incidents such serious incidents like this one since - well i cant remember when...not to mention fans arrested for it like in france...

sorry once more but i uderstand you said basically this - it happens in france,spain etc but not as often as on balkans...where ? serbia ? bulgaria ? where ?

thanks

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
CROoney said:
oops - sorry i was and still am a bit confused...

never meant to make you mad , but i cant see how is more prevalent on balkans....nor can justice - can you please explain what you mean -

i mean how is it more prevalent in the balkans... it's prejudice imo

i havent seen incidents such serious incidents like this one since - well i cant remember when...not to mention fans arrested for it like in france...

sorry once more but i uderstand you said basically this - it happens in france,spain etc but not as often as on balkans...where ? serbia ? bulgaria ? where ?

thanks
dude Im not mad, so you dont need to apologise. ;) just happy to have you back posting mate.

What I said was that it seems to happen more in the Balkan states.
This is from what I see and hear in the media. It might not be true but I dont
know tbh. I hear a lot of these stories happen in the Balkans which leads
me to believe it happens more out there, but who am I to know?
It happens as well in Spain, France and Italy!!!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz 16 said:
dude Im not mad, so you dont need to apologise. ;) just happy to have you back posting mate.

What I said was that it seems to happen more in the Balkan states.
This is from what I see and hear in the media. It might not be true but I dont
know tbh. I hear a lot of these stories happen in the Balkans which leads
me to believe it happens more out there, but who am I to know?
It happens as well in Spain, France and Italy!!!
yeah - that's what i was talking about - there is nowhere on foreign media that 3 teenage kids beat up and set a homeless from india on fire in the middle of rome - they said that they "wanted to see how he burns " - as for balkan states - i cant remember the last time something like that happened - especially on the football pitch

cheers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
a journo from the guardian was on a radio station here in ireland discussing tht incident.

apparently mensah wanted to come off at half time. sad fact is tht he is now questioning if he will keep playing football it has had such an impact on him. personally he should keep playin show the bigots he wont give in

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
hatedastarfish said:
a journo from the guardian was on a radio station here in ireland discussing tht incident.

apparently mensah wanted to come off at half time. sad fact is tht he is now questioning if he will keep playing football it has had such an impact on him. personally he should keep playin show the bigots he wont give in
we dont know what its like for him though. Its easy for us to say, 'keep playing,
stick it to the bigots' etc... but it must be awful for the lad.
Remember it happened to Eto'o a season or 2 back?
He wanted to walk off the pitch and his team mates and others from the oppo
convinced him to stay on and play. He was clearly distraught though.
Its shocking that it still goes on, but in life you will always find many Grade A Twats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts