Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt know wheter to put this in international football or not so my bad if i should have.

just heard about the MLS Allstars beating west ham last night. found this quite interesting. they take the best players from all of the MLS Clubs to form this allstar team. was thinking, how good would the premiership allstars would be if we had one and what would be the team.

think it would be interesting if we had a world comp for this. like the world cup. would be interesting. one thing about the MLS i like i think

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I actually watched this last night. Beckham ran the show, he was amazing
and easily good enough to play for England. He nearly grabbed a couple of
goals as well. To be fair West Ham were knackered adn out on their feet by the
end. It was a decent game and Angel scored one too. They are getting a few
more players out there these days.

Regarding a Premiership X1.....I guess it would be mostly United players.
Here's my team anyway:

--------------------VDS--------------
Brown------Rio---------Vidic---------Evra
Ronaldo---Essien-----Gerrard----Young
-----------Drogba-----------Torres----

subs: Cech, Carvalho, Dunne, Fabregas, Scholes, Bentley, Rooney, Berbatov.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye i might try and find it on the net when i get in from work. i really would like america to become a bigger nation when it comes to football/soccer. would be interesting. i think with countries like them becoming bigger football can stretch futher aswell. they will have to get some more stars over there tho. i signed pique eagles and kalou for galaxy on fifa :D

anyone else like to see more countries get into this allstars thing

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Clarky101 said:
anyone else like to see more countries get into this allstars thing
nah, not really. I dont think it could work properly, especially with the
internationals as well.
I picked a fantasy Prem team above but there is no way there will ever
be an all star team. Thats just SO American :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I watched it last night, and only made it through a half before I got bored enough to flip...the MLS teams are like Bolton, but can score :D...they just try to mug the hell out of the beautiful game and bully everyone

also, Blanco was amazing last night...that guy is good, apart from his attitude

however, I hate the MLS all-star game...It is just the US *******izing the sport...I understand it helps marketing wise and showing off that our talent is getting better, but when everyone around the world already looks down at you since you can't even call the game by the right name, any other changes like that just make us look that much more retarded

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cappy said:
I watched it last night, and only made it through a half before I got bored enough to flip...the MLS teams are like Bolton, but can score :D...they just try to mug the hell out of the beautiful game and bully everyone

also, Blanco was amazing last night...that guy is good, apart from his attitude

however, I hate the MLS all-star game...It is just the US *******izing the sport...I understand it helps marketing wise and showing off that our talent is getting better, but when everyone around the world already looks down at you since you can't even call the game by the right name, any other changes like that just make us look that much more retarded
lol some good points i guess. i dunno, i just suppose its something different, would like to see like are league go against the italian league and the spanish league. would be interesting to see who can play well together and who plays the best football out of the leagues. when i asked about the whole allstar thing i wasnt focusing mainly on the americans because we all know their game is completly diff to everyone elses but just like the idea of leagues playing against each other

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I saw the highlights today, im very proud of my fellow countryman blanco teaching everyone how we play football mexican style.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I honestly can't stand the MLS. Becks is the only world class player playing over here, and every time I've seen him play, he plays like he's in the middle of a testimonial.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've watched the last couple years of MLS. In years past, it looked like high school soccer - guys who have no skill but just bully people around. However, with the acquisitions of players like blanco and beckham the league's profile has jumped and there are many unknowns who i am suprised at their level of play.

We, the people in the united states, have said that the game of football (soccer) has been on the rise and ive thought there has been no real change. However, with the new developmental academies the talent pool is larger and it is truly growing.

Even steve nash wants to develop a new team. By the way, I heard that the MLS will expand to 18 teams in the next two years...

Here is what Curbishley had to say:

MLS Making Up Serious Ground, Says Hammers Boss
West Ham boss Alan Curbishley saw enough during his side's pre-season tour of North America to be convinced that Major League Soccer is headed in a very good direction.

Speaking after the Hammers' 3-2 defeat to the MLS All-Stars at a sold-out BMO Field in Toronto, Curbishley credited the powers that be in North American soccer for their work towards rapidly closing the gap on the top European leagues.

"The reason for the game was for the MLS to show off their riches and their talent and they've done that," he told local reporters.

"They showed they can compete.

"The MLS, and not just because of David Beckham, is gaining momentum week in and week out in Europe."

Two goals by star striker Dean Ashton were not enough for the Hammers on the night, but Curbishley told Sky Sports News that he was happy with the pre-season tour nonetheless.

"I was delighted to get through the game having picked up no injuries," he added. "All the clubs that come over for this game have done so in their pre-seasons and it's difficult for us.

"We're delighted to be invited. For us, we knew our profile in America and Canada was high, and it's got a bit bigger. We've enjoyed our week here."

"We've got four weeks before we start, and we've left four or five senior players back home in London, had a couple of players here, (Craig) Bellamy and (Mark) Noble, who couldn't play this evening.

West Ham kick off their Premier League campaign at home to Wigan Athletic on August 16.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have actually been to the BMO Field as it is called while i was on holiday in canada and the place makes the hockey stadium that the MK Dongs used to play in look good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts