Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the match on Wed and even though it can always be better, in my opinion the atmosphere was good.

On the way home I was listening to the radio in my car and one of our fans started having a rant about all these foreign fans coming from all over the place spoiling the atmosphere as it was dire!? There was also an announcement during the match for a guy who lived in Surrey which he also mentioned "was funny"???

I hate it when I hear our own fans say things like this and moan about "Cockney Mancs etc", this is partly beacuse I am from London mytself and I am just as much a great fan as anyone else! I was sitting next to a few locals and I was singing the loudest joining in on the atmosphere more than all of them!? One guy sitting next to me didn't join in on any of the songs but just moaned when the ball was given away..

What my point is that y can't fans just be happy that we are a Worldwide and very well supported club and our fans wil travel miles even from different countries to see the boys play!? For this fact I am very happy, the only thing is it's a lot harder for me to get tickets on a more regular basis :happy

Just for the record I am not moaning myself I just want others opinions on the matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
good post...:thumbsup:.i'm in total agreement with you,if you support a team it shouldn't matter where you are from...but i do think sometimes the fans with the cameras and don't even know which team is utd is a bit much..i was speaking to a steward a few weeks ago,he said that two foreign fans had the utd shirts on,had the scarf,but when the teams came out,one of them asked the steward which one is utd?...thats why the local manchester lads get a bit miffed sometimes i think.it's difficult when you follow a team that maybe isn't you're local side..mine should be millwall by rights...:(
but at the end of the day the revenue bought into the club by worldwide fans is immense...everyone to their own...but yep being called a c o c k n e y manc sometimes irritates the hell out of me...it's as if because i haven't got the right accent i dont know naff all....:whistling:
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
It makes me laugh all the comments about United supporters living down south in London/Surrey etc. I'm a season ticket holder at Old Trafford who lives over 50 miles NORTH of Manchester!!! So even Mancunians are southerners to me! :laugh:

There's a guy who sits a couple of rows behind me who's attended every home game this season and he has a cockney accent. He's either a dedicated fan who makes the trip up from London every game or, more likely, he's moved to Manchester.

As I, and many people on this forum, have said before it's not where you come from that matters - it's if it hurts when we lose, if you feel the joy when we win, if you support the club in whichever way that you can...if you love United then I couldn't give a toss whether you're from London or Timbuktu!!!
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Where were you sat? I thought the atmosphere in the East stand was poor, particularly the first half. Streford End were fantastic thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where were you sat? I thought the atmosphere in the East stand was poor, particularly the first half. Streford End were fantastic thought.
Fair Enough..

I was in south stand lower next to Stretford. You cant go wrong when your near or in Stertford End!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where were you sat? I thought the atmosphere in the East stand was poor, particularly the first half. Streford End were fantastic thought.
I was sat in south stand near Stretford End, you can't go wrong when your there or there abouts!
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
I was sat in south stand near Stretford End, you can't go wrong when your there or there abouts!
Yeah fair does I'm sure it was lively over there. Lol could you hear that Mr Portsmouth bloke ringing his bell for the entire 90 minutes?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
i'm never gonna critcize fans for where they come from and get into that your a better fan than me idiocy- total nonsense and waste of time...we all support the same team ffs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah fair does I'm sure it was lively over there. Lol could you hear that Mr Portsmouth bloke ringing his bell for the entire 90 minutes?!
Yeah he was doing my head in!! :wacko: I was talking to my bro about it during the match and all I cud imagine was this topless fatt idiot with a bell in his hand!! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,139 Posts
I was in the north stand and tbf it probably was the quietest part in the stadium but it was still a cracking atmosphere for me on my first time seeing a match at OT :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Fans should not be criticised, at the end of the day we all do support MUFC no matter where we all are from and if say someone lives in London and attends every game then so be it...

I have no problem with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
Fans should not be criticised, at the end of the day we all do support MUFC no matter where we all are from and if say someone lives in London and attends every game then so be it...

I have no problem with that.
hmm...not every one thinks the same..:)
 

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
Joined
·
25,242 Posts
I was born and raised in MCR and have supported UTD all my life. I left when I was 20 and went travelling, I've met UTD fans all over the world and am always happy to, including a guy in Israel that I gave my shirt to when I was on a Kibbutz. It doesn't matter where you come from, what your ethnicity is, what religion you are etc, we all fly the same flag and it's the team that unites us. I'm a proud red through and through. I don't get to many games as I have lived over seas for quite a long time, but I watch every game, even if I have to do it online, mostly in the pub with my mates. There's fans of other clubs come in and there's usually quite a bit of banter, which I enjoy immensley. My good friend is from Leeds and even he joins in with the songs when we start, apart from 'we all hate Leeds' lol. I do call myself a 5%er, but the other 95% are what makes us so great, without you guys we wouldn't be anything, you all count as far as I'm concerned.
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
I know i am a true Red myself, i don't need to prove this to anyone and who questions this will get no answer :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,017 Posts
I was born and raised in MCR and have supported UTD all my life. I left when I was 20 and went travelling, I've met UTD fans all over the world and am always happy to, including a guy in Israel that I gave my shirt to when I was on a Kibbutz. It doesn't matter where you come from, what your ethnicity is, what religion you are etc, we all fly the same flag and it's the team that unites us. I'm a proud red through and through. I don't get to many games as I have lived over seas for quite a long time, but I watch every game, even if I have to do it online, mostly in the pub with my mates. There's fans of other clubs come in and there's usually quite a bit of banter, which I enjoy immensley. My good friend is from Leeds and even he joins in with the songs when we start, apart from 'we all hate Leeds' lol. I do call myself a 5%er, but the other 95% are what makes us so great, without you guys we wouldn't be anything, you all count as far as I'm concerned.
Good post Carlo..!:thumbsup:
Just thought i'd highlight that bit because it's true doesn't matter where you come from or what your backround is, if you support United it's enough..!
People have to realise Manchester United is a global franchise with Fans in every part of the world.. So at Old Trafford regularly there is a high percentage of foreign fans or first-timers who are in attendance and they may not contribute to the atmosphere because of lack of knowledge of the songs etc.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
You do bloody moan for a man complaining about others moaning.

If your a foreign fan (I don't particulary love them myself tbh) then deal with getting told that you are one. Get over it.
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top