Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter Boss Jose Mourinho Facing Touchline Ban Against Manchester United?
'The Special One' could face a ban following his comments about the officiating in Tuesday's match at the San Siro...

25 Feb 2009 16:25:00
Photo Gallery Zoom
Related Links
Teams
Inter
Manchester United
Players
José Mario Mourinho
Inter and Manchester United were involved in a scoreless stalemate in Milan in the first-leg of their Champions League round of 16 contest.

However, for the second-leg, Inter may have to do without their coach Jose Mourinho in the dug-out, as his comments regarding Spanish official Luis Medina Cantelejo are being investigated by UEFA, according to Football365.

"Maybe in the second game we will have a referee who is on our side. "If we go to Old Trafford and we don't have the same referee - but we have one who will give the away team so much protection - then my team will get to the quarter-final," suggested the former Porto boss.

"I don't want to go into details of things like how we didn't have a penalty. Everything was against us, every little detail. You watch how many free-kicks they had and we had. The way we got yellow cards and they did not. I think the tendency was clear."

During the match, Cantelejo booked substitute goalkeeper Francesco Toldo on the bench, for his protests from the touchline.

It remains to be seen whether the Portuguese tactician's remarks force him to watch from the stands at Old Trafford for the second-leg, in the event of a touchline ban for 'The Special One.

again its goal.com so who knows:mellow:

personally he deserves a kick up the b-hind but a ban mite do just nicely

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Don't see why he would get a ban? That "scuffle" on the sideline was with the players wasn't it?

And then the obvious point.... Goal.com

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't see why he would get a ban? That "scuffle" on the sideline was with the players wasn't it?

And then the obvious point.... Goal.com
sorry had some probs stickin in the article:redface:. more so his comments post match. id have given him some credit if he just admitted his team were poor

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think what's happening is fairly simple. He's having his players hack our players, then going public about the unfair refs to get his team some more slack. I personally think the fouls and free kicks will be the least of his worries when Inter come to Old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think what's happening is fairly simple. He's having his players hack our players, then going public about the unfair refs to get his team some more slack. I personally think the fouls and free kicks will be the least of his worries when Inter come to Old Trafford.
and tht his team are not up to our standard. wouldnt be first time mourinho abused a ref, anyone remember anders frisk and wat happened him?!:red:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Consider that in Italy the ref would have given not only 1 penalty for that on Adriano, but at least 2

Inter have been doing like that for 2 years in Serie A

They're not used to have legal referees, so a normal one means partial against them

Z

·
0 Posts
Consider that in Italy the ref would have given not only 1 penalty for that on Adriano, but at least 2

Inter have been doing like that for 2 years in Serie A

They're not used to have legal referees, so a normal one means partial against them
It was in Italy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
773 Posts
He was frustrated when we did really when in the match...Our defend disturbing Mourinho's moral value....Huhu, sadly he didn't get the touchline ban, if that happen actually it will affect the team display really..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts