Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you will know, all forums on the internet have to have some kind of moderation on them to make sure that inappropriate content isn't put onto the web…

What are your feelings on this forums moderation?

Are debates stopped?

Are you more hesitant about what you write knowing that you could be banned?

:)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
the moderation in this forum is great...they get rid of the spammers,scammers and oppositon fans if they behave in the forum badly....
any debate that is getting out of hand is stopped then and there.....but if the debate is healthy then they dont do anything but will monitor it to see if it gets out of hand......
and yes i am sometimes hesitant of what i write although only sometimes......

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
^Ditto! All these threads which ue hve created will be a whole lot betta' if only ue could post this in the correct section, which is in 'The Pub'!! ;)
And back to the point, the moderation of this forum is quite excellent. I will give it 4 out of 5 stars. akash_reds hve mostly pointed out what I'm about to say actually. We would gladly welcome opositions fans with open arms provided that they keep their promises that they would not create a whole lot of havoc in our forum. The moderators over here would get rid of any spammers, scammers & hostile users almost instantly if spotted.
However one thing that I wish to air my personal opinion on is the strictness of the user's posts. Sometimes ppl over here may love to joke about & in case they apply some vulgarities like 'damn', 'sucks', '*****' & etc., they should learn how to differentiate when the user's using the term in a mere joking way or in a serious way in which he or she is hostile & unfriendly towards other users. Moderators like -zuco- should actually chill down & think about it when they banned users in that kind of situations. For eg, I received a 24-hr ban from him when akash_reds was being arrogant & little proud. I rmb I said something like.....

'Hey akash, don't be too c o c k y, ue little feckin' pup! :D :p '(yes, the emoticons were included too)

And that's how I received my ban with juz' a mere cheeky post asking akash not to gt too arrogant.....

Sometimes, they need to learn how to take their life in a more casual way! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no really...

I thought this would be the best place to post them as it was more formal...

Is there any way I can maybe move them across or should I post to tell people there's some questions in this section if they would be willing to help?

I literally have 3 more maximum to ask...

Thanks
Marie

red_devils4life said:
^Ditto! All these threads which ue hve created will be a whole lot betta' if only ue could post this in the correct section, which is in 'The Pub'!! ;)
And back to the point, the moderation of this forum is quite excellent. I will give it 4 out of 5 stars. akash_reds hve mostly pointed out what I'm about to say actually. We would gladly welcome opositions fans with open arms provided that they keep their promises that they would not create a whole lot of havoc in our forum. The moderators over here would get rid of any spammers, scammers & hostile users almost instantly if spotted.
However one thing that I wish to air my personal opinion on is the strictness of the user's posts. Sometimes ppl over here may love to joke about & in case they apply some vulgarities like 'damn', 'sucks', '*****' & etc., they should learn how to differentiate when the user's using the term in a mere joking way or in a serious way in which he or she is hostile & unfriendly towards other users. Moderators like -zuco- should actually chill down & think about it when they banned users in that kind of situations. For eg, I received a 24-hr ban from him when akash_reds was being arrogant & little proud. I rmb I said something like.....

'Hey akash, don't be too c o c k y, ue little feckin' pup! :D :p '(yes, the emoticons were included too)

And that's how I received my ban with juz' a mere cheeky post asking akash not to gt too arrogant.....

Sometimes, they need to learn how to take their life in a more casual way! ;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes, deffo'! It's very easy, ue know what's the PM addition for don't u? Juz sent a PM to any of the moderators, asking them to do so will help....anyway, that's the moderation of this forum too! :D

PM -zuco- ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think so :S

Thanks for your help

red_devils4life said:
Yes, deffo'! It's very easy, ue know what's the PM addition for don't u? Juz sent a PM to any of the moderators, asking them to do so will help....anyway, that's the moderation of this forum too! :D

PM -zuco- ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
This forum is trying to appeal to people of all ages so the rules about swearing are stricter here than on other forums I post on but the mods on here give everyone fair warning of the rules of the forum and whenever I've asked them a question their response has always been quick and helpful.

·
23,699 Posts
This is actually a very sensitive but interesting topic that requires careful and positive response. Worth losing some sleep though to do this before I retire to bed and face the consequences, if any, tomorrow. Hope not. Lol...

I came from a war-zone type of forum which houses all rival fans under one roof, whereby abuse is the name of the game (I must be one of the most modest ones, relying on reasons and arguments) and the moderators/editors actually encourage, explicitly or implicitly, strong and controversial stand of views. I didn't once see the moderators/editors intervene in the short stint there; even if you were to scream "Mod!", nobody cares! It literally is an open battlefield there where you have to fend for yourself and hopefully some common fans help you out. There is no PM available too and any message is transmitted right there in the forum. To make matters worse, the moderators/editors are most probably your rival fans (one actually told me he hates United and looking forward to cross swords with me in future!) and would purposefully generate controversial topics based on current newsflow for rival fans to battle it out. Indeed intoxicating at first but I soon got bored and tired of it and finally decided to seek some solace amongst my common fans. And I landed here.

[Not going to reveal the forum lest many hot-blooded and hormonal members will flock there looking for blood. Lol.]

So it was really a drastic but pleasant change here, where almost everybody here are common fans. I must say the moderation has certainly tightened since I first joined, albeit for a good and worthy cause. 'Indemnity' at the shoutbox is now a bane, for example, all for the sake of the good reputation and in upkeeping a healthy and clean forum for people of all ages. In principle, I have no qualms about that. As long as it is fair and consistent, as long as it applies across the board, as long as there is nothing personal, I believe every rule will be respected and every punishment accepted, for the progress of the forum.

I love this forum and have already confessed my addiction, though trying hard to curb. This forum is honestly great with "a little bit of everything thrown in" for the umpteenth time I would say. The only thing I think MAY have just a wee little room to improve on is a little flexibility and a little more use of common sense. Of course I don't mean liberal swearings, abuses, personal insults or usage of language but understanding that there is a big difference between being naughty and being naughty at play, and that intention and context is sometimes more important than expression and form. But to be fair too, a fair amount of warnings usually ensue before any affirmative action taken. Just thinking out loud, no matter or issue to pursue.

At the end of the day, no matter what controversy or difference or disagreement, hope we will all remember that most of us here are just die-hard United fans, sharing the same love for the same Club.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
The mods here are incredible! They are easy to talk to and don't look down on
you because of their status. They all share a laugh and also do their job brilliantly.
The content is watched and itf something is unacceptable, it's dealt with in a
professional manner with little fuss. Also the behind the scenes work that they do
is unreal. They say the forum, wouldn't last without the members, really it
wouldn't last without those mods, and admins of course!

·
Banned
836 Posts
I would like to see an improvement on forum moderation on this forum, more unrivaled debates and threads, that's all I've got to say on this subject.
People are whining and bitching about daft things, like the AIG/Glazer debates, the way Man Utd is abbreviated as in, true fans do not say 'Man U', etc. etc.

This is a Manchester United forum, we do not rival each other because all support and love the same club, maybe the problem is starting from rivaled supporters registering on this forum to cause a nuisance to other members etc.

But that's all I have to say.

PS: My reaction to this thread, is that Ronaldo is a fantastic player and he is what we call now as an "entertainer", yeah he might not be what you call an old fashioned rock hard player but there's a new breed of footballer now and Ronaldo is one of them, he might do unecessary tricks, he might not always have an end product, but his purpose is to enjoy his football and entertain people, and these dinosaurs in the studio are too retarded to realise that.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
I got banned for calling a mod an (deleted) no sweat though.

Need to moderate the stupidity on this forum, not the language.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
red_devils4life'Hey akash said:
feckin'[/b] pup! :D :p '(yes, the emoticons were included too);)
And you have just done it again, tell me one good reason why I should not ban you NOW? If you wish to "try it on" please let me know so I can be on hand.

Marie: In answer to your question which is obviously causing some friction amongst the less informed or "won't listen" section:

1. moderation is important and is used to reflect the site owners wishes for the members use of HIS forum. Moderators and Admin are appointed by said owner to enforce his policy.

2. The owner dicates rules; if people do not like it, then they can leave voluntarily, or otherwise.

3. The SITE OWNER stipulates no swearing. He wants a clean site where Manchester United fans of any age can gather and intelligently discuss their common denominator - United.

4. He also pays for this forum out of his own pocket and therefore stipulates that anybody who wants to advertise any other site on this forum, they pay a stipulated fee of $15US per month.

If people do not like this then please contact me via pm and I will gladly remove you from the forum.

Justice said:
I got banned for calling a mod an (deleted), no sweat though.

Need to moderate the stupidity on this forum, not the language.
You want another?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Moderation is vital to the well-being of a forum.

Some forums are more strict than others etc. This place has become extremely strict over the last few weeks, perhaps a bit OTT, excuse the pun!!!

However, as the forum grows and more members, and more idiots and trouble makers, join, moderation will be vital.

It is vital to have a solid base and standard established so any trouble in the future is quickly dealt with.

I personally, was the recipient of a ban(s) here, perhaps unfairly on one occasion, but I fully understand the objectives of the owners/admin.

I am on my last warning now, which I honestly believe is wrong and unfair as I have always done my best to help and support this great forum since I joined.

I am all for moderation and as long as people are allowed to speak freely on here and voice their opinions, without being abusive or using vulgar language, then it is fine.

I have to admit, I am even afraid typing this post of being banned, which I believe is wrong as I'm only voicing my opinion.

And afterall this is a "forum"!!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
To be fair some moderation is needed but it think it has started to go over the top, i post at other forums where there are now no moderators and they are doing very well. This new style of forum is more of a family atmospehre which is good to attract young fans but it has removed alot of the enjoyment i used ot have posting here.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Moderation is vital to the well-being of a forum.

Some forums are more strict than others etc. This place has become extremely strict over the last few weeks, perhaps a bit OTT, excuse the pun!!!

However, as the forum grows and more members, and more idiots and trouble makers, join, moderation will be vital.

It is vital to have a solid base and standard established so any trouble in the future is quickly dealt with.

I personally, was the recipient of a ban(s) here, perhaps unfairly on one occasion, but I fully understand the objectives of the owners/admin.

I am on my last warning now, which I honestly believe is wrong and unfair as I have always done my best to help and support this great forum since I joined.

I am all for moderation and as long as people are allowed to speak freely on here and voice their opinions, without being abusive or using vulgar language, then it is fine.

I have to admit, I am even afraid typing this post of being banned, which I believe is wrong as I'm only voicing my opinion.

And afterall this is a "forum"!!!
Very good post K4 and one to be "proud" of. I am not being condescending either. You expressed an opinion in a forthright and elegant manner - what are you on? Can I have 100grams of it ;)?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Red Devil said:
And you have just done it again, tell me one good reason why I should not ban you NOW? If you wish to "try it on" please let me know so I can be on hand.

You want another?
B'coz I'm juz' merely explaining things over that matter so that any members will know what happened exactly on that uneventful day?? :rolleyes:
May I ask ue what's does the term 'forum' stands for??
Forum: A meeting place where people assemble together for the discussion of questions of public interest where he or she may voice out their own personal views over that particular topic. ;)

Nah, there's not a need to. So shuddup! (I guess there's not a single vulgarity nor sign(s) of disrespectfulness in my post? :))

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
red_devils4life said:
B'coz I'm juz' merely explaining things over that matter so that any members will know what happened exactly on that uneventful day??
May I ask ue what's does the term 'forum' stands for??
Forum: A meeting place where people assemble together for the discussion of questions of public interest where he or she may voice out their own personal views over that particular topic.

Nah, there's not a need to. So shuddup! (I guess there's not a single vulgarity nor sign(s) of disrespectfulness in my post? :))
Forum: as you said but without vulgarity ;) And no, you said nothing considered even earning a warning let alone bannable. You can't say I am not fair!! :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
as a moderator on a celtic forum i have to say the mods here are very good,its a tougher job than most people imagine,mods get little credit for the time and effort they spend clearing out the trashso from this moderator to all the mods on here...keep up the good work...your doing a great job..;)

1 - 20 of 145 Posts