Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been named Premier League Manager of the Month for January.

The Red Devils came through the month with a 100 per cent record and without conceding a single goal.

January also saw United break the Premier League record for consecutive clean sheets when they secured their 11th against West Brom at The Hawthorns.

United's run has seen them climb to the top of the table, where they now find themselves two points clear of second place Liverpool with a game in hand.

The reigning champions began the month with a comprehensive 3-0 win at home to Chelsea before dispatching Wigan three days later, thanks to a solitary Wayne Rooney goal.

United then managed their second successive 1-0 win when a late Dimitar Berbatov header was enough to see off Bolton at The Reebok.

A 5-0 thumping of bottom-of-the-table West Brom followed, with Berbatov, Carlos Tevez, Nemanja Vidic and a brace from Cristiano Ronaldo securing the victory.

Finally a Ronaldo penalty gave Ferguson's men their third 1-0 win of the month when they overcame a stubborn Everton side at Old Trafford.

The decision was the 22nd time the Scot had picked up the Manager of the Month award during his career at Old Trafford.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4901476,00.html

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has picked up the January Player of the Month award.

The centre-half makes it a double celebration for United, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson being named Manager of the Month.

The 27-year-old has been the one mainstay at the heart of a defence that has had to adapt to different personnel with each passing game.

Injuries to Patrice Evra, Wes Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and Rio Ferdinand have all kept them on the sidelines at some point this month but the Serbian international has been an ever present.

Ferguson's side won all of their matches in January without conceding a single goal, something which Vidic can take plenty of responsibility for having played in every single minute of all five league encounters.
Solid

The former Red Star Belgrade and Spartak Moscow man also played his part in helping goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar beat the Premier League record for consecutive shutouts in the 5-0 win at West Brom, taking their total to 11.

The Serbian international has also been a threat at the other end with two goals.

The centre-half opened the scoring against Chelsea in the side's 3-0 triumph at the start of the month and added the third from a corner in the 5-0 win against the Baggies ten days ago.

It is the first time Vidic has picked up the award during his three years at the club

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4901927,00.html

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Vida is one of our best players this season and this prize is just a small recognition to his efforts. Let's hope the big prizez will come at the end of the season. As for Fergie, it doesn't surprises me at all. If the team is working well than not only the players are congratulated but the manager as well. I wonder what is he doing with all of these "manager of the month" awards cause' i bet he has a lot of them:) guess he sells them on ebay:D

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
fully deserved on both counts.
we've had a cracking return from japan, with some really good wins, notably chelsea and west brom, but not forgetting bolton in the last minute and everton.
vidic has been immense, cant think of anyone anywhere that could compete with them.
here's to another good month

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
Congrats Vida and Fergie. Well deserved. Can anyone tell me all the winners this year. I know O'Neill, Scolari, Fergie and Benitez. And Young, Deco, Gerrard and Vida.

Vida has been sensational this season and has been the main reason that we have got the clean sheet record.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
Congrats Vida and Fergie. Well deserved. Can anyone tell me all the winners this year. I know O'Neill, Scolari, Fergie and Benitez. And Young, Deco, Gerrard and Vida.

Vida has been sensational this season and has been the main reason that we have got the clean sheet record.
i think young got it twice :confused:

ya and hes prob one of the main reason were top too hes been sensational this season

·
8,772 Posts
cantos red army said:
i think young got it twice :confused:

ya and hes prob one of the main reason were top too hes been sensational this season

I got it. It was Young twice, Deco, Anelka, Vida and Lampard. Gerrard won players player of the month for January

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
I got it. It was Young twice, Deco, Anelka, Vida and Lampard. Gerrard won players player of the month for January
there's a players player of the month now too :confused: ! tw how do chelski have so many players getting it :eek: there ***** :p

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
cantos red army said:
there's a players player of the month now too :confused: ! tw how do chelski have so many players getting it :eek: there ***** :p

never heard of this before:confused: it's the first time. is it real?or it's the player of the month award or someone just made a confusion? not acusing somebody of anything:eek: i realy never heard of it:p

·
8,772 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
never heard of this before:confused: it's the first time. is it real?or it's the player of the month award or someone just made a confusion? not acusing somebody of anything:eek: i realy never heard of it:p
It might just be a fans one or in a magazine. It might not matter or anything. I just saw it on Setanta Sports Nes a couple of days ago

S

·
0 Posts
Nice to see Vida winning . :)

As for Sir Alex....well what is there left to say ?

FA Premier League Manager of the Year: 1993–94, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–00, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08

FA Premier League Manager of the Month: August 1993, October 1994, February 1996, March 1996, February 1997, October 1997, January 1999, April 1999, August 1999, March 2000, April 2000, February 2001, April 2003, December 2003, February 2005, March 2006, August 2006, October 2006, February 2007, January 2008, March 2008, January 2009

Get in there SAF. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
cantos red army said:
thanks for clearing that up man! was getting confused ha!

finally good to see vida getting some recognition hes s criminally under rated by opposition fans its unreal
and not only...still can't believe him or Rio didn't win the Uefa best defender for last season's Champions League campain. I don't know if those who voted for Terry have a little bit of brain inside their heads.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
and not only...still can't believe him or Rio didn't win the Uefa best defender for last season's Champions League campain. I don't know if those who voted for Terry have a little bit of brain inside their heads.
rio was the best defender in europe by a country mile last season but vidas been great evry since he settled into the club! best defender in the world imo

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
marty davidson said:
Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has picked up the January Player of the Month award.

The centre-half makes it a double celebration for United, with boss Sir Alex Ferguson being named Manager of the Month.

The 27-year-old has been the one mainstay at the heart of a defence that has had to adapt to different personnel with each passing game.

Injuries to Patrice Evra, Wes Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Gary Neville, Jonny Evans and Rio Ferdinand have all kept them on the sidelines at some point this month but the Serbian international has been an ever present.

Ferguson's side won all of their matches in January without conceding a single goal, something which Vidic can take plenty of responsibility for having played in every single minute of all five league encounters.
Solid

The former Red Star Belgrade and Spartak Moscow man also played his part in helping goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar beat the Premier League record for consecutive shutouts in the 5-0 win at West Brom, taking their total to 11.

The Serbian international has also been a threat at the other end with two goals.

The centre-half opened the scoring against Chelsea in the side's 3-0 triumph at the start of the month and added the third from a corner in the 5-0 win against the Baggies ten days ago.

It is the first time Vidic has picked up the award during his three years at the club

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4901927,00.html
But i thought Berba had won the Man of the month award or are they both seperate - if so thats good that the 2 best players of Jan are both rewarded

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Vidic + Ferguson --- The best professionals around !

Well done to them, greatly deserve it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts