Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Goal.com

Massimo Moratti has hailed English football and has described it as the strongest in the world.

The FC Internazionale owner admits that he was surprised by AS Roma's defeat in the Uefa Champions League to Barclays Premiership reigning champions Manchester United on Tuesday night and he still believes his side will win the scudetto come May. Moratti also had some words about the English game.

“I wasn't expecting it, English football is now the strongest, over all the others, but I was surprised by Roma's result,†Moratti told Italia Uno.

“However we must remember that Roma were without Francesco Totti and it's always difficult against a side like Manchester United.â€

The Nerazzurri have not been in the greatest of form recently and there were fears that the would throw the scudetto away but Moratti doesn't think this is the case.

“We hope that we can be in form becuase this season's finale is posing us some difficult objectives," he said.

“The season has been long and hard but we need to bite our lip and hold out until the end.

“Both us and Roma have been hampered by a string of injuries to our first-team players. I know this should be no excuse but they are the real facts.

“Unfortunately we have missed some big players through injury this season but we shouldn't let this affect us now, in fact it should be seen as motivation that we have coped without them.â€

Inter Milan are still leading Italian Serie A and it looks likely that they will be crowned Champions for the third time in as many years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts