Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants points for goals - Telegraph

i persernally think arsen wenger is a smart man. by doing this it will increase the positivity surrounding football overall. teams like stoke and bolton who park a bus on their net will have to play football at last!.

this can only be good for football. you dont play with 10 in defence and 1 tall player who cant control the ball to save his life with the shity long balls coming in.

it will also increase the fluditicy within the premirship by teams seeking out players than has ball control and can score a goal when they need.

in the end its the best team who wins. not the team who can stall the most.

quote “In the long term that could be detrimental to the quality of the game here.

teams who play defensivly and dont aim high and preventing other teams whoo want to aim high slowing their process down.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
No, that`s bloody nonsense.
A team is not considered an attacking side just because it scores 5 goals per match. Manchester United are considered an attacking side, right? Yet they don`t score plenty of goals each match, but are very creative upfront. That`s what i call an attacking side personally. It`s difficult to score big amount of goals against the class defenders we have to face day in, day out.

The best team is not necessarily who scores the most goals, and we SHOULD know more than anyone else about this ! Fine, good number of goals proves you have got a good attacking side, yet to judge each match on your goals scored .. Nah. Our teams need to adjust on the type of opponents they`re facing. End of.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that`s bloody nonsense.
A team is not considered an attacking side just because it scores 5 goals per match. Manchester United are considered an attacking side, right? Yet they don`t score plenty of goals each match, but are very creative upfront. That`s what i call an attacking side personally. It`s difficult to score big amount of goals against the class defenders we have to face day in, day out.

The best team is not necessarily who scores the most goals, and we SHOULD know more than anyone else about this ! Fine, good number of goals proves you have got a good attacking side, yet to judge each match on your goals scored .. Nah. Our teams need to adjust on the type of opponents they`re facing. End of.
forget that last

arsen wenger is just trying to increase the attacking side of premirship. which is a good idea. i hate teams who stall for points. i hate when united do it like against barcelona

this expression of "grinding out results" is nonsence your eithar deserve to win or deserve to lose

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
we should be able to score loads of goals if were so good at attacking...

it will increase the appetite of players to get goals
We are a good attacking side, why should we question that :confused: But our defensive opponents are as good, we can underestimate them all we want but that is not the reality.
Our players should enjoy football, not put them under more pressure than they actually are. Pressure is good, but why should we put them on an extra more pressure when they`re still 2-0 and have the chance to be more comfortable in the last 15 minutes yet the points are determined on goals and they end up in them ******* it all up because that`s what big pressure does.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
forget that last

arsen wenger is just trying to increase the attacking side of premirship. which is a good idea. i hate teams who stall for points. i hate when united do it like against barcelona

this expression of "grinding out results" is nonsence your eithar deserve to win or deserve to lose
Its not grinding out results. A 1-0 win should NEVER be considered as one especially when we play against a good enough team. What for should we expect a lot of goals when we know the opponent`s class? What`s wrong in what United did against Barcelona?

And this is what pressure brings .. Just look at Arsenal and Liverpool. A lot of added pressure at the begining of the season, a lot of airy expectations. And look at the outcome on May.

Football is not as easy .. You win the league with those 1-0 results and never say die attitude. That`s what i call all those so called "grinding out results" - COURAGE and FIGHTING SPIRIT until the last second because a 1-0 is never a comfortable position. All that added pressure kills those last 2 characteristics i mentioned.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Look what happened with F1,they scrapped points for Wins Only and that lasted all of 2 minutes,why? Because 99% of teams voted against it.How many teams do you think would approve of this? 6 max,also its stupid because if you lose 4-3 ,your only gonna have 1 less point than someone who won 1-0,so hows that fair!!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
This is just desperate from Wenger, the only reason he's doing this is because his team isn't tactically good enough to break down teams who sit back and defend so he wants to make a law that means they make it easy for them.

If he's getting tactically out done by weaker teams he should learn to ******* deal with it and make his own tactics work.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well considering we are nearly always top scorers I'm all for it;)

But seriously, I think that you should get zero points for a 0-0 draw, and 1 point for a score draw.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Well considering we are nearly always top scorers I'm all for it;)

But seriously, I think that you should get zero points for a 0-0 draw, and 1 point for a score draw.
Thats ridiculous, people battle for a clean sheet and get the same amount of points as they would for a loss. Think about it.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Thats ridiculous, people battle for a clean sheet and get the same amount of points as they would for a loss. Think about it.
I miss typed my post. I mean 1 point for a scoreless draw, 2 for a score draw and 3 for a win.

That probably wouldn't work either, but I do think that you should get more for a score draw than a goalless one.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
One of the common criticisms from our cousins across the pond
is that a lot of the time "EPL games" finish in draws. Whereas they
have "overtime" in most of their sports. Naturally, extra time would
add 30 minutes to every match but imagine the teams in the last
10 minutes attacking to avoid those extra 30 minutes or so.

I think draws are boring and most of the time I'd rather see my team
lose.

Extra points for a score draw would make no sense whatsoever.

Teams would score own goals at 0-0 for an extra point.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
One of the common criticisms from our cousins across the pond
is that a lot of the time "EPL games" finish in draws. Whereas they
have "overtime" in most of their sports. Naturally, extra time would
add 30 minutes to every match but imagine the teams in the last
10 minutes attacking to avoid those extra 30 minutes or so.

I think draws are boring and most of the time I'd rather see my team
lose.

Extra points for a score draw would make no sense whatsoever.

Teams would score own goals at 0-0 for an extra point.
What`s your priority? Watching great football or Manchester United?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
:confused: Are you serious?
Yes, I am.

I'm not as interested in the results of the team, I don't draw
trophies or look up our major honours list. For me it's more about
supporting the team, no matter what. I'm going to the match
tomorrow and whether we win or lose I don't really care, what
matters is that all our true supporters sing their heart out for
the team. I'd gladly sell our "superstars" and be reborn as a mid
table team with a core group of 20 year old lads with courage,
loyalty, enthusiasm and ambition. Every day you read about
Trebles, Quintuples and the like, it doesn't phase me one bit,
newspapers need to fill their pages. For me, it's about supporting,
home matches, away matches, the buzz, it's my calling, I still
remember when I was a lot younger and I'd run with the pack
home and away, that was my calling.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Yes, I am.

I'm not as interested in the results of the team, I don't draw
trophies or look up our major honours list. For me it's more about
supporting the team
, no matter what. I'm going to the match
tomorrow and whether we win or lose I don't really care, what
matters is that all our true supporters sing their heart out for
the team. I'd gladly sell our "superstars" and be reborn as a mid
table team with a core group of 20 year old lads with courage,
loyalty, enthusiasm and ambition. Every day you read about
Trebles, Quintuples and the like, it doesn't phase me one bit,
newspapers need to fill their pages. For me, it's about supporting,
home matches, away matches, the buzz, it's my calling, I still
remember when I was a lot younger and I'd run with the pack
home and away, that was my calling.
If you really supported the team you'd want to get a draw rather than a loss surely

1 - 20 of 31 Posts