Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In time, Benitez will lead us back to where Liverpool belong using that stolen gold - our bedrock and the methods we never should have abandoned - the Liverpool way of playing. But in the meantime we will now need amongst both fans and Rafa's bosses the other quality that was prevalent at our club - even in the bad times in the 1970's and 80's, patience, on and off the pitch. If we wait, then soon enough, it will be the MANCS that lose their revered leader in Alex Ferguson, it will be THEM that have the problems in replacing him, it will be THEM that face massive upheaval AND replacing their great players who are now much older like Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, the wantaway Ronaldo and even Berbatov whose no spring chicken. Then? Who is best placed to take advantage? Not Arsenal - sunk in strife and with a multi million pound stadium to pay for, not Chelsea where a revolving door has replaced the management hiring policy and CERTAINLY not Aston Villa who wouldn't know how to sustain a title challenge with such a small squad, even WITH Martin O'Neill and his ability at the helm.

No, It will be US, waiting to pounce in an almost EXACT reversal of the situation in 1991 when WE were the ones tottering and Fergie had a hungry, young squad - NOW, it will be us that is ready to pounce, soon, very soon, Fergie WILL go and when he does? Rafa and Liverpool will be waiting - Why do you think he's staying on desperately there as long as possible? Like some ageing gunslinger whose long since lost his edge? :D It's because of us and both clubs and their fans know it. Anyway, that's how I think matters stand at the moment. The beauty of it is that we may not even have to wait for Fergie to go as given some luck (for once) in the Title Race this season, we might just give him the final push ourselves and how sweet would that be? Do you remember how a United Title victory started to seem inevitable as the end of 1991/1992 approached and how although they lost out that year - everyone almost KNEW they'd do it in 1992/1993? Well, that's how I think matters are starting to seem with Liverpool - Even IF we don't do it this year, a Liverpool Title is becoming all but inevitable now and there's NOTHING Ferguson can do about it and you know what? He knows this as well as we do. I really do think that either we'll give him the final push this year or if he wins it, he'll go.

Fergie's kept us at bay for years but isn't getting any younger and can't do this for much longer I think, He sees in Rafa' a younger manager as determined as HE once was to achieve everything HE has and he knows that eventually, that man will stand alongside him in the Record Books of Management given half a chance - If I had to say Fergie is anything this season, it is tired looking and why? I think Rafa's relentless hunting down of United's position has an awful lot to do with it and now? Now, Rafa's positioning himself to make the kill and everyone can see it coming. Why do you think the Mancs and their media whores and fans are chattering so much and thrashing around, going on about how they hate us etc? Animals and prey always make a lot of noise just before you kill them and that's exactly what's going to happen to the Old Trafford beast that Fergie created and he knows it - You can see it in his every action with regard to us - He may hate us but he always knew I think that ONE day, the end of his legacy - the destruction of his greatest desire - his ambition to overhaul us permanently would come from Anfield and now? Rafa' the executioner is sharpening his axe in quiet preparation to rein him in with finality knowing that his greatest weapon is time - After all, not even United and Fergie can defy time, no-one can. Their end at the top is coming; They know it, just as they know that Rafa' will be the man who enacts that ending upon them as surely as night follows day......................................

Some ageing gunslinger who's long lost his edge!!!!!! In the year we are going for the QUINTUPLE!!! Wow, delusional or what.

Z

·
0 Posts
It's quite a sick post really. The Kopite who wrote it is saying he hopes the pressure of a title race will kill Fergie. It's not surprising though. Almost two decades without a league title has turned most Scousers into bitter, twisted people who enjoy singing about the Munich dead and would love nothing more than to see our players and manager die.

They're a truly desperate bunch. I only hope that their drought continues and they don't win a league title for many years to come. They seem to be under the impression that they have a God given right to be the best team in the country, when in fact they more often than not employ some of the most negative tactics in the league. They had six defenders on the pitch against Portsmouth for fucks sake.

The bit about the constant pressure that Rafa has allegedly been forcing upon Sir Alex was quite funny. Someone should remind this clown just who's manager is cracking up.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Instead of thinking about his teams chances this season this nutbolt is waiting for Ferguson to retire so that he they can 'pounce'. He is trying to compare their history with ours and sees Benitez as the next Fergie :eek: :D . He thinks Rafa will guide them to Premier League title when he hasn't been able to do it in the last 4 years :eek:

Even IF we don't do it this year, a Liverpool Title is becoming all but inevitable now and there's NOTHING Ferguson can do about it and you know what? He knows this as well as we do.
That statement really sums up what the Scousers have been thinking for 19 long years! Even if we don't win this year.....we'll win next year as if the title is going to come walking to the analfield :rolleyes:

According to him Fergie gone = United gone! What an idiot! I guess this has to be expected from the Scousers! :D :D :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Liverpool forums have slid into a paranoid delusion that all things in football are controlled by SAF including Refs, Fixtures, results in non Man U games, New World Order, Illuminati, Ghosts and Goblins and the tooth fairy.

The funniest thing is that Rafa has fallen for this conspiracy too, he is reading to many forms i think!!

There was some bloke on 606 yesterday going on about how Fergie controls everything cos he has been a manager so long and poor Liverpool have never had any money to spend !!! even Spoony (a 'pool fan) was embarassed i think !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The thing that gets to me about this post, is the fact that even if we win the league now. They will be all "Oh well, like (Insert name of that scouse **** who posted that.) says. When Fergie retires we will win everything! :D". It's as if, to them. They have won the league or whatever anyway, I wish there was some way to put that thieving penniless **** in his place.

I hate the damn scousers!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Out of all our recent title winning years i've never felt as relaxed about the league as this years. I feel we havn't even played our best football over the majority of the season so far.
Our aging stars are been eased out, this happens every team. And Rio and Berba will be here in 4years.

The future looks bright, the future is Uniteds.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
tony smyth said:
If we wait, then soon enough, it will be the MANCS that lose their revered leader in Alex Ferguson, it will be THEM that have the problems in replacing him, it will be THEM that face massive upheaval AND replacing their great players who are now much older like Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, the wantaway Ronaldo and even Berbatov whose no spring chicken.
A club of our stature will have our pick of World class managers.

Nani, Tosic, Anderson, Evans, Rafael etc are currently learning from the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville and will eventually replace them.

Ferdinand is 30 and Berbatov is 28. So is he worried about replacing Carragher who is 31 and Gerrard who is 28? :rolleyes:

As for Ronaldo, who knows what will happen but if we do sell him then the transfer fee we'll get will mean we can afford to buy not only a World class replacement but another 1 or 2 World class players too.

So :p to him!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah this is like the crap spouted at me, when i work behind enemy lines in scouseland.

Drivel and like a stuck record.

This is almost as regular as the "18 and 5" thrown at me, everytime i mention united playing well, winning things and dominating teams.

"You'll always be in our shadow in europe" is another.

So much so, my bin dipping loving colleagues that without the visionary Sir Matt, nobody from england would have entered european competition!

Liverfool wont win the league with the waiter in charge as he tinkers with the team far too much and when they get beat, spits his dummy out and accuses us of things going for us! Awww Diddums.

As for the wizard being replaced. Just wait and see who we get, it will P you shower off.

One Love - MUFC. :cool:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't even know what to say. I hate Liverpool fans' blinkered vision of football. Never have a met such a biased group of people. I know very few, if any, Liverpool fans who look at football from an even slightly balanced perspective. I meet plenty of Everton, Arsenal, even the odd Chelsea fans who take a realistic viewpoint of football; but the scouse arrogance just blinds them from seeing the world from any other perspective than that anything scouse is, and deserves to be, the greatest thing in the world.

I hate em!

·
Registered
104 Posts
scouse pillock said:
Why do you think he's staying on desperately there as long as possible? Like some ageing gunslinger whose long since lost his edge? :D
:D :D :D

Lost his edge? English, European and World Champions? God help the rest of football if Ferguson finds his edge. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts