Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some pictures from MUTV, it looks like some kind of mosaic similar to the 20LEGEND is going to be unveiled against Newcastle tomorrow.

What looks like outlines of nike symbols are on either side of the lower north stand ??

Anyone heard anything on this???

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Nope....:eek:

Hopefully there will be something like that because it really adds to the
atmosphere IMO.

I'm off so bye bye! OT here I come! :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
"Berbatov is coming!" :D

It better not be "BELIEVE". thats cheesy as hell IMO.

Keaneo hope you have a good time mate, lucky b****** :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I've heard from another forum that it will say "More goals now please" - FFS 'believe' was bad enough but this is going too far, I mean who the hell comes up with this stuff?

Can't we just do what Milan do - they have a mosaic of a devil which is far better.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I heard this too. Its pretty cringe worthy, but I also heard that its happening
at loads of grounds for some reason, so its not just us lol

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It was split onto three stands, West. North and East. On the West, it said MORE, on the North, GOALS, and on the East, PLEASE to read MORE GOALS PLEASE.

Its Nike's new slogan, and I think the sloga at most stadiums whose clubs were sponsored by Nike in some way. I'm not sure if there was a mosaic at Arsenal, but it was advertised on the electronic boards. (I don't know if it was on our boards or not)

God, it's pretty cheesy thinking about it. As if we need to score any more goals :rolleyes: (Though if we feel like scoring more, I'd be more than happy :D)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a united thing but a nike thing then

lets leave em to the big big important games from now on.

We can "BELIEVE" every week without having to hold up a bit of plastic to do it.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Stadium Mosaic Before The Game...

...what did you think?

I thought it was so cheesy TBH, 'MORE GOALS PLEASE'

Not very inspiring like the 'BELIEVE'.....

I think its a great feature before games, but say something worthwhile, surely?
Perhaps make the 'BELIEVE' one customary?? A bit like the way the scousers have that
huge flag, banner thing before games in the Kop. I think we should use the 'BELIEVE'
one more often. A lot more inspiring the asking for more goals....

Views?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
it was cheesy alright , but it looked good .
still wondering what idiot came up with the more goals please , should have been champions or double winners , still i have added it to my collection for some reason i have started collecting them sad or what

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I t was shocking, though it wasn't our idea, Nike told us to do it.

I think "BELIEVE' is pretty ccheesy aswell to be honest. It would be better if we had pictures of red devils goind ALL AROUND the stadium - now that would make an atmosphere! Also we should put about 200 flags or so on randsom seats, we are the ONLY team in the CL who barely use any flags.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
^^^Like the way Chel$ki issued free flags last season?

That was pretty cool alright.

But in all fairness....if any other team did that before a game, I'd be laughing at
them...

..It looked so desperate! Wonder if we'll do anything for the next home game?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
It was an advert form NIKE.

And it looked crap - not good at all. Absolutly taking the class off the Believe and the Ole mosaic.

The little flags from Chelsea were pretty pointless and wouldn't work at United. Encourage people to bring in different flags, not the same little crappy thing.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
What a pile of crap.

And the stupid idiots in the stadium actually held them up. Good job I never sat by one, cos I would of lobbed it at the nearest ***** :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Stephen said:
It was an advert form NIKE.

And it looked crap - not good at all. Absolutly taking the class off the Believe and the Ole mosaic.

The little flags from Chelsea were pretty pointless and wouldn't work at United. Encourage people to bring in different flags, not the same little crappy thing.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I said put around 200 in random place around the stadium, and make them big. Chelsea had a flag per seat.

As good as the atmosphere was vs Barca it wasn't that colourful compared to other places.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts