Manchester United Talk banner

Player That Has Shown The Most Consistency This Season (Performance Wise)?

• Rooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evra

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Rio

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Vidic

• Scholes

• Brown

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Edwin

• Tevez

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Ronaldo

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Carrick

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there has been many good performances throughout the season but who
would you say was the most consistent performer?

Have a good think about this.......
and write down your list of players who have performed brilliantly
week in week out, and not just on occasion.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Look we can say the odvious and say ronaldo but im going to choose to put him to one side in his own catagory called god catagory ok . So my most consistant player would be rio ferdinand he has been a wall at the back this season . He has captain loads aswell and lets not forget he is about the only defender in the league who didnt get the run around by fernando torres he bossed him off the park.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give us your list Faz from 1-5 or whatever.
For the record I havent put Ronaldo on top.
He has been the most consistent goalscorer but he has gone missing in
some games this season. He pops up with goals most games, but I still think
there have been player/s that have been amazing week in week out.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Give us your list Faz from 1-5 or whatever.
For the record I havent put Ronaldo on top.
He has been the most consistent goalscorer but he has gone missing in
some games this season. He pops up with goals most games, but I still think
there have been player/s that have been amazing week in week out.

1. Ronaldo ( why unlike jazz I think ronaldo has been very consistent he wouldnt of scored all the goals he has without consitancey)

2. Rio ferdinand ( a complete rock at the back all season brilliant player)

3. evra ( is he the most skillfull full back ever a threat forward and also seems to get in loads of important tackles )

4. Teves ( the little work horse never lets you down and has been amazing in the last two games)

5. Brown ( has been playing out of position for the last 12 months and has adapted to the roll of full back with great credit)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i dont think there is a top 5...there are not that much consistent performers...i can put a top 4 though
1)Rio Ferdinand
2)Evra
3)Tevez
4)Vidic
rooney has not been in good form and not always consistent...
ronaldo turns off in the big games....
brown has had brilliant yet awful games....
VDS has beed good.......
giggs has been out of form for the whole season....
nani has been on and off too

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Back 5 have been imperious all season....
Vds- rarely gets a mention but he has barely put a foot wrong. He reassurance is vital to the defence.
Brown-Fantastic season for Wes. Puts in the bone crunching tackles every week, but still gets grief from some sections......
Rio-Best defender in the world at this point in time. Pockets strikers for fun.
Vidic-collosus and beastly. he would put his face where the rest wouldnt put their boot.
Evra-name a better left back in world football?.......bet you cant. Adds SO much offensively and leaps like a giant in the air.

Ronaldo has been awesome in taking his chances in front of goal. I still feel his all round contribution to the team can improve.
The amount of headlines he gets in games where he scores 1/2 goals is not always merited. He can play piss poor but still come up
with the goods (which is the sign of a great player) but jesus he could do so much more if he put his mind to it. His goalscoring is beyond ridiculously amazing...
Tevez always comes up with some really important goals.....Didnt think it was possible for someone to work harder than Rooney, but Tevez does. Some stamina...

In summary:
1.Rio
2.Evra
3.Ronaldo
4.Vidic
5.Tevez
6.Brown
7.Vds

Im mainly leaning towards the defenders as you can see. They have been the catalyst for a great season.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think the back four would have to be included in this. Brown, Rio, Vida and Evra have all performed consistantly well, with Evra and Rio having probably their best seasons for United. All have been outstanding though.

I think Tevez also deserves a mention. I can't really remember him having a bad game since he got his first goal against Chelsea, and he has always given 100% for the team.

I think in midfield the likes of Anderson and Hargreaves have been consistant, but not to the extent of Evra, Rio etc.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Evra is Mr Consistent!

Jazz-Man ..this is a good topic!

I quickly glanced over the lists of my fellow posters and see mostly the same names and I tend to agree. What I do not agree with is Ronaldo being number 1.

The term consistent itself means that if you look at a players performance in EVERY game he played, he has delivered a same level of performance.

So the title must go to ......................Tomasz Kuszczak! For being conistently shaky in goal! :)

Just kidding, of course. I know you mean consistently good performances and that title must go to. PATRICE EVRA.

Ronaldo has been getting all the headlines, but he has had very bad days too when he was maybe 6 out of 10 performance wise.
The same cannot be said of Patrice Evra.
Evra's never dropped below 7 the entire season. Even when Arron Lennon was giving him a torrid time against Spurs away, he still delivered a good performance. He gets my vote for the most consistent player of the season.

1. Patrice Evra
2. Rio Ferdinand
3. Nemanja Vidic
4. Ronaldo
5. Anderson

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
exactly....ronaldo has not been consistent...
he doesnt play good against the bigger teams and he tends to turn off in these games........hopefully he will play better in the big games in the future

·
Registered
263 Posts
ima agree wiv jazz, Ronaldo is good but against big teams you dont see him as much.
im going for;

1) Ferdi
2) Vidic
3) Fletcher <--- everytime he plays he plays his heart out
4) Tevez
5) Scholes

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedForceRising said:
Jazz-Man ..this is a good topic!

I quickly glanced over the lists of my fellow posters and see mostly the same names and I tend to agree. What I do not agree with is Ronaldo being number 1.

The term consistent itself means that if you look at a players performance in EVERY game he played, he has delivered a same level of performance.

So the title must go to ......................Tomasz Kuszczak! For being conistently shaky in goal! :)

Just kidding, of course. I know you mean consistently good performances and that title must go to. PATRICE EVRA.

Ronaldo has been getting all the headlines, but he has a very bad days too when he was maybe 6 out o 10 performance wise.
The same cannot be said of Patrice Evra.

He's never dropped below 7 the entire season. Even when Arron Lennon was giving him a torrid time against Spurs away, he still delivered a good performance. He gets my vote for the most consistent player of the season.

1. Patrice Evra
2. Rio Ferdinand
3. Nemanja Vidic
4. Ronaldo
5. Anderson
great post. Im still a bit confused as to why people chose Anderson.
he has been very inconsistent for months now, I would have thought.
I dont think we could pick players that have been injured, the likes of
Park, Fletch and Scholes.
Consistency is based over the whole season. They would have had to play
at least 30 league games to be considered.

Im delighted that some have not picked Ronaldo and that members can see the
value of the WHOLE team and not just the guy who scored 40 goals.
Well done guys. :)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
great post. Im still a bit confused as to why people chose Anderson.
he has been very inconsistent for months now, I would have thought.
I dont think we could pick players that have been injured, the likes of
Park, Fletch and Scholes.
Consistency is based over the whole season. They would have had to play
at least 30 league games to be considered.

Im delighted that some have not picked Ronaldo and that members can see the
value of the WHOLE team and not just the guy who scored 40 goals.
Well done guys. :)
Hmmm... you have a point.

But I just remember the good stuff when Anderson plays. I think I probably chose him, because i can;t remember him being bad.

I agree that he managed to do more with the ball in certain games, but I can;t remember him being bad. Am I contradicting myself then?

I didn;t want to give it to Park or Scholes, cos they didn't play many games and I don't like Fletcher or Brown.

Rooney and Tevez have had very quiet games. Carrick has had problems finding his range on occasion and this season has misteriously given the ball at times when he wasn't under pressure.

So I think it was because of elimination that i chose Anderson. Giggs and VDS.... don't get me started.....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tevez has worked consistently hard, scored 19 goals, played for the team
and come up with some REALLY important goals.
He makes it on my list ;-)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Good topic Jazz.

My top 5 would be;

1) Ronaldo (Simply because even when he hasn't played well he's managed to do something magic)

2) Evra (Can't remember him having a bad game tbh)

3) Ferdinand

4) Tevez

5) Carrick (Can't believe not many people aren't mentioning him.)

Park and Fletcher deserve mentions. They've been very, very consistent when they were fit. But, as Jazz says, they haven't played much.

I would also add Scholes, but for a while after his return, he was awful.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts