Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
only judgeing this on what i have seen {i caught it off peejay} ,yorke and cole were the best partnership but nistelrooy was by far the greatest striker to play for utd he was totally different class.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Yorke and Cole were the most prolific. In terms of goals scored. However it depends on how you define a 'potent' strike force.

Myself I believe a strike force is there to score goals & lots of them. Nothing more. In that respect Yorke & Cole stand out.

However for somebody who was more interested in work rate Tevez & Rooney are superior.

For what it's worth I believe Rooney is the best striker Man Utd has had in the last 20 years.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
If your talking about ability to score goals, then it would have to be Yorke---Cole....
cole missed so many it was unreal and yorke was a two season wonder --if charles had said most attacking threat who could argue ???????? the 99 side had better support players ie we had giggs becks scholes .. who here believes that yorke or cole would make top 20 united players --- yet best charlton and law are all top 10

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
its not that yorke and cole were the best strikers we have had, its just that they made such a beautiful partnership that instantly brought in goals regardless of their own ability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts