Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone watch match of the day last night .
No wonder fergie has boycotted it , they showed all of the reading chances and hardly mentioned united at all , it was a pisstake.
Mind you its hardly surprising when you look at whos on it , the smarmy lineakar, the spineless shearer and the the two scouse muppets hansen and lawrenson

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
as he wont play ball with them they tend to edit our games to hell .. motd often spend longer talking about the game than on highlights . third rank fodder better watching it on mutv or skys match choice

D

·
0 Posts
Worth bearing in mind as well that Hansen is in fact a massive United fan, always has been.

Shearer on the other hand is a bitter prick who knows he ****ed his career up my choosing to go to Newcastle instead of United, and all for the sake of another £300,000. "There's only one greedy bastard"!!:D Keegan spent 6 months trying to get the shithouse to come to Newcastle, and when he eventually joined him there Keegan walked out on them after just 5 and a half months.:)

"Quality".

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAVID BRENT...."FACT" said:
Worth bearing in mind as well that Hansen is in fact a massive United fan, always has been.

Shearer on the other hand is a bitter prick who knows he ****ed his career up my choosing to go to Newcastle instead of United, and all for the sake of another £300,000. "There's only one greedy bastard"!!:D Keegan spent 6 months trying to get the shithouse to come to Newcastle, and when he eventually joined him there Keegan walked out on them after just 5 and a half months.:)

"Quality".
david
too true , but if the greedy twat had joined us from southampton we would have won the champions league a few more times .
he really pissed me off by turning us down twice , his loss i guess he would have had as many medals if not more than david may

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
watch the premiership on rte lads!

They dont always edit united matches badly on motd i often see them talkin about how great we are and analysing another incredible ronaldo performance

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I know Keegan coming back to Newcastle is a big news story and they had Shearer in the studio but I still don't understand why it was the 1st game on MOTD.

The match had already been shown live on Setanta, it finished 0-0 and Newcastle didn't have a single shot on target. How did they find any 'highlights'?!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Its the Second coming! The Messiah has been reborn! Noocassel fans have been waiting 2000 years - er, wrong man! Kevin Keegan is BIG news for such a little man ;)

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
Its the Second coming! The Messiah has been reborn! Noocassel fans have been waiting 2000 years - er, wrong man! Kevin Keegan is BIG news for such a little man ;)
Objection, Your Honour, playing along religious line in a multi-religious football forum is tantamount to a first ban for 7 days. :rolleyes:....... :eek:

·
23,699 Posts
Red Devil said:
But Jesus still loves you.;) :)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
In the 60s,walking down the Warwick Road (Now Sir Matt busby Way) we would pass a bible puncher who stood every game, come hail or shine, cold or warmth, shouting out passages from the bible. Light hearted banter was prevalent. One day, walking down with my sister, his banner read "Jesus Saves" - I turned and said loudly, "when did we sign him?" - amidst hails of laughter he replied very jovially, that "keepers were not the salt of the earth but the meek". To which someone else, quite quickly dived in with "But David Meek writes for the Manchester Evening News!"

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Nice RD ^

I like Hansen a lot and have great time for him and Lineker is just simply a nice fella, in fact both of them are.

Shearer obviously feels some bias towards Newcastle but when United play well he always compliments us.

We don't want analysts who compliment the team and players when they're utter crap, which could be said for there performance in the first half against Reading at the weekend.

The best analyst by far on MOTD though is 'Gavin Peacock'......Pro.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
I like robbie earle, very well spoken and knows what he is talking about.
The funniest football analysts have to be either Lawro or Garth Brooks.......

Brooks for his facial expressions, mannerisms and over the top views and

Lawro, well for just being Lawro...........I love em both.....;)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do you not notice when they pay united a compliment its through gritted teeth, they have to do this without looking stupid in front of the nation.
they were terrible at first , but now they are getting better because the scousers have gone 17 years without the league, in the early years they were really patronising and would always say this is liverpools year .
how can shearer not be nice he always has to comment on the best player in the world at the moment , along with rooney and tevez , he still comes across as smarmy though

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
eoininho said:
watch the premiership on rte lads!

They dont always edit united matches badly on motd i often see them talkin about how great we are and analysing another incredible ronaldo performance
lol, hate the commentators though! Jim Begley, George Hamilton!!! Arrghh!! lol
Good highlights though and much longer too!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
stretty said:
do you not notice when they pay united a compliment its through gritted teeth, they have to do this without looking stupid in front of the nation.
they were terrible at first , but now they are getting better because the scousers have gone 17 years without the league, in the early years they were really patronising and would always say this is liverpools year .
how can shearer not be nice he always has to comment on the best player in the world at the moment , along with rooney and tevez , he still comes across as smarmy though
There is only one thing on Shearer's agenda and that Shearer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts