• Rooney

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd get this started since the usual suspects haven't.

In a nutshell it was a decent & professional performance where nobody was horrible, but nobody really shone either.

Of all the players on the pitch, I thought Park Ji-Sung had the best game. He might not be able to cross or finish to save his life, but he was a constant buggeration to the opposing defenders and carried the ball into enemy territory on several occasions thereby stretching play & causing havoc.

As the poll only can have 10 options, I shall leave out John O'Shea.

VDS: 7 - Had a good game and I can only recall one incident where he needed two tries to catch a ball. Otherwise looked solid.
Rafael: 6 - Displayed some immaturity and was caught out of position on a few occasions by straying to far from his area of duty. On the other had some decent touches and crosses
Vidic: 7 - Solid game
Evans: 7 - Continues to impress and displayed maturity beyond his years
O'Shea: 6 - Was not caught out, but simply did not add to the attack. First touch is still abysmal.
Ronaldo: 6 - Off his usual high standards. Made several wrong decisions, but came close to scoring from a free kick and his movement with the ball was a concern for Boro at times.
Fletcher: 6 - Decent, but his passing was atrocious.
Carrick: 7 - Slightly better, but did not manage to trouble Boro's defence much.
Park: 8 - Full of hustle and carried the ball forward into enemy territory on several occasions. Missed badly by blazing above the bar from point blank range, but still was my MOTM.
Berbatov: 7 - Had an average game, but looked more mobile tonight and got the winning goal.
Rooney: 7 - Slightly better, but is still passing when he should shoot and vice versa.

Subs:
It's not my practise to rate subs.

Nevlle - didn't put a foot wrong
Scholes - calmed down play and didn't give the ball away. Compared to Carrick & Fletcher, actually ran with the ball
Giggs - was on for only a short while and didn't really have time to make a telling contribution.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
VDS 7 whoever replaces him will need his height and authority when he finally quits

Rafael - 5 Defensively and attackig not at it today but i think f rio was around he would have been better but its okay. He is 18...he can only learn. :cool:

Evans - 7 able cover..not a rio or vidic ofcourse but does well enough when he is in the team. I hope he gets better as he is only 20.

Vidic - 8 Best solo performances since he has been at united this season. Even though we are not as tactically drilled or smart as last season, he still is doing the job.

O shea - 5 very poor. No pressure was put on him by boro yet he still offered nothing.

Ronaldo - 6 Showing the effects of being a hero to zeo at united matches. They had so many songs for him...now they dont sing for him at all unless he scores. Needs a goal. Still showing signs of the after effects of ankle surgery to his right leg too.

Fletcher - 5 Looked tired, very predictable and poor performance today.

Carrick - 6.5 Did not think he was great but not bad either. Offers no drive so he will always need a classy midfielder with him imo.

Park - 5.5 Had moments in the second half when he was good but overall a winger is supposed to run with the ball past players and then offer a threat, whether it be a cross, a goal, get players attracted to him or something. All he did was run. Say what you want about nani but if he could get himself in sitations park does we'd be doing much better in terms of output. I would love to know how many goals and assists park has in his united career. Im trying to like the guy but you cannot play both fletcher and park together, two average players at best. One is okay , but not both together.

Rooney - 8 Condering he did not score, looked very good overall and today was a good performance by him even though he has not scored. Looks to have found some sort of form and is looking sharp-ish and did quite well today i thought. MOM imo

Berbatov. 7 Only for his goal. Apart from a couple of touches and goal he was shocking but in his defence for a 30 million player, he wil be judged on his goals and making a difference and today he did with the goal.

Subs

neville - showed experience

Scholes -was much needed with TEVEZ AND ANDERSON BEING IN SA for personal reasons and with fletcher being soo poor, we needed some creativity and skill and scholes was very good when he came on. Nice touch, passes and we seemed more creative through the middle with carrick and scholes.

Giggs - not long enough

Pz!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
My god who voted for Berbatov yes he scored but he was lazy .

The man has amazing ability and some of his passes where brilliant but he is often to lazy for me and needs to up his work rate .

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
red dave said:

The man has amazing ability and some of his passes where brilliant but he is often to lazy for me and needs to up his work rate .
some people dont look past the goal. score and you get motm.

my choice is scholes. sure he was not on long but i honestly feel his arrival on the pitch was the single reason why we finally got the goal we did. before the goal we looked disjointed with too much play going backwards and no-one trying to force the issue of getting the goal.

scholes came on and changed that and consequencially the match so he gets ir for me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
red dave said:

imagine if he worked like three-lung park

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
rooney of the players who played the main bulk of the match, but once again scholesy comes on and helps change the match.....pure class all the way

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I went for Carrick personally.

It was between Carrick and Park for me, and I went for Carrick. He had another good game, his passing was great, he got forward more (perhaps should have done better with one chance) and he kept the game moving. He's now a must in CM for me.

Apart from Carrick, Park, Scholes and Rooney, nobody really jumped out. Berbatov scored but his performance was pretty average imo.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
despite all those claims about berbatov being lazy, from where i was sat, he did too much work.
always was dropping into midfield, and laying off nice passes to the wing. the issue was that when park or ronaldo got ahead of him, and wanted to put a cross in, there was nobody there to knock it in on two or three occasions. berbatov was bought and labelled as "lazy." that would suit me just fine, if we could carry on attacking, putting pressure on and making chances, because at least there would be somebody in the box to finish the move. he could be a great goalscorer if he was a little more lazy.

park ran his heart out as usual, and caused a few problems for their full backs, if he could learn to be clinical in front of goal, he would really be great. i was off my seat and celebrating while the ball came to him, nobody could believe he missed it.

evra was much missed, his trickery and invention on the overlap is very important to us, and j o'shea isn't nearly on the level. bring on fabio.
jonny evans is a very able deputy, and he will get 10-15 games a year, and that should suit him until he can become first choice when rio retires.
vidic was solid as usual, in fact i remember him making a very good interception in our box to deny them a shot on goal. our approach play was good, but the finishing was worrying

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
vds -- 7 good and steady

rafael--5-- thought he was poor -- gave ball away to easily tried crazy tackles to win it back and seemed to forget he is a defender .

evans 6.5 not too bad

vidic --- 8 had to work socks off because rafael was missing so often

o shea 6 -- fair game no more

ronaldo 6-- ironically he was showing signs of old self just before being subbed

fletcher-----5 -- worst game of season for him

carrick 6.5 -- still dwells on ball too long for my liking

rooney 8 --- man of match for me - some lovely passes and tackles

scholes 7.5 -- made a difference and if on all game may have got mom - stupid yellow though

giggs 7 what he did was done well

neville ---- 7 ---sometimes rafael is a luxury we cant afford

berbatov 7 -- worked hard and took chance well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Van Der Sar - 8 - He made some excellent saves as usual.

Rafael - 6.5 - Was caught under pressure as he was not used to important games. Although he did score against Arsenal.

Vidic - 7 - Solid as a rock but hardly troubled.

Evans - 6.5 - Did well to fill the space that ferdinand left. He formed a brilliant parternship with nemanja vidic.

O'Shea - 6.5 - Good in every position we play him in (Even GK), performed professionally and did nothing wrong.

C.Ronaldo - 8 - Beginning to show glimpses of the magic that he did last season. Had more than a couple of chances of scoring, but luck was not on his side.

Carrick - 7.5 - Playing wonderfully in the last handfull of games. He did a good job, and had a scoring opportunity (And tore off the shorts of a boro defender)

Fletcher - 6.5 - Beginned the season heroically, but not in his usual standard last night. But didn't put a foot wrong all night.

Park Ji-Sung - 7 - Had more than a dozen of opportunities to score, including a golden opportunity in front of the goal. But other than that, was completely creative.

Rooney - 8.5 - No doubt about it, he was the man of the match. Working very hard, doing his best, creating and taking opportunitues. He would have scored if it wasn't for Turnbull's phenemonal goalkeeping display.

Berbatov - 7 - Quiet most of the night. But what he did ment more than what everyone else did, cause it was the 3 points that he assured us. And he did do a wonderful flick in to the box early in the match.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Jean Paul Tikle said:
Van Der Sar - 8 - He made some excellent saves as usual.

Rafael - 6.5 - Was caught under pressure as he was not used to important games. Although he did score against Arsenal.

Vidic - 7 - Solid as a rock but hardly troubled.

Evans - 6.5 - Did well to fill the space that ferdinand left. He formed a brilliant parternship with nemanja vidic.

O'Shea - 6.5 - Good in every position we play him in (Even GK), performed professionally and did nothing wrong.

C.Ronaldo - 8 - Beginning to show glimpses of the magic that he did last season. Had more than a couple of chances of scoring, but luck was not on his side.

Carrick - 7.5 - Playing wonderfully in the last handfull of games. He did a good job, and had a scoring opportunity (And tore off the shorts of a boro defender)

Fletcher - 6.5 - Beginned the season heroically, but not in his usual standard last night. But didn't put a foot wrong all night.

Park Ji-Sung - 7 - Had more than a dozen of opportunities to score, including a golden opportunity in front of the goal. But other than that, was completely creative.

Rooney - 8.5 - No doubt about it, he was the man of the match. Working very hard, doing his best, creating and taking opportunitues. He would have scored if it wasn't for Turnbull's phenemonal goalkeeping display.

Berbatov - 7 - Quiet most of the night. But what he did ment more than what everyone else did, cause it was the 3 points that he assured us. And he did do a wonderful flick in to the box early in the match.
are you related in any way to abo ?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts