Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mourinho, it seems, feels Rooney got of very lightly for his indiscretions during our last Champions League outing with Aalborg.

He believes that this can & should be rectified by suspending Rooney retroactively, as it were.

He's even singled out a precedent from his time with Chelsea. Back in 2005 Essien had an altercation with Hamann.

He escaped punishemnt on the day but was later suspended for 3 games after the video footge was reviewed by a panel.

Mourinho feels that the same principal should apply to Rooney however he accepts that this my not happen.

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1710/manchester-united/2008/12/20/1020802/mourinho-ban-wayne-rooney-for-stamp

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Can I respectfully suggest to Mr Moan-rinho - BOG OFF!!! The fact thats its from goal.com leads a lot of credence to the story - NOT. I saw the interview last night, but not all the sound, I do not recall this topic?

And, if Jose had done his homework the press release stated that HAVING REVIEWED THE VIDEO EVIDENCE ..........................

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
The best thing for Alex to do is - ignore it. BUT, remind Rooney on his way to the centre circle what was allegedly said and tell him to "prove a point" or three.

·
23,699 Posts
Nothing of this sort was uttered from his very respectful and sober interview.

But if he had indeed said this off camera, he must have started his silly game... early.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
When Drogba was sent of against Barcelona and Moaninho was fire up the forces which led to death threats towards the ref and his family the player was innocent. Now all of a sudden guilty. I havent seen it, just heard of it.

But to be honest, this kind of moaninho is better then the butt licking he did earlier. Welcome back you SOB. :D

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
marty davidson said:
Sure Rooney stamped on that player
I don't know, didn't see it BUT, if the authorities say no further action after viewing video evidence, then fine by me and another manager, who has nothing at all to do with it, should butt out and mind his own business.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Mind games start already :rolleyes: when I first saw it I though ohhh thats pretty bad but looking back on it, he clearly didn't mean it otherwise he wouldn't of apolgised so quickly.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Mind games start already :rolleyes: when I first saw it I though ohhh thats pretty bad but looking back on it, he clearly didn't mean it otherwise he wouldn't of apolgised so quickly.
My thoughts exactly, as crazy as he is/was Wayne would never stamp on someone's face intentionally, you can see he slipped. Whereas during the World Cup, it was clearly a merciless stamp on Carvalho's (or Ferreira? One of those two-named Portuguese guys anyway) crotch.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
redproudloud said:
Why would Mourinho worry about this.
Ah yes we play him in the Champions League.
He's a clown who produces boring teams and who got sacked by a big Russian crook.
So who cares what he thinks?

Mourinho is doing what he does best...playing to a crowd,in this case reporters,he loves the attention he gets from the media and seems to feed off of it.
He may well be a clown,but he produces boring football,but wining football...don't take him lightly..
I don't care what he thinks,but i do care what he does,because i am hoping that we beat him,and shut his big mouth up,once and for all.a big ego may be his downfall this time...:cool:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
red lady said:
Mourinho is doing what he does best...playing to a crowd,in this case reporters,he loves the attention he gets from the media and seems to feed off of it.
He may well be a clown,but he produces boring football,but wining football...don't take him lightly..
I don't care what he thinks,but i do care what he does,because i am hoping that we beat him,and shut his big mouth up,once and for all.a big ego may be his downfall this time...:cool:

you are a angry young lady !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts