Manchester United Talk banner

Would You Like To See Mourinho As United's Next Manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JOSE MOURINHO has sensationally put himself in the frame to become the next manager of Manchester United.

The former Chelsea boss admits he expects to be considered when Sir Alex Ferguson finally quits Old Trafford.

Jose Mourinho: Fergie's had it easy since I left Blues

Mourinho, who takes on Fergie when his Inter Milan side face United in the Champions League this week, rates himself as “one of the best managers in the world.”

And he reckons United will be unable to ignore his credentials when they begin the search for Fergie’s successor.

Mourinho’s gift for self-promotion has never been stronger as he claimed: “I have big jobs left in me that is for sure — but I can’t commit to which ones.

“If you want me to rule out ever being Manchester United manager I can’t. Special clubs need special managers so in theory it could work, but nobody knows what the future is in football.

“The England national team wanted me as coach and that is the biggest job in England, so I am sure when Sir Alex retires they will look at the best managers in the world and I certainly fall into that category.
Continue

“How much time I can’t say, Sir Alex doesn’t look like he is ready to stop. But when you are managing a winning team you don’t want to stop — and if you have health then there is no reason to.”

Opinion is mixed over Mourinho’s claims to become United manager.

Rio Ferdinand has nominated the Portuguese as the best candidate to take over from Fergie — but United legends Sir Bobby Charlton and Bryan Robson believe his brand of football would not be to everyone’s taste.

There is no immediate sign of Sir Alex stepping down from his role as United boss.

At 67, he claims his health is good enough to enable him to continue in the job, despite previous suggestions that he would quit in May 2010.

Fergie insisted this week: “You might have to carry me out. I’m not even thinking about retiring.”

Mourinho’s future at Inter was under scrutiny last week — even though his team are still clear leaders of Serie A. He has been involved in a running battle with the Italian media and told them on Friday: “In another 86 days I will leave Italy and go on holiday. Will I still be the coach of Inter? In football you never know.”

lmao - i love the guy

seriosuly i do

Z

·
0 Posts
Only last week he was saying he'll go back to Chelsea on day. This isn't Italy or Spain where you can manage more than one of the top clubs and not become a figure of hate.

It sounds to me like he's looking for an exit out of Italy.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only last week he was saying he'll go back to Chelsea on day. This isn't Italy or Spain where you can manage more than one of the top clubs and not become a figure of hate.

it sounds to me like he's a show man ----he wants attenttion and plays mind games with everyone imo

btw - one of his menthors - a croat under whom he learend some things and holds a great respect for - tomislav ivic -(he won a cl and was a manager of many clubs including porto ) - said that he is a very modest man when talking face to face and when all the spotlights are off - that it's his way of dealing with the pressure and i agree

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully he'll never get the chance.
it's not easy to find fergie's successor like for like...

we may have to settle for the next best thing

there aren't any managers whos goal is to entertain and win trophies at the same time

wenger is trying to cope with it but he hasn't had any success lately - and he's one of the best in the bussiness

i actually think chelsea with robben and duff were a joy to watch - their counter attacks were for the manuals - i think what he's tried and still trying to do with inter is to copy that chelsea with muntari acting essien/makelele , and quaresma( while he was there ) and mancini trying to be duff and robben -with zlatan being drogba and adriano trying to be something in bewteen drogba and crespo

i think with these players we have here , we couldn't play bad and that he should be given a chance in some point of his career

apart from him i see only del bosque ( his real played great and fell apart when he left ) hitzfield (won about everything ) , lippi, - but their main problem is that they're nearing the end of their careers

other than them i can remember only one young coach whose team has dominated with their attacking performances and he's actually won some trophies and played in cl quite a few times - his name is thommas schaff - a manager or werder bremen - the way he snatched the title from bayern ( not sure if it was a double ) with great attacking performances with a mediocre team is for an applause really

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts

After what happened with roman?? I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

He said he missed the club, and the players, but he didn't say he'd go back.

As for his comments, it's common knowledge. Everybody knows that, when SAF retires, one of the top names will be Mourinho.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
"If you ask me if one day I think I'll return to Chelsea, I'll tell you yes I think so, because we were so happy together,"

Video: Straight from the horses mouth: BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Mourinho predicts Chelsea return
Ok, I stand corrected, but once again, after what happened between him and roman, i seriously doubt he'll return there.

He might, but that would mean getting BIG concessions from abra, like full managerial powers, no one to dictate whom to hire or not, no one to tell him who can play or not, and I don't see roman bending over backwards for José...

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
"You keep doing it to me on the email & the Youtube. Over 250 million hits. Very nice."

"Ah Well...""

"Shut up Sven. Very good, it is quiet""

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i honestly believe mourinho is the only guy capeable of taking utd on after fergie and keeping the club rolling onwards , and mr ferguson also rates him the best {of the rest}.
i have read loads of nonsense with people saying what has he done :D or they don't like him because he is arrogant , well to me he is very confident in his own beliefs and he likes telling the press and he has won everything -eufa cup and champions league and all domestic trophies at porto ,all domestic trophies at chelsea and it looks like italian leagues on its way soon at inter .
but what really impresse's me the most is the man managment skills he has got , all the players seem to perform for him and he fully respects his teams fans {i can still remember him throwing his league medal into the crowd at chelsea } .WHEN HE COMES to utd he will have us all under his magical spell.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
wouldnt want him we need someone who completely understands our history and tradition and especially our rivalrys with the scousers etc , and knows what it all means to the fans

1 - 20 of 183 Posts