Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mourinho: Inter Are Not On The Same Level As Barcelona, Chelsea Or United - Goal.com

Speaking to Inter.it in the pre-match press conference ahead of tomorrow’s encounter with Siena, Mourinho commented on his side’s lack of success in Europe, as they prepare to lift the Italian crown for a fourth successive season.

“I must admit that this season Inter was not in the right condition to be able to triumph in the Champions League," admitted the Portuguese coach.

"We could well have knocked out United with a little more fortune, but we were not good enough to win the Champions League. It is only over time that I am beginning to understand that the group, in terms of quality and quantity, cannot be compared to Manchester United, Barcelona or Chelsea,” he added.

With regards to Inter’s summer transfer strategy, Mourinho appears to be in agreement with club patron Massimo Moratti.

“We don’t need to spend too much, especially given the current period of financial crisis,” he stated.

With Inter rumoured to have completed a swoop for Genoa’s Diego Milito, it remains to be seen how much Moratti considers too much, as he looks to bring in more talent to Inter’s already massive squad.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is simply elementary.

The fact is Inter are not at the same level than Werder Brema, Villareal, Arsenal, Lyon etc. either

And they are not at the same level of Ac Milan, JUVE and Rome either: but in Italy referees have been corrupted for the last 3 years

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts

The fact is Inter are not at the same level than Werder Brema, Villareal, Arsenal, Lyon etc. either

And they are not at the same level of Ac Milan, JUVE and Rome either: but in Italy referees have been corrupted for the last 3 years
Id disagree with that, they are probably more in the arsenal, liverpool, Madrid level than anything else. The fact is they still have the deepest most talented squad in all of Italy.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Id disagree with that, they are probably more in the arsenal, liverpool, Madrid level than anything else. The fact is they still have the deepest most talented squad in all of Italy.

At midfield they're simply ridicolous:
Muntari, Cambiasso (30) , X.Zanetti (35), Stankovic (31)

People who has never won anything in their lives

the front repart is ridicolous as well:
if you take away Ibrahimovic, you remain with 4 players who would not be starters in any other team of the Champions League

The defence is at the end too:
Samuel, Cordoba are old, Materazzi ridicolous
On the sides, only Maicon is good

At the end, their best player continues to be the referee

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts

if you take away Ibrahimovic, you remain with 4 players who would not be starters in any other team of the Champions League

At the end, their best player continues to be the referee
Welcome to another "bash the crap out of Inter thread"...:sleep:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
In my opinion, Italian teams can never be on the same level as English and Spanish clubs.
They can be, but their league is below standard.

Its rarely nowadays that we see an Italian club dominating Europe and it'll be a long time until another Italian club do just like Milan did among the English clubs 2 years ago.

So, its not just Inter.
Italian football can be spectacular to watch which i believe it is, but when compared with other leagues it fails big.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Yet I love the finishing, I love the moments of sublime grace & beauty. I know it can be boring but I still like it.

Milan have the best chance of regaining Italy's pride in Europe if they can break their current mentality.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Correct, they're not.

Serie A is weaker than La Liga, and La Liga is weaker than the Premier League. It's clear that the champions of the Premier League and the champions of La Liga will be stronger than the champions of Serie A because they are harder leagues to win. The Premier League is much faster, more physical and has more top-quality world class players competing. The top 4 English clubs regularly make it far in the CL these days, we had an all English final last season and usually there are 3 English clubs in the semi finals.

AC Milan were very strong a few years ago, but their team is ageing and so lost momentum. Inter have always underperformed in the CL, and now there are plenty of stronger teams than them in Europe it is more so.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Dear ejuventino ....e poulsen?ahahahaha e sissoko?ahahah we are the serie A . and you 10 points under .....cambiasso e il capitano are strong midfied with them we are 4 championships in the last four years .....silence, please.

ahaha you are very very really ridiculous ...chiellini legrottaglie mellberg ? ahahahahahah..materazzi is champions of the world with italia ..goal in the final ..do you rembember? with samuel cordoba julio cesar we are the best defense in the serie A...

Dear ejuventus....you zero tituli..ahahahah

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
ejuventus, You can't say Cambiasso is bad just because he's never won anything. He's a fantastic player.

In fact he's one of the best holding mids in the world. That said Inters midfield is getting on a bit.

Zanetti & Stankovic are both amazing players but not as amazing as they were 4 or 5 years ago.

As for Muntari, I'm sorry but he should never have even been there. Inter need to be prusuing world class players.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
ejuventus, You can't say Cambiasso is bad just because he's never won anything. He's a fantastic player.

In fact he's one of the best holding mids in the world. That said Inters midfield is getting on a bit.

Zanetti & Stankovic are both amazing players but not as amazing as they were 4 or 5 years ago.

As for Muntari, I'm sorry but he should never have even been there. Inter need to be prusuing world class players.
whats wrong with Muntari? just because he isnt as flashy as zanetti or stankovic does not mean he isnt class.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
whats wrong with Muntari? just because he isnt as flashy as zanetti or stankovic does not mean he isnt class.
I think Muntari is a very good player, not a world class player, but he is more than good enough to play for Inter.
That's the issue. Inter have the money and they should be pursuing big names. Is Muntari a big name?

He wouldn't get a sniff at Barca. Milan have Kaka, Roma have De Rossi, Muntari just isn't on that level.

He isn't world class and while he's good enough to play for Inter they shouldn't settle for good enough.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
That's the issue. Inter have the money and they should be pursuing big names. Is Muntari a big name?

He wouldn't get a sniff at Barca. Milan have Kaka, Roma have De Rossi, Muntari just isn't on that level.

He isn't world class and while he's good enough to play for Inter they shouldn't settle for good enough.
The same can be said about our fletcher though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.