Manchester United Talk banner

Mourinho unnimpressed with Man Utd-Chelsea game

1K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Mufc-Taff 
#1 ·
Inter coach Jose Mourinho admits he was unimpressed with what he saw from Manchester United during their 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

The 'Special One' was at Old Trafford to see his last 16 Champions League opponents in action. United cruised to victory against a poor Chelsea side and, despite the result, Mourinho was not impressed.

"Was I impressed? No. Manchester United deserved to win, but it was not an excellent game.

"It was an exceptional result, but the game was average."

Mourinho has revealed he met up with Sir Alex Ferguson after the game and they enjoyed a nice drink.

"Did I have wine with Ferguson? Yes, of course, I didn't bring the wine though. He had it already," added Mourinho.

"I spoke to him for around half an hour and I told him how Inter will play against them, and he told me his formation against us.

"We swapped all our ideas."

Inter have stumbled recently following their 1-1 draw with Cagliari at the weekend.

The Nerazzurri travel to Old Trafford next month for a place in the quarter finals.

See less See more
#3 ·
martinutd said:
Inter coach Jose Mourinho admits he was unimpressed with what he saw from Manchester United during their 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.

The 'Special One' was at Old Trafford to see his last 16 Champions League opponents in action. United cruised to victory against a poor Chelsea side and, despite the result, Mourinho was not impressed.

"Was I impressed? No. Manchester United deserved to win, but it was not an excellent game.

Mourinho has revealed he met up with Sir Alex Ferguson after the game and they enjoyed a nice drink.

"Did I have wine with Ferguson? Yes, of course, I didn't bring the wine though. He had it already," added Mourinho.

"I spoke to him for around half an hour and I told him how Inter will play against them, and he told me his formation against us.

Inter have stumbled recently following their 1-1 draw with Cagliari at the weekend.

The Nerazzurri travel to Old Trafford next month for a place in the quarter finals.
haha:D :D

#5 ·
martinutd said:

I bet they either both told a pack of lies or were double bluffing eachother anyway!

#6 ·
Somethings telling me this is mind games as well.

He isn't exactly going to say that our performance was World Class, and that he saw an awful lot that Inter need to cope with.

I'm sure he's just trying to get, or increase, his players belief that they can win the game.

#7 ·
manutd004 said:
Somethings telling me this is mind games as well.

He isn't exactly going to say that our performance was World Class, and that he saw an awful lot that Inter need to cope with.

I'm sure he's just trying to get, or increase, his players belief that they can win the game.
Exactly, just because he said something, doesn't mean it was newsworthy. What was he supposed to say? Yeah, United are impressive, so impressive we decided we have no chance, and therefore will pull our team out of the CL as to avoid the embarrassment.

#8 ·
martinutd said:

what a cool guy. he drank SAF's wine. did he really need to say that to the newsgroup?

#9 ·
what aloud of bollix....he says some daft things but cmon if we werent impressive yesterday than no team every will be! anyway what do you expect him to say? ya united were world class were really going to have to be on our a ggame to even come close to beating them?

#14 ·
Of course he have to be unimpressed.

- Inter is going to play United. We against the world. Everyone is against us.
- His former club where he got sacked from got humiliated. His former super stars looked in the end like school boys of a first date.
- He thinks the world revolves around him.
- Hes a scouser in disguise.

#18 ·
Jose says Blues have blown it

JOSE MOURINHO has given a damning verdict of Chelsea's 3-0 humbling by Manchester United.

The man still worshipped by Blues fans for winning back-to-back titles watched the match from the Old Trafford directors' box.

And, back at Inter Milan yesterday, the Special One slaughtered Phil Scolari and his team in just one sentence.

Asked to assess what he had seen, Mourinho said: “I didn't see Chelsea at all, I only saw Manchester United.â€

And to twist the knife a little deeper, he then wrote off Chelsea's title challenge altogether. He said: “I think Liverpool and Man United will fight for the title to the end of the season. Chelsea will find it hard to stay with them.â€

Mourinho's Blues were ruthless, super-fit, brilliantly organised and, most importantly, extremely difficult to beat.

It is no wonder, then, that the Portuguese coach did not recognise anything of his old team on Sunday.

The team was a very pale imitation of the defensive powerhouse it used to be.

Didier Drogba looked a shadow of the striker whose presence alone was enough to frighten rivals. Deco and Michael Ballack's dismal displays made a mockery of Mourinho's never-say-die philosophy.

Chelsea stars now fear they are not fit enough to win big games. In their last three games they have lost a goal in the final three minutes against United, Southend and Fulham.

And a source close to the dressing room told SunSport: “Some of the players are wondering if their fitness levels are at the necessary level. These players never used to concede goals late in games and a lot of that was down to making sure everyone was super-fit.â€

We revealed last month that Scolari was asked to increase the intensity of his training by senior players.

Despite that, they spent one session last week playing a seven-a-side tournament, leaving some stars bemused.

Players are openly questioning Scolari's tactics and selection — an issue illustrated by the row between the manager and Nicolas Anelka as revealed by SunSport today.

Under Mourinho, any player who did not toe the line was booted out.

And players would have been dropped if they failed to learn from mistakes or from what was worked on in training.

Yet Scolari has vowed for the last three weeks to work on defending set-pieces, only to see two more goals conceded from dead balls on Sunday.

Mourinho added: “Manchester United's victory was right because they played better than Chelsea.

“But it was not a superb display, only an exceptional result. This was a peaceful match as only one team played.â€

At full-time, Mourinho went to Alex Ferguson's office. Mourinho revealed: “I had a glass of wine with Alex and we spoke for half an hour.

“I told him how Inter will play against United when we meet in the Champions League and he named his 11 players for the game. It was very funny.â€

So there you have it. Chelsea's most successful manager sat laughing with Fergie over a glass of wine after his old club had just been hammered.

How times have changed.

Wayne Rooney claims Chelsea's problems stem from the fact they have still not got over their heartbreaking Champions League defeat to United.

The Red Devils stunned the Blues on penalties in Moscow in May — and striker Rooney could tell in September's 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge that the Londoners were not over that loss.

Rooney said: “Losing the Champions League final to any team is difficult but to lose to one of your biggest rivals is hard to take.

“The next time you meet is always going to be a big one, with players thinking about the final. You could definitely tell it was on their minds.â€

Even before Sunday's game, Rooney predicted: “I'm sure that will be the case again.â€

So it was.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2123832.ece

#21 ·
jose is one manager i respect as he aint afraid to say things that sometimes are taboo. his press conferences are colourful and he made stamford bridge a fortress which i the best place to start for a team wanting to go for league titles.

i would say he is unimpressed as that is just the way jose would want us to think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.