Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
If we're going to be buying any first team player from Spurs then it's going to cost us a fair amount. Levy is the GOAT when it comes to selling his players.

I'd love to see him here.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
He's been pretty poor this season frankly and rightly dropped really.

Even been benched for Belgium by Defour and Fellaini.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Come on lets move on, never liked the idea of going back to someone we missed earlier just because he is not doing well with the current club.

·
F.U.B.A.R.
436 Posts
He has not set the heather alight this season and because of such has been dropped. But would take the player of last season here in a heartbeat. Spurs have changed the way they play a bit this season and it might just be down to that or a clash with some other players that has brought on the poor displays. Either way, a very good player.

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
Also, if reports are to be believed our offer was insulting - no wonder we didn't get him!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was the ideal signing 12 months ago and nothing has changed since. I thought his performance for Fulham against us at Old Trafford would have really put him on Fergies radar if he wasn't prior to the game, especially for 15 million!

This boy can do it all. He would bring our midfield some much needed pace and energy. He can bring the ball out of the midfield up the pitch with ease, similarly to how Wiltshire just drifts past players. For somebody that used to be a No.10 when first signed by Fulham the lad can't half tackle either. He's a very complete midfielder.

He literally ticks every box.

·
Agonising transfer muppet
3,306 Posts
For between 10 and £15m? Who?
We dfont want more 10-15m pound players though, we have a squad full of them. We need players like Gundogan/Barkley/Koke/Strootman who are already top players or have the potential to be top players. Dembele is slightly better than we have but not by much. The first three I mentioned will be top top players IMO and Barkley would likely be happy to stay with us through his peak years. He would be my number one target, a not too distant future much better version of Dembele.

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
In there any source for those numbers, or are you just speculating?

If he was available for anywhere around those fees we would be bonkers not go in for him!
They paid 15 for him, he's in and out of the team... Levy is good, but he's not Gordon Gecko...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts