Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
People want this kind of signing and then wonder why we had the likes of Fellani in team...

A great performance against us doesn't ensure anything about a player's success possibility with us.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dembele's been poor but at the same time Spurs manager have been so foolish to play both Paulinho &Dembele together in midfield. He should have known that both of them are box-box CM and are likely to occupy each other space.
Same thing with Fernandinho who's doing his best impression at holding midfield role whereas he's at his best as a box to box role. Both him and Yaya would never work against a very good midfield opposition although I'm sure either of Dembele/Fernandinho would have no problem slotting into our midfield as Carrick's partner.
Lastly, I saw a post talking about Barkley but I'm sorry, I don't think he's ready. His vision and movements are just so poor, poor Lukaku have been feeding mostly on craps. Barkley is still young though and would likely improve but for now, he's not ready for a big move.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Should have signed him two windows ago, now it wouldn't make as much sense.

Fellaini needs to be persisted with, he'll come good.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Should have signed him two windows ago, now it wouldn't make as much sense.

Fellaini needs to be persisted with, he'll come good.
Fellaini is never coming good. He'll be here forever though because he's one of Moyes' boys.

Fellaini has one use and it can't be utilised at this club.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
Fellaini is never coming good. He'll be here forever though because he's one of Moyes' boys.

Fellaini has one use and it can't be utilised at this club.
He is a good player, he shows it every time he plays for Belgium.

He's become the resident hate figure on here which is understandable considering the balls up we made with his transfer fee, but he can contribute. Not in a midfield two next to Carrick, but put him next to someone mobile and he'll look more comfortable IMO.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
He is a good player, he shows it every time he plays for Belgium.

He's become the resident hate figure on here which is understandable considering the balls up we made with his transfer fee, but he can contribute. Not in a midfield two next to Carrick, but put him next to someone mobile and he'll look more comfortable IMO.
He was shite for Belgium in their last game. He is just simply average. Ando offers more than him, which says a lot.

Mulumbu of West Brom would have been a better signing for a quarter of the price.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dembele is a much better player than Fellaini, unless you are wanting a lanky target man to play long ball to? I thought not.

Dembele is far superior in every aspect of his game as a central/holding midfielder! To claim he is just another average player who wouldn't improve our midfield instantly is wide of the mark.

We always want to sign players when in good form and he has dropped of a bit in the last 12 months. However, that could work to our advantage with Spurs having very decent options to cover for him if they decide to let him go.

Lets be honest, I'd love a Gundogan or Matuidi as much as the next man, but the reality is we aren't going to sign one. If Dembele was genuinely available at a fee around 15 or 20 million I think we would be crazy not to be interested.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Dembele would walk straight into our team.

Not just him, any decent CM would walk into our midfield of last 2-3 seasons. That was exactly the thought when we got Fellaini but things do not seem to go exactly the way we think it would. There are so many factors which need to come together for someone to succeed. Another example being Kagawa as well.

Not that I am against Dembele, wished Fergie had signed him but we let him pass as well.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Don't think Levy would sell to us for starters.

He was very good yesterday when he came on, but prior to that he's been poor this season hence why he hasn't played much (he was injured for a few weeks though). Spurs would want at least 20m for him too (bought him for 15m). When he was still at Fulham and had a buyout clause of 15m was the time to go for him.

I'd prefer to go for Banega now though. He's proven more against top opposition, he wants to leave (apparently), he'd be about the same price and he's the exact type of midfielder that's needed.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts