Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Neville will play for Manchester United reserves against Everton's second string at Widnes Vikings' Halton Stadium tonight.
The England international has not played for the first team since damaging his ankle last March but has resumed training and had hoped to be involved in recent Premiership games.

But the fit-again 32-year-old will play his first reserve game tonight since a 60-minute Manchester Senior Cup appearance against Stockport in November.
Sir Alex Ferguson, who had feared that the defender would have to start again in his recovery, said recently that the Old Trafford veteran now just needed games under his belt.
He said: "We have to look about, maybe even practice matches and that sort of thing to get some more intensity into his training.

thank God - at last

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's crazy how long he's been out for. I was at the game last March v Bolton when the original injury happened and he was down for a long time. It wasn't until I got home and saw the replay on TV that I realised how badly his ankle bent under the challenge.

Never thought he'd be out for 10 months though!!!

Hopefully, we'll see him back playing for us before the end of January.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
yeah that tackle from Gary Speed was a cruncher alright.
It will be great to see him back in action. I watched the 60 mins he played for the Reserves in november and he absolutely crunched into some tackles lol
He could have even got a red for one....thats our gary
Cant wait to see him back in the first team.

Anyone know what time this match is on tonight??

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I'm not convinced he will make it back......

I hope he does because he adds a really good extra dimension to the team !!

But at his age - injuries and little annoying aches and pains can take their toll !!

Time will tell........;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
All i hope for now is that he wont get futher injury during the match...if he gets over it fit, then im convince that he is very near to returning to the first team. There are no hurry thou cause i think Wes has done very well during his absense but like it has already been mentioned, we need different option & just by knowing his availability will give boosts to our strength of depth..

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GeordieMancunian said:
Nope, he scored via a deflection from their defender and the goalkeeper got a touch from his boot and it went in.
lol it sounds the same as when he scored a CL goal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts