Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theo Walcott...

What do you make of him? I have always been of the impression, and still am that
he isn't the biggest and doesn't look the stongest person out there. I can't
imagine huge bravery in him to go into those cruncihing tackles either TBH.

But that aside, I think he's improved of late in all fairness. I saw highlights of the
England game and he took every one of his goals brilliantly. Pace, composure and
great touches.

He sparked at the end of last season when Arsenal were out of the race but he
was one of their brighter sparks after what in all honesty was a fairly good
season considering players leaving and other things.

So how do you think Theo will manage this year? Could you see him leaving
Arsenal? Will he be a contender for Arsenals player of the season??

Discuss

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
well...he's young, fast with a great short.
Thanks,Capello and Rooney(lol) for him. I am sure if he will play more game he will be a star.He can be one from the best in the world. When I watched this match I thought about Owen and Rooney whan they were so young. He can be the rescue for England and for Arsenal. But I am not sure he will play for first team of Arsenal.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He's incredibly fast but still needs to work on his 1st touch when travelling at speed. If his ball control improves he'll be an amazing player.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO, Sven ruined the start of his career bringing him to the EC and having all that
media attention dropped on him. Sure a great experience but he was never even
played!

He's maturing and its showing in his game

·
Registered
115 Posts
He's a fantastic player, but I think he needs the support around him. With England he has Rooney and for Arsenal he has Cesc who provides great passes. He has all the tools to be a superstar, but he needs to fill out his frame and work on the little things.

This brings up an interesting question, is Walcott better than Rooney when Roo was still a teenager?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
ive spotted 2 problems with him playing for le arse

one, he dosnt acually start that many games for them as wenger likes to use him as a impact player, which imo is hindering his progress

two, ive watched a few arsenal games when hes played and one thing ive realise the team hardly passes to him,

for example i point you to liverpool vs arsenal CL when he scored a amazing mazey run which was owen'esk of 98 world cup

so you would think a player with that sort of magic would be one of the first people you would feed the ball to.... yet no they dont they just passed through him it was shocking.
even a deluded friend of mine who supports le arse said it is a outrage how they never pass to him

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
he's a special player now,and he's still young.he'll be superb once he's cut his teeth properly.i reckon he'll just get better and better,but only for England i hope.coz i really dont want to see the Arsenal doing that well.:eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
He has lightning pace and a lot like aaron Lennon who in my opinion is the most underated player in England...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Great Pace Great Ball Control but very wasteful player who misses many chances and many many passes
he maybe be a decent/good finisher and he scores well but his passing is less than decent and his crosses are wast-less

even tho he is one of the best restless players with great work-rate

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
wenger has actually managed him better than anyone gives him credit for imo.

To be called up to an england team at 17 with his PL match experience meant that expectations would be immense but he has not played him all the time and let him grow 'naturally' imo. If he was already playing every game right now he would be burned up...washed up...like michael owen who cannot run with a ball anymore...

I think arsenal are doing a great job with him...He is pretty technical to for an english player and has speed to burn...no doubt he can be a very good player, but can he be a world class one? Only time will tell!

pz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts