Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
5,105 Posts
While there is no doubt that we need to continue to assess any players available, I think we should leave this team as it is for the time being.

We are just now seeing the potential effect that Berba can have, Tev is hitting his stride again, Wazza will return from injury soon and we still have some potentially tremendous young talent that need game opportunities. Bringing in another world class player - and imo that is still a big assumption with Benzema - might create more problems and unpheaval in terms of playing time and on-the-pitch chemistry.

Now, if Tevez does leave in the summer, that will be another story. But for now, lets see how far this current group of players can take us.

· Banned
15,754 Posts
What I don't understand is why people who were saying during the summer that "we shouldn't go for Huntelaar because he plays in a poor quality of league" are now saying go for Benzema.

No offence, but I don't think the French League is the strongest either :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,628 Posts
-zuco- said:
Football Manager.
I can honestly say Benzema isn't that good on Football Manager

I think it's because out of all the top strikers in the world he is one that is a poossiblity and one that is a realistic buy. With a big money bid Lyon would eventually have to crack and accept the French League sucks and he needs to move on. He has everything a striker needs, and would be fantastic although if he were brought in as a replacement for Tevez then he clearly wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench and being 3rd in the pecking order but who would be ?

· Registered
11,456 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
But my point is out of ALL the strikers around WHY BENZEMA!?!?!?!
I will tell you why.

Because he has ALL the traits of a great striker.

I cannot find a single fault with this player.

Most people will say he isn't lightning quick, but he is no slouch either, so all in all, he is one of the few strikers that tick all the boxes and at the age of 21 has the world at his feet.

His decision-making is also mature beyond his years and more mature than Rooney's and Tevez' who are both older than him.

IN my humble opinion, Karim Benzema has all the attributes to become the ebst footballer in the world one day.

He is not a one season wonder and this is his third season where he is banging in the goals consistenly and he does so from all conceivable angles and from anywhere on the pith, with either foot or his head.

He is the complete striker and is versatile, playing on the left on a number of ocassions.

I don't want to hear nothing about him being unproven, because he scored against the best defence in England and Europe last season - Manchester United.

That's why quite a few people on this board have an infatuation (that's the word I think you were thinking of) with karim Benzema.

I hope that clears things up ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.