Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As Ryan Giggs celebrated his 750th appearance against Middlesbrough on Sunday, his performance was rapped by a minority of United fans who are now calling for the Welsh wizard to be dropped.

Angry fans contacted MUTV's phone-in with Viv Anderson and Lou Macari to vent their anger.

One MUTV caller said: "I do not see what Ryan Giggs brings to the side at the moment."

Another insisted that "Giggs is not worth playing as he's not a threat anymore."
Keen to support one of United's greatest ever players, Anderson and Macari lept to the defence of winger.

Former United defender Viv Anderson said: "I still think Ryan Giggs is a threat at all times."
Giggs is just nine games away from equalling Sir Bobby Charlton's all time record of 759 appearances.

What do you think about the reaction from certain sectors of the United faithful? Is it justified? Is Sir Alex Ferguson picking Giggsy on merit or for sentimental reasons?

Ji-Sung Park started against Roma last week and after a poor start demonstrated the qualities that persuaded to flash the Glazer's cheque book. Is Park the new Giggs?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
been terrible ... the only game i can remember him being outstanding was boro or derby at home can remember which one other than that he hasnt done a thing ... dissapointing

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
its awful to see him being hauled off at half time like that!! he's in a terrible run of form but I know Giggsy's still capable of top performances!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
He's lost something alright and isn't as big a threat as he used to.

Mark him by getting in and hitting him hard because that will put him out of the game.

Still thing he has a role in the team although his age is starting to show.....

Another season at most to me before "he" calls it a day

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he has been woeful this season...he has lost quite a bit of pace....he seems to have forgotten how to score....his from has been crap all season....he just isnt playing well to put it lightly...hopefully he doesnt get much games or if he does get games then put him on as a sub....a good player in the past bu just lost it now...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Giggs is on 745 appearances now and only has 15 left to beat Sir Bobby Charlton's record of 759. Therefore Giggsy will become the record holder for most apps this season and should retire with dignity left because we want to remember Giggs for the great things he's done. The more he plays he just looks worse each time and its not nice to have to hear people slagging him off after every game. Instead of just being a has been player he could get a coaching role at the club helping bring on young players in the situation he was once in. Then he would still play a part but off field.

At present he does not look like he deserves a place in the United starting line-up ahead of Park Ji-Sung, let alone Nani, when the Portuguese youngster is fit.
Ferguson's patience with the winger seems to be running out judging by his barracking of Giggs from the technical area when the Welshman failed to read a clever chest-pass from Park, but will he have the heart to leave him out in the season's biggest games? Such a decision could play a role in how many trophies, if any, United pick up this season.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I knew some would question me but still, I deliberately left it like that. No, but that's what I've posted in other forums community before. (I'm a registered member at 4 football forums currently) So, I'm just copy-and-pasting without making any corrections at all, because as a lazy git myself, I simply couldn't be arsed to do so. ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
fazman said:
RD4 just copys all his post from elsewhere doesnt he
No he copies and pastes articles for informative purposes.
When he does write something himself, its usually very good, as he
knows his footie ;)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It is sad to see giggs playing so poorly like he has been in recent games.But in so many of our games,he has been a major figure to look to.Last season,he played a major role in helping us win the title.I still have faith in him but he got to find back his form.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
still can calm gs comming on from the bench but when a match is frantic he doesnt get a kick this is why park or tevez should take his shirt for wednesday at the nou camp, i mean messi or eto'o in a straight sprint with giggsy could instantly put us majorly on the back foot, i think fergie can see he's our weaklink thats why he took him off at half time ... maybe nani isn't tactically aware enough yet so park has to start for me

The_Red_Prince said:
It is sad to see giggs playing so poorly like he has been in recent games.But in so many of our games,he has been a major figure to look to.Last season,he played a major role in helping us win the title.I still have faith in him but he got to find back his form.
no time for sentiment now btw, and no time to find form play like a mentalist or sit on the bench simple as

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
I think those people are idiots - it should be dealt with "inside the house" - those people shouldn't have gone to TV to slate him. We are not blind - we all see that he has lost his touch ( although I don't know how is that possible. you lose speed and pace with age but he lost his touch also ) but as I said - we must chose the words wisely when talking about a legend. I would say that Giggs needs to be rested more often. He is the best left winger of all time FFS !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts