Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that mutv would carry on showing clips of wednesday and thursday night celebrations i'm quite gutted that they haven't :(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
tallgirl said:
I was hoping that mutv would carry on showing clips of wednesday and thursday night celebrations i'm quite gutted that they haven't :(
Yeah you would think they might have them on all summer so we can basque
in the glory :D .
My Mutv hasnt worked since the game, annoyingly enough, but I'm still
watching all the clips and videos I find scoring the net.
I think I'll be watching them daily for a long time to come. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do you mean in terms of footage that hasn't been shown on ITV and Sky Sports etc. MUTV did have an exclusive camera on the team coach when they were leaving Manchester Airport.

I agree that there could have been more footage of the team etc. but I was pleased with the amount of live phone ins they have been doing.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
They will probably show more and more clips as the days/weeks go by so we will watch MUTV more often.

speaking of MUTV, am i the only person who hates the commentator, Stewart Gardner? his voice is just too high pitch. When we score a good goal all you hear is a high pitch child like voice. Without meaning to offend people, i prefer a nothern commentator, like Steve Bower who is now being wasted by Setanta.

I also hate David Stowell, he is just so annoying to look at. altough Mandy and Hayley are pretty good(;) ) and Jack Evans i like aswell and obviously Paddy is a legend and his biasness is now the only thing that makes the matches worth listening to on MUTV.

what are other people's opinions? i was gonna create a thread on this but since this came up i thought I'd mention it here...

·
Registered
590 Posts
TheManc said:
speaking of MUTV, am i the only person who hates the commentator, Stewart Gardner? his voice is just too high pitch. When we score a good goal all you hear is a high pitch child like voice. Without meaning to offend people, i prefer a nothern commentator, like Steve Bower who is now being wasted by Setanta.
I don't think Stewart is awful, but he's not as good as Steve in my opinion. I used to think Crerand and Bower really were a great double act, they were both knowledgeable, United fans and had a good banter but could still talk sensibly about United. And without a doubt Steve is wasted at Sentanta, he rarely if at all covers big matches, I cannot recall him commentating on even one Premiership game this season :eek:

And as for Mandy and Hayley, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them ;)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
jd_united said:
I don't think Stewart is awful, but he's not as good as Steve in my opinion. I used to think Crerand and Bower really were a great double act, they were both knowledgeable, United fans and had a good banter but could still talk sensibly about United. And without a doubt Steve is wasted at Sentanta, he rarely if at all covers big matches, I cannot recall him commentating on even one Premiership game this season :eek:

And as for Mandy and Hayley, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them ;)
I think he covers the lower league matches like the Conference. Its a shame ias its a waste of his abilities.

If only MUTV could pay him the same amount as Setanta..

·
Registered
590 Posts
I agree with that I think he had a real knowledge for the game. He seemed to have the perfect job though to me, get paid to go and watch United and speak about them. Setanta must be paying him a hell of a lot more money than MUTV were for him to leave.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
jd_united said:
I agree with that I think he had a real knowledge for the game. He seemed to have the perfect job though to me, get paid to go and watch United and speak about them. Setanta must be paying him a hell of a lot more money than MUTV were for him to leave.
I rekon we should all email MUTV to get him back ;) (i'm being serious btw, I can't stand Stewart Gardner:mad: )

steve bower left because he has a baby and needed more money to pay for him/her.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yeah mandy and hayley are pretty good ;-)
Paddy is a legend but his bias is pretty comical.
Sometimes, he goes OTT and you just think
'Paddy you CANNOT be serious' in a McEnroe voice.
It's a decent channel to have for sure, but I feel they
could make it a lot better. Irwin's game review is always spot on
as well. Denis is a legend.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Yeah mandy and hayley are pretty good ;-)
Paddy is a legend but his bias is pretty comical.
Sometimes, he goes OTT and you just think
'Paddy you CANNOT be serious' in a McEnroe voice.
It's a decent channel to have for sure, but I feel they
could make it a lot better. Irwin's game review is always spot on
as well. Denis is a legend.
yeh i agree, the shows that I most like are the 'The big match with dennis Irwin',
'Paddy Crerrand in exta time', 'live from OT', and the highlights of the season before's matches, and the reserve matches, altough again David stowell and particularly Stewart Gardner make it somewhat of a struggle lol.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Just found this and it might help.....I presume they mean this coming friday...?

'Watch behind-the-scenes footage from the team plane and coach in MUTV's special programme Kings of Europe at 18:30 and 23:00 BST on Friday.'

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Everytime I put mutv on since the game, its been the game, celebrations and interviews - how much more do you want?

MUTV can be viewed direct onto your pc, via manutd.com, for £4 per month.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
I too find Stewart Gardner very annoying. Shame really, puts me off watching the highlights on MUTV.
thank god someone agrees with me. I find his commentating cringeworthy, and he just has an annoying face, especially his hair where he has a line of baldness running through, similar to David Stowell.

anyway, we should have a Manutd fan commentating on it, Stewart Gardner supports Bristol City. I know Steve Bower supported Oldham, but he also supported Manutd.

btw, did anyone know that ITV actually have a stake in MUTV? maybe they could lend us Clive Tyldesley ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Red Devil said:
Everytime I put mutv on since the game, its been the game, celebrations and interviews - how much more do you want?

MUTV can be viewed direct onto your pc, via manutd.com, for £4 per month.
£4! Damnit! I hope I can watch the match somehow! - Im talking about the SA tourne!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would get MUTV but I don't pay the bills and nobody's gonna pay for it for me :(

But I watch all the free shows when their on! :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts