Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am from Melbourne and I am heading to my first Manchester United game against Tottanham.
I was lucky enough to make friends with 2 english lads and they got me a ticket for the game, you guys don't understand how much this means to me. I just can't wait ...... I may cry alittle bit hahah

I also want to do the tour of old trafford is that open every day?

Anyways guys, just thought I would share my joy with you boys and girls
cheers

PS: is there a united pub near old trafford for after the game?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hi,

I hope you enjoy the game.

The stadium tour is not available on matchdays.

There are plenty of pubs local to Old Trafford - The Trafford, Bishop's Blaize and Sam Platts being the main 3. My personal favourite is Sam Platts but I think most people on here would recommend the Bishop's Blaize.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hey guys

I am from Melbourne and I am heading to my first Manchester United game against Tottanham.
I was lucky enough to make friends with 2 english lads and they got me a ticket for the game, you guys don't understand how much this means to me. I just can't wait ...... I may cry alittle bit hahah

cheers

Well mate i wish i could go with you, i am also from Melbourne and have never been to a game, hope you enjoy it, i want to go and see United play at OT one day.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hey guys

cheers

1. Stay at the Etap Salford Quays. 32 pounds a night, it's clean and only 15minutes walk from OT.

2. No stadium Tours on matchdays, so you need 2 days in Manchester

3. The English food sucks. it's actually worse than aussie grub ;). So either find out where there's a pub with good food or stick with fast food chains like Burger King.

4. Forget the megastore and head for the souveir stands outside the stadium on matchdays.

5. Only bring a small camera into the stadium and use it sparingly or top reds will lable you a 'daytripper' , but to be honest, I didn't give a **** and took a whole lot of pictures and still sang more and louder than the 'top reds' around me :rolleyes:

6. Enjoy it. take it all in. The memory will last for a long time :)

7. At the end of the tour, you will find yourself in the megastore. Run for your life and don't orget to go back into the museum and take it all in again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts