Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for now until we get a graphics area(if we get one) any graphics help should go in this forum...
great forum
if you want any help direct from me, ask here...or if you think it is an embarrasing nooby question, pm me

a tutorial without pics made by one of my favourite sig makers ever...unfortunately he doesnt visit the forum anymore:
Basically, You Fill the blank canvas with a dark grey.

Add your render of choice.

Duplicate and hide the original.

Smudge the duplicated render so it looks like a cloud (can't describe what I mean.)

Set Layer mode to Luminosity, Opacity 75%, duplicate and set the duplicate to Lighten at 75%.

Unhide and duplicate your original Render, bring this to the top.

Smudge the outline of the render only. Leave this layer as normal, 100% opacity.

Choose 1 or 2 C4D's, set them to Colour Dodge at 50% opacity (Can be changed at anytime.)

new layer. Get a soft white brush, size 300, and brush a few times outside your sig's canvas. Then, with a soft white brush, size 200, more into your sig so about a quarter of the brush is showing, and brush once or twice. Then choose a soft white brush, size 100, and brush once so that half of it is showing. This creates a light source. Smile

New Layer. Grab the elliptical marquee tool and make some circles around your sig. Fill with Dark Grey (darker then the background layer.) Smudge the circles.

New Layer. Repeat with circles in different positions, but with an even darker, almost blackish grey.

Add your text in between the two grey smudged layers.

Then you add colour to it. What ever way you like, weather it be gradient maps, Photo filters, what ever. Smile

Then add a levels layer. I use Auto, because I'm a n00b who has no idea what he's doing. Razz

Then your choice of border and your done

dont rip this(edit it and claim as your own)...copied directly from him.

for those not used to tutorials, they are a guide...you dont need to use everything on it

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
render= a picture that has been cut out- took me a while to work it out
unfortunately now, but i can give you a couple of pieces at the end of the tut if you want

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is the first one i have ever made and i would love some feedback
also, sorry to anyone on a slow internet because this will take a while to load

Z

·
0 Posts
I got this far but couldn't work out how to insert an image into it, I'm such a noob

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tips for zuco(wallpaper):
more grass...it just seems to start...make it so that it is nice and thick at the bottom so you cant see where different blades start
reduce the strength of the plastic wrapper if thats what it is... nice effect though ;)
for tect, there is a button saying "T" in your left toolbar
i would show you some effects, but im not sure what sort you would want...

if you think im being harsh, im sorry...for every picture posted in this thread, i will make comments like this to try and help you improve

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
This is really helpful.

I've made some with a different piece of software, called paint.net.

Here's some of my embarassing atempts!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i cant really help you too much...i have no idea what features paint.net has...il try my best to help...but wont be as useful as with photoshop users

try and make all the shadowy parts go in the same direction

change text colour and continue the image to the bottom instead of getting lighter around the text...some people might like it...but i dont :p

Z

·
0 Posts
safcfan_cjl said:
tips for zuco(wallpaper):
more grass...it just seems to start...make it so that it is nice and thick at the bottom so you cant see where different blades start
reduce the strength of the plastic wrapper if thats what it is... nice effect though ;)
for tect, there is a button saying "T" in your left toolbar
i would show you some effects, but im not sure what sort you would want...

if you think im being harsh, im sorry...for every picture posted in this thread, i will make comments like this to try and help you improve
Not harsh at all, I appreciate the help :)

I know how to put text into the wallpaper, but it's just plain text and looks crap :(

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when you have wrote the text, either right-click the layers option and choose blending options, or use the tool with the 'T' with the arrow underneath to change angles, and curve and stuff

had a request on info about why we use them what they do etc
shortcut: ctrl+shift+N
use layers for many reasons...edit things underneath if someone asks you to
easier to tell whats what...again(editing)
can change the layer typs to different things...eg darken
orders things so you can change the order quickly

im sure there are more(clipping masks thati dont understand are effected alot by layers) if i think of any important reasons, il edit this post

also, they all get merged together in all formats except psd(photoshop only format) this does not mean you dont need layers at all...also this means you should remember to save it twice...once as psd so yo can edit it, once as jpg, or other uploadable formet

Z

·
0 Posts
My first attempt at a sig, it isn't a United one as I
didn't have a United render to work from.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
keano, i dont like the picture quality but other than that it is good

zuco, brilliant...im not very good with commenting on work like this...im sure a member at gfxonline will give you tips though

1 - 20 of 52 Posts