Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I think we should name and shame some of the members here who were disgusting enough to bad mouth Ryan Giggs over the last few months... not just Ryan but bad mouthing nearly every1 from time to time it really bugs the s... out of me when I see some of the comments and there's plenty of members here who really hate seeing it as well... you'd think we weren't world, european and english champions or something!!!

Some absolute twat actually said we should cash in on Rooney a few months back, I knew I should have written his user name down. berbatov came under ridiculous criticism also! look at him now!

I'll admit the two players I criticised last year were Carrick and Nani... Carrick has since become one of the finest midfielders in Europe. Nani is still v frustrating...

My theory has always been ALWAYS trust Fergie!

Anyway I'm sick of some of the tripe being posted and I think any1 who had the cheek to say a bad word about a man like Giggsy should be ashamed of themselves (sounding a bit like keegan here!!)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Well tbf anyone who said that Ryan Giggs was too hairy was right. :D

It seems to be human nature to try and knock people off their pedestal when they are going through a bad patch.

I'm always reminded of the saying: 'Form is temporary, class is permanent.'

Giggs, Rooney et al are undoubtedly top class.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Giggs = Legend

Anyone who doubts his ability is a total idiot and a muppet.

But people don't change. Now he's playing fantastic football again so the muppets start praising him and find another player in bad form to criticize. This is a fact and it will not change.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
always been a giggs fan always will be.......in a different league to ronaldo...when is the guy going to get a knighthood??

·
Registered
629 Posts
scottsati said:
always been a giggs fan always will be.......in a different league to ronaldo...when is the guy going to get a knighthood??
He should get it when he retires. I think he can get it at the end of this season if we win the Premier League and the Champions League. I hope he does get it while he is still playing.

Z

·
0 Posts
When Giggs is playing shit, people are entitled to say he's playing shit. There's nothing wrong with that. Some people are blinded by his stature within the club and refuse to criticize anything he does. He's been playing great recently, but in periods last season he was shockingly bad and deservedly got some stick on this forum and other forums.

I say we name and shame people who want to name and shame others for having an opinion. eoininho is defendant numero uno. Differing opinions are what make this forum what it is. It would be a bit boring if we all sat behind our desks agreeing on everything.

If eoininho gets his way, every thread will be like this:

"Giggs is great"

"I agree"

"Yes, he's amazing"

"etc etc etc"

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
When Giggs is playing shit, people are entitled to say he's playing shit. There's nothing wrong with that. Some people are blinded by his stature within the club and refuse to criticize anything he does. He's been playing great recently, but in periods last season he was shockingly bad and deservedly got some stick on this forum and other forums.
I agree with that.

But, about the highlighted bit, that happens with a lot of players/ex-players, not just Giggs, and that does annoy me tbh.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-zuco- said:

I say we name and shame people who want to name and shame others for having an opinion. eoininho is defendant numero uno. Differing opinions are what make this forum what it is. It would be a bit boring if we all sat behind our desks agreeing on everything.

If eoininho gets his way, every thread will be like this:

"Giggs is great"

"I agree"

"Yes, he's amazing"

"etc etc etc"
I understand if some1 is playing badly to say, 'he had a poor game today' but for people to say he was finished and not fit to wear the jersey anymore is plain sick imo considering what he has and is still capable of doing, Fergie knows best simple as that

I've never posted a two word comment now to be fair and me not liking some1 for saying Giggs is finished is a little different from not wanting some1 having their own opinion... they were just plain wrong, disrespectful to Giggs and to Ferguson

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ryan Giggs is a legend. Without a doubt. But every member has its own opinion and we should respect the opinions of other members. Not everybody has the same charcter/opinion. If everybody has the same opinion, you would read the same comment hundreds of times. :p

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ayrton-senna3 said:
Ryan Giggs is a legend. Without a doubt. But every member has its own opinion and we should respect the opinions of other members. Not everybody has the same charcter/opinion. If everybody has the same opinion, you would read the same comment hundreds of times. :p
I agree every1 should have an opinion etc.. but what was written about Giggs was plain pants, and no1 has a right to say some of the stuff that was said on this and other United forums, you'd think he was a Liverpool player or something... i fancy Giggs for Players player of the year!!

·
23,699 Posts
Let me ask some questions...

Is this thread necessary? What is the real objective behind the objective to name and shame? Have we taken things too personally?

Isn't this a forum where differences in views and opinions are only expected and perhaps even necessary? Is this not a platform for us to share, discuss, debate or even argue over the differences? Are we not supposed to be honest with what we post? Or are we supposed to sing in one tune in perfect synchronicity?

Did anybody go after you for your criticisms of Carrick and Nani then? If not, why are you doing this now?

Now that Carrick and Berbatov turns out well, do we not all be glad and rejoice? If/when Nani turns out well, do we not all be glad and rejoice too?

What are the players to you? Are they not mere employees of the club we all love? Are the players or the club more important to you? Are the interests of the player or that of the club more important to you? Where does your loyalty lies?

Legend or not, if a player played bad, what are we supposed to say? If the player played bad again, what we are supposed to say next? Are we supposed to expound only the good and abstain from the bad? Is that being objective or real?

Are not the players well paid professionals hired to do their jobs for the club who hires them? Are they not liable for criticisms if they underperform? If most of the players can understand and accept that, what is that for us fans?

Are we fans not stakeholders of the club too? Are we not naturally concerned? Do we all not want the best for the club according to what we honestly think is good? So what if we are wrong if our intention is genuine?

Or should we also start a thread to name and shame those who defend the player(s) at all costs at the expense of the club's ambitions and hence possibly be guilty of putting the players before the club?

Of course not, don't be silly.

Welcome to a forum.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I will admit I knocked Giggs one match, the Celtic match, which he ironically scored in, he was really poor in that, and I will still stand by that no matter what others say. I thought maybe it was the start of his downfall but obviously not, he's been cracking the past month and has started February pretty well as well ;)

But not every player at the club is going be accepted by everyone, people need to have differing views otherwise this wouldn't be a forum, and I doubt anyone will be naming and shaming, for example when Berba joined alot of people questioned it, but so what? Dimi proved them wrong.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
in years to come when giggsy has finished playing he will be hailed has utds GREATEST EVER PLAYER.
when everthing is considered
1. length of service.
2. amount of games.
3. amount of goals.
4. amount of assists.
5. general quality of play.
6. and most importantly amount of MEDALS.

giggs wins most of those catogories hands down or is amongst the utds top performers ever and that has to make him utds number 1.
we all know giggsy ain't a shadow of the player in his prime and we only see fleeting glimpse's of his brilliance these days like at west ham , i just hope he leaves utd at the right time "walking away with a winners medal around his neck".

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ryan Giggs = Legend - Fact
Ryan Giggs = Perfect - NOT Fact.

Its as easy as that..

Not even the biggest Ryan Giggs fan could come out and proudly said that he is a perfect player all along...and name me one football player who are freed from any criticism at all?

Im head over heels in love with Giggsy and if i have to name and shame anyone for criticising him, i'll named myself and im not embarrassed at all for doing it. Ryan Giggs is a great servant, too great that after watching him everytime for the last 20 years, i tend to know too well his capabilities that anything less from him is kind of unacceptable to me. Of course it is unfair thou cause he is only human after all and tend to have his off form at certain stage of his career but i wouldnt take the blame alone cause he has pampered me too much with his brilliant performance and ability. I hate it when he isnt playing well cause i hate to read all these nasty comment about him but truth is why shouldnt he get these comment when he has the choice to play well and to avoid them? So to me right there, legend or no legend he is no different from the rest of the players. Play well you get the credits, play shit you got told off. What matter most is his form on the pitch...if anything, players as experienced as him should be questioned cause his responsibility are much greater than the rest. Everything else like how loyal he has been, how many achievements he has achieved, that is facts that cannot be changed and i acknowledge that highly,however not even that could make him invincible cause in the real world no one is.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Giggs recent resurgence to form is down to...? Fergenius. Playing Giggs in central midfield pretty much saved his future with the club, no doubt.

Anyway, pretty bad thread, I'm with zuco on this one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've certainly slaughtered Giggs elsewhere for his performances over the last few years.

When I heard the team v Chelsea I nearly got back in the car and went home rather than go into the ground, I was convinced we'd get battered. As it turned out Giggs was superb against an admittedly poor Chelsea, and has looked pretty good since. But on Sunday at West Ham, played on the right, he was bloody awful. Typical of the man though to then produce a cracking winning goal.

I've seen him have shocking, 'can't be arsed' games, and I've seen him have blinders, you can only take each performance on it's merits and call it as you see it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts