Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of great players that have played at the football pitches around the world. Names like Cantona, Zola, Zidane , Baggio come to mind in recent histroy but I really miss watching Batistuta. I always felt he reached his peak in the late stages of his career. I really loved the guy - when he stopped playing I felt as if something had been taken from me. I sort of wasn't ready for that. I really loved how he banged them for Fiorentina and especially for Roma later . The one and only player i really regret that never played for us. Ther were a few come-and-get -me pleas but those were already at later stages of his carrer. I always thought he should have achieved more in his career than banging goals for a mediocre club.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I miss Ronaldinho when he was still untouchable and Roy Keane. I also miss Solskjaer sitting on the bench and doing his usual smiley substitution late in the game. I never much cared for Figo or Zidane. The fat Ronaldo was amazing a few years ago so I miss him too. I was too young to really remember Cantona much but I guess I miss him...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Solskjaer, Keano, Cantona, Kanchelskis, a young Ryan Giggs - the usual suspects
Michael Laudrup
Roberto Baggio
Zinedine Zidane
Marco van Basten
Fat Ronaldo (when he was at Barca and Inter - amazing)
Juergen Klinsmann
Rivaldo ...... what a talent!
Luis Figo

and (dare I say it) *takes a deep breath and anticipates the onslaught*
Dennis Bergkamp
Ian Wright
Gianluca Vialli
Gianfranco Zola

There, I've said it.

I know those are a lot of names, not just one, but how can I just name one.
I miss all of those those players!

·
Registered
736 Posts
figo at the age when he scored against england..............
beckham when he is younger.........
sir alex ferguson.....even he's not a player i like him when he manage man utd at a younger age..............he used to jump after he watch a fantastic games..............

·
Registered
915 Posts
From the list in the original post i have to say Zola he was a sublime talent who was far too often overlooked. probably due to developing late in his career, not only a exquisite footballer but also a gentleman, something we need more of in todays game, yes, I'm looking at you Mr Ronaldo!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Brazilian Ronaldo, around the time of the 98 world cup he was amazing and the best striker i have ever seen live, that night at OT he was immense.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
abojodeh said:
its not that am arsenal fan
but i miss henry of arsenal days :)
he was one of the world best players
true - but i never liked the attitude and the arrogance

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
abojodeh said:
forget about his attitude and remember his unbelievable skill
remember his speed and his superb finishing
i know all about that - but the thread is about who do you miss - i do not miss him...not one bit . i can't stand watching him

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
CROoney said:
i know all about that - but the thread is about who do you miss - i do not miss him...not one bit . i can't stand watching him
ok :)
for me i miss him allot
but in the end its your opinion :)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I miss Cristiano Ronaldo in his Manchester United days. :rolleyes:

Nah seriously,
Diego Maradona, he's probably the last player to win a WC alone when Argentina won it in Mexico, 1986. If you're bigger then the Catholic church when playing in Italy you're God. During his years in Napoli Diego > Catholic church was a reality.

Marco van Basten, the hard violent play forced him to retire only 29 years young. He was as natural goal scorer as Ronaldo the first one or any other magic goal scorer. He got the goal scoring record in a CL game in 1992 when he scored four goals against the Swedish side, IFK Göteborg. Since then have Simone Inzaghi and Dado Prso also scored four goals in a CL game.

Hristo Stoichkov, one awesome player I loved to hate. Yes we need those too but Stoichkov was a superb player and if he had been playing for United we've all had worshiped his speed, his dribbling skill, his outstanding crosses and his ability to 'die' in the penalty box.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts