Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ex Benfica defender backs duo to succeed at Man Utd

Tottenham's ex-Benfica defender Ricardo Rocha has given his thoughts on Manchester United's double swoop on the Portuguese league earlier this summer, with Nani (Sporting) and Anderson (Porto) making their way to the Premiership.

“They're two great players,†he told Portuguese daily Record. “They are new and will have to go through a phase of adaptation to English football, which really is completely different from that played in Portugal. But they will do well at United.

“We saw what happened with Cristiano Ronaldo, who has been extremely well supported since he arrived in Manchester, and has become one of the best players in the world in those three or four years. With Nani and Anderson, the same thing can happen, without any doubt.â€

http://www.portugoal.net/ManUtd0708/Rocha-Backs-Anderson-Nani.htm

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Jamie Redknapp has included Anderson in his '10 to watch' for this season and thinks he will be a great player.

Paddy Crerand said on MUTV that he thinks Anderson is good enough to be starting regularly for the 1st team by the end of this season.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anderson will defintly be a hit, but i think Nani is gona need a little time, Like ronaldo did when he started for us. (Does anybody else think Nani looks like a younger old micheal jackson)

·
Registered
103 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
Anderson will defintly be a hit, but i think Nani is gona need a little time, Like ronaldo did when he started for us. (Does anybody else think Nani looks like a younger old micheal jackson)
I thought that but watching last nights game it looked the other way round. Nani played well i thought, linked up well, great goal. Didnt think Anderson got fully into the game to be honest, still think both will be great signings though !!

A

·
0 Posts
Yes Nani last match was a good one... Both Nani and Anderson will give a big push for Man Utd...

I'm impatient for the Premiership to start.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with king eric. for someone who is likened to Ronaldinho he didnt seem much of an attacking player he was holding of and collecting from defence if anything. Still i think once they've settled in they will both be class players. Frazier Campbell looked sharp to...What did everyone think of last night?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
lol no nani just looks like evra but more turtley

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KingEric said:
I thought that but watching last nights game it looked the other way round. Nani played well i thought, linked up well, great goal. Didnt think Anderson got fully into the game to be honest, still think both will be great signings though !!
It was Andersons first 90 mins since he came though, so hes not close to peak fitness. Give him time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
unitedred said:
It was Andersons first 90 mins since he came though, so hes not close to peak fitness. Give him time.
totally agree mate, as i said - i have no doubt both will prove to be great signings for us....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts