Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
migueldadon said:
I agree with you but remember ronaldo was the same way with his annoying stepovers, I think you should look at the facts that he has scored and that he is leading the team in assists to prove that he is quality, just let fergie work on him like he did with ronaldo and in a couple of years he will be one of the best wingers in the world

I do see your point and agree it has validity.
Stats are obviously very important but they dont always reflect the true picture.
The topic is Nani/Anderson so:
Nani-2 goals and 10 assists.
Anderson-0 goals and 2 assists.

Im sure if you asked people on this forum, most would say that Anderson has been the more effective and shown better qualities than Nani.
Basically that Anderson is the better signing.

Nani has been 'good' so far in his United career. We need/want him to become amazing week in week out. Hopefully we will see that happen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hopefully Giggs lets him have a better run next season after his wins his 10th league title this season:D, I believe is Nani was playing week in week out atleast 20assists by now in all competitions:D

·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I do see your point and agree it has validity.
Stats are obviously very important but they dont always reflect the true picture.
The topic is Nani/Anderson so:
Nani-2 goals and 10 assists.Anderson-0 goals and 2 assists.

Im sure if you asked people on this forum, most would say that Anderson has been the more effective and shown better qualities than Nani.
Basically that Anderson is the better signing.

Nani has been 'good' so far in his United career. We need/want him to become amazing week in week out. Hopefully we will see that happen.

I don't have the statistics of how many games Nani has played for us this season thus far. But the aforementioned, in itself, must be pretty awesome already, isn't it? While I dare not blow the trumpet too loudly for him at this point in time, I remain quietly confident he will come good, perhaps not as accomplished as Ronaldo, but certainly some winger worths his salt to replace Giggs.

I remember Ronaldo was really a pain in the a*s when he first came to us. He was always too busy indulging himself in showcasing his skills for self-glorification, predominantly the overdone step-overs, rendering himself ineffective and causing his team mates to tear their hair in exasperation... But look at him today, the will to be the best in the world, the mentorship of Fergie plus his own personal hard work have indeed truly transformed him into a different animal altogether.

I see Nani in a similar light. Similar in terms of potential less the over-indulgence and self-glorification. What luck. Good sublime ball skills, nimble-footed and speedy, the will and patience to learn and develop, and boy, can he shoot. I actually don't recall any of our other players scoring from outside the box in the normal run of play this season and he scored two (!), including the winner against Spurs earlier in the season.

Given more time and games under his belt, we should be confident of what we will be witnessing in the near future - a pair of twin terrors bursting down both flanks. Something Giggs has not been doing, though that is another topic for another day.

Last but not least, Anderson... Nah, there is nothing to add here that we are not already aware of. And we all know he is gonna be a Superstar.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Good post Versa.....You make some great points and lets hope you are right at the end of it.

Nani has 26 apps for United though Im not sure how many as sub. At a guess I would say about half those games. You are right about his stats, they are very good indeed. I just think he can offer more is all.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
his attitude and style of skills are similar to ronaldos (nani) but his overall playing style is much more similar to simao....i think if he continues to improve at united and keeps working hard he will be a much better version of simao which would be great, assists and goals....i just hope he was a little bit more direct, he seems to not run at players that much but when he plays more games in a row his confidence naturally seems to improve and then he tries to run at players....

i think its great he does his "tricks" and i dont really mind the so called selfishness, his only 20/21....im sick of brits always lamented good footballers with skills who are actiually good at football and are so quickly called "showboaters"...in that case all the greatest footballers ever have all been showboaters....its great to have talent like nani at the club, i think with more experience and consistancy he would be ahead of giggs....because our legend giggs is looking a little old now....

as for anderson, another players whos looks class, i hope he plays more offensive in the future, i don't know if any of you have seen him play for porto but he was awesome there, both passing, skills, dribbling, shooting and he was entertaining to watch aswell....something which clubs as big as united demand...and we should be proud of it...

to me the best signing of the summer was tevez....stayed fit, scored plenty of goals, seems to score very important goals....

hargreaves seems like a class player, huge experience and intelligence for a holding midfield player but needs to get fully fit, cannot rely on half fit players....

anderson seems to be great, i just hope he continues to improve and work hard and not be afraid to try things on the pitch because he looks like he could be word class

nani looks like someone who united are used to grooming so i think he'll get far at the club and i think he has great potential, 2 footed, good cross, rocket shot, often hits target or comes close, just needs to work on his work rate and movement...possibly composure but these things all come in time and hard work and experience from training and matches....

i think this was the best summer united have had in the transfer market in a long time...great signings....

wouldn't have minded us snapping up aguero aswell..lol....would be over crowded up front though i know

pz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anderson has truely amazed me, and is now my favourite player behind Scholes and ona par with Vidic! I thought he would be class but would take some settling and I really bagan to doubt his short term use after Sunderland game, but then he went on some lovely run of games and has proven that Fergie has done the impossible! He has found a replacement for the amazing Paul Scholes!

With Nani, I am willing to wait after what happened with Ronaldo but I feel he gets overrated because, bar two thunderbolts he has done barely anything for us, and people remember the thunderbolts more than the annoying cockyness, and shit overall displays, when he is actualy rather average!

Hargreaves has been great imo and we will see the best of him when the games start coming thick and fast especially with Champions League games, where he could have helped a lot last year with Kaka!!!

Tevez, once he found that chemistry with him and Rooney has been top class, and scores lots of highly important goals!!! I fhe was quicker I would rate him higher than Rooney but it gets annoying when he cant win races, although he makes up for it in work rate, vision and amazing strength for a small guy!!!

And finally, lay off Nani for the tricks as for me, it's why I love United, their style of play, hard work (I know Nani lacks in that) and quick, sylish, skillful football which Nani epitomises!!!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Anderson held his own in midfield against Liverpool (Gerard) and Arsenal (Fabregas) in the League.

I have already complimented him and heaped praise on him in other threads soooo

now all I have to say is................Play Him Fergie ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
both Anderson and Nani have given great effort when there names have been called to play.... I look forward to seeing both players continue to improve... They both has exceeded my expectations for there first year.... great signings

21 - 29 of 29 Posts